Law & Order: Criminal Intent (TV Series 2001–2011) Poster

D'Onofrio is a genius.
draugwenL4 October 2005
I originally didn't care much for Criminal Intent, focusing my energy toward Special Victims Unit. I have done this for years and never much thought about it. How wrong I have been. Vincent D'Onofrio has evolved his character to be hard-nosed, yet sensitive,intelligent, pure, tortured, and easily identifiable to the suspects, not to mention, able to solve a crime off the top of his head to a certain extent. His own past with sexual abuse is beautifully understated. Bobby Goren is the heart and soul of the entire series, constantly stunning me with his genius and beautiful crafting, even being a little bit sexy. I think Goren is magical. All the utter brilliance of his work has made me wonder: Why has D'Onofrio not won an Emmy?
164 out of 187 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well-made
MichaelOates16 February 2004
Dick Wolf has created quality television once again with the latest series in the "Law & Order" franchise. Wolf combines intelligence, intensity, clever characters and stories as well as great charm and wit to create a successful formula for "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe, Jamey Sheridan, and Courtney B. Vance shine as they give performances that supercede those given on "NYPD Blue." Like the cast on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," D'Onofrio, Erbe, Sheridan and Vance feed off each other as if they were veterans working together for a long time.

One of the biggest reasons It is especially fun to watch D'Onofrio's character Bobby Goren at work as he uses deductive reasoning combined with his great intellect to pick out the perpetrator. D'Onofrio gives insightful performances with each episode he stars.

Like their co-star, Erbe, Sheridan and Vance are welcome additions to an already wonderful series, who each bring their own unique brand of style and talent to their respective roles, a quality that sets them apart from other crime drama casts.

Quality writing and riveting performances set "Law And Order: Criminal Intent" far apart from the other crime dramas on television. Each episode is riveting, written with intelligence, and contains characters with great depth. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is one of only a few crime dramas that contains all of these elements. I will always set aside one hour every week to watch "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" when the writing is this good.

It was a pleasant surprise to watch the writers' come up with an original idea, which they think of stories that delve into the criminal mind and the motives behind the crime. Also, they drew me in with their ability to create a detective with skills similar to Sherlock Holmes and a partner that rivals Dr. Watson.

The outstanding writing and great performances make me care about this outstanding series. With involving storylines, clever and insightful characters, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is one of the finest crime dramas on television.
73 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Series: OK Acting:OK with the exception of D'Onofrio
smokskren24 August 2002
Admittedly I am a huge fan of Law & Order, so I am probably a bit prejudiced with regard to Law & Order Criminal Intent. I have found that the story lines are up to standard the original series set. I feel that the character development in LOCI has tremendous potential.

Intended or not, one of the main characters, Goren, evolves as the central character in each episode. His ability and desire to understand the reasoning behind the actions of the criminals is captivating. He appears supremely intelligent but without a superior attitude. Each episode Goren is called upon to draw from his own eclectic knowledge base which, depending on the episode, might be a foreign language, the psychology behind the criminal mind, odd medical conditions, rare art values or something equally unexpected. His knowledge seems to be acquired because he is driven to know more, to understand more completely, to totally get inside the criminal's head, dissect whatever thought processes are happening and add this to his vast 'file' in his own head. This desire coupled with D'Onofrio's unusual mannerisms create a unique approach to 'cracking' a suspect and makes you sweat right along with the criminal. (Added bonus: D'Onofrio is INCREDIBLY sexy!!)

The other characters are standard Law & Order issue. Very competent, fairly easy to understand without being too simple. They have lives and feelings and issues that some times conflict with their duties which gives them a dimension frequently lacking in television but always existent in Law & Order shows/spinoffs.

