Superman returns to Earth after spending five years in space examining his homeworld Krypton. But he finds things have changed while he was gone, and he must once again prove himself important to the world.
When bitten by a genetically modified spider, a nerdy, shy, and awkward high school student gains spider-like abilities that he eventually must use to fight evil as a superhero after tragedy befalls his family.
Elektra the warrior survives a near-death experience, becomes an assassin-for-hire, and tries to protect her two latest targets, a single father and his young daughter, from a group of supernatural assassins.
Will Yun Lee
Bruce Banner, a brilliant scientist with a cloudy past about his family, is involved in an accident in his laboratory causing him to become exposed to gamma radiation and Nanomeds (a tiny life form that is supposed to heal wounds, but has killed everything with which they have made contact). Confused and curious about his survival, Banner discovers that since the accident, whenever he becomes angry, he transforms into a giant green monster destroying everything in sight in an act of rage. Bruce's mysterious past and the answer to why the radiation had this effect becomes revealed to him as his birth father David Banner intervenes with hopes to continue experimenting on him.Written by
(at around 1h 5 mins) When the Hulk pulls the from the windshield of Betty's car the entire windshield is smashed. The next view of the car shows only a hole on the driver's side of the windshield. See more »
[about Dr. David Banner]
He gets released, and a month later your lab is destroyed. What a coincidence. So you're just not going to tell me where he is, are you?
How many times do I have to tell you? I'd like to help you, but I just don't know.
You know who I am, right, Banner?
You're Betty's father. You're a high-ranking general.
Let's cut the crap. I'm the guy who had your father tossed away, and a lot more like him, and I'll do the same with you if I feel so disposed. You understand?
If you ...
[...] See more »
The Marvel Comics logo features comic-book images of the Hulk in its pages; it's shaded green, the Hulk's traditional color; and after it fully forms it bubbles out of the frame, reflecting the biological experiments carried out. See more »
German theatrical version was cut to secure a "Not under 12" rating. Removed were the torturing of Hulk with electro shocks in the Army camp and the death of the frog. The DVD contains the complete version. See more »
almost got me teary, and frustrated me at the same time
It's late, so I'll just bullet point my thoughts.
1. Hulk as CGI - works most of the time, some of the time it doesn't. Nobody can argue with that. But, like Gollum, the expressions of the face and the fantastic body language made you WANT to believe. Unlike Gollum, some of the shots just don't work at all. The big CG breakthrough for this movie - the manipulation of real settings was just SPECTACULAR. I fully belived that San Fran was getting torn apart.
2. Too long. Cut a half hour.
3. The comic book style - hit and miss.
4. Most of my friends hated the movie, yet.....
5. ..... I found many of the scenes to be incredibly moving, which took me by surprise. Though I secretly hoped that the Hulk would just be ICE Storm with Hulk in the Joan Allen role, I have to admit that Lee pulled off one helluva feat. I sympathized more for the hulk than the entire MATRIX cast (of both movies) combined. And I'll take a faulted movie with emotion over almost any big budget vehicle any day.
The L Man
84 of 150 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this