Joe Somebody (2001)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for language, thematic elements and some mild violence|
Sex & Nudity
- Mild sex references.
- Jeremy spends much of the movie being sexually harassing Meg, looking at her behind as she walks away etc.
- Jeremy later falsely claims Meg slept with him, and when Joe asks about this, she says that even if he tied her to a bed, she would rather set herself on fire than have sex with him.
- Jeremy yells at Joe that Meg slept with everyone in the office in an attempt to provoke him.
Violence & Gore
- Mild violence.
- Joe confronts Mark when he parks in his space, but Mark threatens to hit him in front of his daughter. When Joe refuses to back down, Mark strikes him twice in the face until Natalie runs out to her father's aid. Joe has a bloodied nose for the rest of the scene.
- Several scenes where Joe trains with a martial arts tutor, including a moment where Joe is struck in the throat. Much of the violence in these scenes are comic and aimed at self-defence and self-confidence, including two scenes where they hit each other in the crotch.
- Joe is struck in the crotch with a squash ball.
- Joe and Mark race and fight each other through a supermarket to get to an empty till, and Mark knocks Joe through a display.
- Do use of gods name in vain not necessary but used.
- Any use of taking Gods name in vain should be severe profanity
- This movie uses gods name in vain.
- Mild language: 2 or 3 uses of "shit", references to Joe having "balls of steel", and some minor profanity throughout.
- Natalie curses in some early scenes, but her father reprimands her for it.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- When Joe is visited at home, his garbage splits, revealing many empty beer cans from where he's being drinking heavily.
- Characters visit bars on several occasions, but nothing objectionable.
- Meg smokes but tries to hide it (only seen twice).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The initial confrontation in the parking lot may upset some viewers. (Not played for laughs)
- Joe falls into a depressive spiral after the first fight, and begins to show behaviour like excessive cleaning and panic attacks.
Violence & Gore
- Joe strikes Jeremy in the throat when he refuses to fight Mark (non-fatally).