I am hoping that this series will be renewed for enough seasons so that the audience will have a chance to peek into the depths of Goren's mind and understand how HE works. All in all, I believe this is a series well worth your time and I sincerely hope that it continues. (I also want to see more of D'Onofrio!!)
101 out of 122 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vincent D'Onofrio shines as Robert Goren
WarriorofAres30 June 2004
Somehow when I first started watching Law and Order C.I. I couldn't help but laugh at the crook and their lawyers when Vincent D'Onofrio talks circles around them. By the time the criminal and their lawyer realizes what's happened he's already confessed and doesn't even know he's confessed to killing a person. If I had to pick four Detectives that I like, they'd definitely be Briscoe and Green and Goren and his partner. I some how prefer them to some of the Detectives that I've seen on other TV shows. I'd have to say that this is definitely where D'Onofrio shines at his best, if it's a child then he gets down to the child's level of understanding and intelligence and speaks to them using words that they understand, if it's an adult suspect then he simply just talks circles around them until they admit that they've committed the crime without even knowing about it.
58 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dick Wolf continues to work his magic
michaelsibley41625 June 2004

Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe, Jamey Sheridan, and Courtney B. Vance shine as they give performances that supersede those given on "NYPD Blue." Like the cast on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," D'Onofrio, Erbe, Sheridan and Vance feed off each other as if they were veterans working together for a long time.

The outstanding writing and great performances make me care about this outstanding series. With involving story lines, clever and insightful characters, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is one of the finest crime dramas on television.
46 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Makes you think more...
davezeppelin22 July 2003
After seeing this show and having watched the other 2 L&O shows, I must say that this one has made me think the most and always has me gripping right to the end just like the other two. All 3 have become excellent shows and each stands out has forged its own identity. D'Onofrio is so good it will give you chills at times. 5 out of 5.
40 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intelligent and fun
Christeen12 November 2001
I am a long standing fan of Law and Order,the original series. I never could get into SVU, but I love CI. The intelligence of Vincent's character is wonderful and I have fun watching him "trip" the bad guys. There is humor and sarcasm that I find refreshing, it keeps the show from being too dark. I don't find this show overly violent at all. The acting and writing are top notch. Definitely my favorite series this season.
41 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't wait for the sale of Law & Order: Criminal Intent II.
angie-p-ballard24 February 2004
Seldom do I get attached to TV series, but my personal interest in criminology got me started on watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent. I came upon the series in its second season and was hooked. I am fascinated with the "ripped from the headlines" plot and the unique way the stories unfold (i.e, the viewer knows something the detectives don't and vice versa). This coupled with the ending (always a surprise) leads one to demand more.

The main characters are talented actors and I enjoy watching them interact with each other, sort of . . . you may be smart, but I'm better looking. Alex is no side kick, she holds her own and can match wits with the best of them - including "right brain" Bobby. Whoever cast these two together deserves a "right brain" metal.
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Insightful, educational, intense and riveting; a MUST SEE
photogod41625 January 2004
Dick Wolf has created quality television once again with the latest series in the "Law & Order" franchise. Wolf combines intelligence, intensity, charm and wit to create the successful formula for "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

Quality writing and riveting performances set "Law And Order: Criminal Intent" far apart from the other crime dramas on television. Each episode is riveting, written with intelligence, and contains characters with great depth. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is one of only a few crime dramas that contains all of these elements. It is an honor to set aside one hour every week to watch "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

The outstanding writing and great performances make me care about this outstanding series. With involving storylines and insightful characters, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is one of the finest crime dramas on television.
34 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
5th season is a disappointment
rozzietred24 February 2006
i was really hoping that with the addition of Chris Noth and Annabella Sciorra that the show would pick up and give Vincent rest so that he could add more fire to his roll as in the past. that has not proved to be the case.

the shows story lines are dry and predictable CI used to be my favorite law and order, but i think i will have to reevaluate my selections.

I still think D'onofrio is an excellent actor because i have seen him in other films, perhaps it is time for him to move on to other things. Or perhaps he has and is no longer interested in playing this roll, only in finishing his current contract.

