Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for action/violence and some sensuality|
Sex & Nudity
- Theatrical Version: No nudity. No Sex.
- Directors Cut Version: A woman in a bar lifts her top very briefly revealing bare breasts.
- Electra wears a skin-tight latex outfit.
Violence & Gore
- The theatrical cut is rated PG-13, while the Director's Cut is rated R.
- Some of these scenes (mainly the more violent ones, are only in the directors cut version)
- A group of kids bully a kid by pushing him down.
- Young Matt spots his father roughing up some guy in an alley (for his boss). Matt then runs off, only to have toxic chemicals spill onto his face (and blind him) when a truck nearly hits him but instead pierces some canisters that spill the liquid.
- There is a boxing match. Some blood.
- A man is beaten to death in front of his son. Not too graphic but upsetting.
- A man is cut in two by a subway train, but it shows no blood. We see each half of his body going into an ambulance.
- We see a man pull his own tooth out with his fingers and spit blood.
- A man is stabbed in the neck with a shuriken (bit bloody)
- A man has a knife thrown in his forehead (bloody)
- A man has pencils sticking out of his throat (bloody)
- A man hits a man in the face with a cane (getting blood on his cane). Then he strangles and breaks the neck of another man.
- A woman has a knife thrown through her hand and we see her pulling it out in a fair amount of detail. She is later stabbed in the stomach and is hurled off a building.
- An old lady chokes to death on a peanut.
- A man is shot through both hands and is thrown out a window (he lives).
- There are several highly stylized martial arts-type fights with hands, feet, and weapons (sometimes drawing blood, causing tremendous amounts of property damage, and ending in grievous bodily harm or gruesome death). Weapons include staffs, throwing stars and similar devices, wire for garotting, and sai. Some characters use guns.
- In the director's cut a woman is shot in the back.
- A man's knees are broken or dislocated when he gets kicked in the knees from ground level (a very painfully depicted scene, however, his legs are not shown to be twisted backwards but rather he falls to his knees crying out in pain)
- At least 5 uses of shit, 4 assholes, There are also several other profane and vulgar expressions.
- 5 uses of fuck(4 of them is heard in a background song, so you don't notice them)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A principal character is always smoking a cigar.
- There is a party where lots of people drink and smoke.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Young Matt freaks out in the hospital room when his newly heightened senses overwhelm him with too much sensory data, this may be upsetting to young children.
- Two of the death scenes may be found upsetting.
- The scene where Kingpin's legs are broken is a bit upsetting as we see him screaming in pain.
- Daredevil is one of the darker superhero films with lots of emotional scenes.