either way i continue to wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great stories, but bad leading characters
Martin Sommerfeld13 August 2006
For me nothing beats the original LAW AND ORDER series. But Criminal Intent has sometimes great cases, great stories, where you really want to KNOW what's going on and why. Sadly what's really bothering me is how they are solved. It's OK to have a genius like Detective Robert Goren who is so much more clever than the usual detective or his partners. But he is an expert in EVERY little thing in the world, including special import candies from Europe and so on and so on. For me he is just an unbelievable character, no one can know everything. Always. He doesn't even have to sit down and study in a library, he just knows. Thats spoils the series a lot for me, cause solving the case is of course the main part of every episode. If just now and again he would be wrong in something....
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show is Great
ssaber4 November 2003
It is different than the others because is more of the criminal mind than the actions. Note the title INTENT. Law. The state of one's mind at the time one carries out an action. That is the definition of intent. This role is perfect for Vincent. He has come along way from adventures in Babysitting
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unrealistic, but amazing, series!
koijamas19 April 2003
Did you ever notice that Det. Robert Goren(Vincent D'Onofrio) uses the most unconventional methods available? In reality, barely any of the cases given and solved by the two perfectly competent, zealous detectives, would be won in court. As in every Law & Order series, aside from Crime & Punishment, which was taken directly from real life courtrooms, those being interrogated seem to forget about their right to a lawyer (or they're completely oblivious to their legal advice). Although it's fun to play detective along with the television, as you're supposed to in this particular series, it all seems so crazy compared to the actual process. In contrast to my previous comments, I love the show. It's fiction and I accept it as that. The two, main characters, being Erbe's Det. Eames and D'Onofrio's Det. Goren, are fun and witty. The writers somehow manage to create ongoing subplots, especially involving Goren's familial life. As in other crime dramas, it keeps you thinking but always has that twist that makes you slap your forehead at the end. It has its ups and downs, but I believe it to be a great addition to Dick Wolf's franchise.
D'Onofrio a dud
digidoc10 November 2002
Perhaps I'm jealous of the incredible intelligence of the character Detective Goren on Law & Order: Criminal Intent, but can any character be this brilliant!?!? To consider this guy realistic is to suspend disbelief every week. Don't get me wrong, the show is brilliantly written, well-acted, and the plots are intriguing. I very much enjoy the show, and will continue to tune in. My problem is with D'Onofrio's portrayal of Detective Goren. D'Onofrio is a quality actor, judging from his other work, but in this case he takes the character over the top. Sadly, he takes his cue from the writing of a character whose breadth of knowledge is impossible. Goren is intimately acquainted with drug interactions that a pharmacist couldn't quote without a PDR handy. He frequently corrects the Medical Examiner and points out medical things that this M.D. fails to identify. He once quoted an obscure biblical passage chapter and verse. I weekly shake my head, one because of the ridiculous nature of the conclusion Goren draws from some tiny detail, and two because of the hilarious ability D'Onofrio has to deliver the lines with a straight face. The way he cocks his head while interrogating a suspect, or the stuttering pause when he's supposedly making a connection in his mind makes me laugh out loud. Shatner and Carrey would be proud of the demonstration of overacting. Give us a break. The only way a detective could draw the conclusions Goren does from the evidence is if he committed the crime. They expect us to believe that he somehow gets inside the criminal's mind? It simply doesn't happen.If this guy were a realistic portrayal of a cop, we would have no such thing as an unsolved case.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the "Law & order" I loved to watch.
vodopivec25 July 2006
After a while, I finally got annoyed with "Criminal Intent". The main character, Detective Robert Goren, is all-wise, all-knowing, can give a psychiatric diagnosis in an instant, finds clues right away, regularly breaks suspects when there is no evidence available, etc. All this with his "stuttering" approach that just looks like bad acting.

You can make one or two episodes as described above, but you just can't make all of them that way. Makes me feel I'm watching the same episode all over again.

The original Law & Order, and even SVU series always gave me impression of real events being behind the episodes. Not CI series. Stopped watching it.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Amazing Super Powered Detective Robert Goren
boah-222 May 2007
I have tried for weeks to sit and enjoy the show, but each time it falls short. Each show I am astounded at how reality is left behind.

I have boiled the problem down to one thing that creates so many other problem. The show is basically a vehicle for the main star, Vincent D'Onofrio. The problem is how they go about promoting him. Normally on crime shows there is a team of people working to solve a case; CSI, detectives, forensic pathologist, patrolmen etc. On this show Vincent does it all. Oh there are other people but anything important he has to do himself. Send a body to the morgue to be examined, not good enough. Run Vincent to the morgue, there will be something the forensic examiner missed and you can use your superhuman powers to find it! Going to a crime scene covered in cops, no problem for super Vincent! All the cops will miss any important evidence and Vinny will find it! So in an attempt to make him the focus and solver of all crimes they make the show laughable. Below are some actual things I have seen on this show.

1) In the episode Want starring Neal Patrick Harris, the forensic pathologist does her thing but missing something very small. The main character uses his supervision to see two tiny cuts on her bone that the pathologist then needs a microscope to see! I did not know Det. Robert Goren had super powers, if he has super vision maybe he can use heat rays and fly too! 2) In the episode Stray, the police officers question the suspects at the end of the show without the presence of council. When did this become part of the law? In fact I believe it is quite illegal and any information uncovered in this manor is inadmissible.

3) When lawyers are present, rarely do they say anything. One episode (Gemini) the lawyers pipes up 'wait we need to talk' to his client, but then says nothing and allows his client to speak. This is not at all rare on the program, in fact it is a running joke I love. How much will the lawyer actually help his client, usually it is nothing unless it lends itself to the implausible story line. One lawyer in the Gemini episode even told his client and I quote "It's all good". Where did he get his law degree? From Rasko's Chicken and Waffles? Is "All Good" a legal term, why didn't he just use the street term and tell his client "It's A to the G baby"? Sad indeed. The lawyers and their involvement in their clients case is minimal, it makes the story quite amusing.

4) How is that the main detective states his opinions as facts, which conveniently they end up being, and more conveniently his superiors issue warrants based on his opinions? One episode (Provada) the detective has an unnecessary warrant issued to lure the suspect into confessing. Does that really happen? Is that even legal? I'm sure busy New York judges have time to issue dummy warrants, maybe that's why the court systems are so clogged up. On the episode Want, they issued a warrant they knew was fake, even the DA knew. Perhaps they are taking advantage of the Patriot Act.

5) How does the detective get the suspects to distrust their friends and family based on his opinions? In the Gemini episode, a man turns on his own father, simply on the rantings of the detective. Would this ever happen? Why do the suspects continue to entertain the detective instead of telling him to 'go to hell and leave them alone'? If it was me and my dad I'd push that detective down a flight of stairs then take a steaming dump on his head.

6) How does one detective know every place in NYC? It's a big city, I live there, and I don't even know all the minute details that the detective knows. 'Remember the Chinese store with the golden sun on the outside; I remember how it was set up on the interior, with mirrors. Yes I also remember it closed down 12 years ago' (Reference to Stray episode). People remember the things on the walls from when they were 12? 7) How are major capital crimes solved in about 48 hours? Oh I know the convenient things that happen to let the detective know what's going on. The pillow on the couch for the father with sciatica (Provada) let him know the father was the suspect (my own mother has sciatica, why didn't he take an Advil before he went over, why didn't the pillow get moved back, why all of a sudden did he not want to kill his son), the girl her twisted her ankle (Stray) so she could easily be seen in Times Square (Not only that but the fact that a NYC subway attendant remember 2 people. First people in the booth never look up and second you don't even go to them for tokens, you get a metro-card from the machine.

The show is laughable at best. Every week he waves his hand at the accused and says, "These are not the droids you are looking for." Then the accused admits the crime!!!! Jedi mind trick to solve cases. This show is plagued by lazy writing, I guess that's why it's heading for basic cable (all premier episodes will air on the USA network)
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vincent D'Onofrio A Great TV Detective!!
NYUndercover27 December 2005
I first saw Vincent D'Onofrio portraying a GIANT COCKROACH (Men In Black) I thought to myself...wow that's an interesting concept!! A human being turned into an alien bug. But imagine my surprise when I saw Vincent's face, for the very first time in a commercial advertising Law & Order; CI. I just knew I had to see how a "cockroach" character could be taken seriously as a N.Y. crime detective. What a pleasant surprise! I fell head-over-heels in love with Mr. D'Onofrio's TV detective character. He's a brilliant combination of Sherlock Holmes and Columbo!! Frankly, he's the ONLY REASON I watch LOCI.

Would you believe, I've programmed my satellite to every station that airs LOCI. That means I can watch at least 3 episodes per evening. And on Sundays, I'm able to view at least 5 episodes of LOCI. If they ever considered reducing Vincent's appearances, I'll be greatl disappointed, why??? Every fan of LOCI knows that without Mr. D'Onofrio there really wouldn't be any need in watching the show!!

We believe that he also deserves to win an Emmy before the show's final curtain (?)

**Footnote: The comments above were posted several years ago. Unfortunately since then, I've changed my mind. The Detective Robert Goren of Seasons: 1 - 4, no longer exists. He's a mere shadow of his former glorious self, he has now faded into the background. Could it be the absence of Rene Balcer?? After all, it was Rene who created Criminal Intent, where he also served as exec producer and showrunner. The NBC drama was inspired by Dr. Park Dietz, a high profile forensic psychiatrist. Vincent D'Onofrio's character Detective Goren is loosely based on Dietz. I once enjoyed Law & Order:CI, but no more. And I think it's much too late for Mr. Leight to go back and capture what made this show what it was from the beginning! Great Entertainment.
23 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well, actually
moni27 August 2007
This show actually sucks. And it sucks because of the premise, because of the exploitation of the lower instincts left in the human body and mostly because of the all knowing detective genius Vincent D'Onofrio. In the real life, no one from the law enforcement agency has any possible right to abuse, yell and rant at the suspect without any proves. In the real world the cases are not so easily solved. In the real world, perverts and criminals are all around us but unfortunately, undeservedly, they do not acknowledge crimes as soon as someone wise ass from the police begins yelling at them. Not all suspects are psychologically abused maniacs who are on the edge of their nerves just as to allow some wise ass to smash them at the interrogation room. It is not real. After a few episodes it becomes perfectly clear that it is mr Wolf who has won (the money), not the audience. Cope with that.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Have Certainly Enjoyed The First Three Years
ccthemovieman-122 August 2007
I have watched the first three seasons of this show, and that's it. (I became spoiled with DVDs and refuse to watch a show anymore interrupted constantly by tons of commercials.)

Anyway, I saw the first and third seasons back-to-back and then waited a long time until the second season was released on disc. I'm still waiting for the fourth season. I'm not sure why the holdups all the time with these DVD releases. What's the deal?

For the most part, I very much enjoyed these first three seasons. I like Sherlock Holmes-type characters and Vincent D'Onofrio's "Det. Robert Goren" certainly exhibits the famous British detective's deductive powers. He's also a strange dude who has a unique way of usually getting the suspects to talk. I doubt in real life it would be that easy to verbally trapping these people into admitting their guilt but, hey, it's only a TV show and they have to wrap it all up in about 40-42 minutes.

Kathryn Erbe as "Det. Eames complements partner Goren just beautifully and when she was absent from the show for a short time, due to her pregnancy, she was missed. Her low-key sarcasm at times elicits a number of laughs, even from Goren at times. I also like their two bosses, played by Courtney B. Vance and Jamey Sheridan. Sometimes I wish those guys had more air time, as they are always interesting.

My only complaint with the shows is the political and cultural bias they show here and there, but they don't do it much, not nearly as often as the parent show.

I understand D'Onofrio is now just a part-time performer on this show and when I heard that a couple of years ago, I was disappointed. I'm sure all the other fans of this show were, too. I don't know how it's been worked out and if the show is any good anymore, but I'll buy the fourth season and find out....if it is ever released.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great when Chris Noth is on, dreadful with Vince D'Onofrio
michael@piston.net24 September 2006
It is really difficult to express too strongly that the entire problem with this series can be expressed in two words: Vince D'Onofrio. I'm not sure whether it is that the man is an exquisitely awful actor, or whether he is extraordinarily skilled at playing a truly repulsive character, but either way seeing his meaty face is sufficient grounds to change the channel. Particularly repulsive is his endless macho posturing, his sarcastic bullying and general pomposity. All of which would be forgivable if we were not invited by the program to view Donofrio's character as an admirable guardian of justice rather than the thuggish fool projected by his behavior. Equally annoying is the way he plays his role. Comparing his manic, tic filled overacting to the simple, clean, mannerism free performances of Chris Noth is sufficient to illustrate the difference between a man who plays a role, and one who simply performs. With Vince D'Onofrio I am constantly aware that I am watching an actor playing a role, and in an extremely annoying manner. With Chris Noth I am simply watching an individual whom I like and care about cope with the difficulties of his profession. Please CI producers, dump D'Onofrio and make Chris Noth the central character of this show.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gorens Character Going?
undura20002 January 2006
I have been watching law and order c.i for a little while now and i think that the show is just great. I read a comment about cutting down "Goren"'s time on the show. I really disapprove of this myself. That character is the only reason why i watch the show. I believe that he or his character makes the show what it is. Besides from being a devout loyal watcher of the show, this would break my heart. I love the way the char. moves and he talks. He is awesome, and a very important part of the show. There are very few t.v characters that pull me in the way "Goren" does. If this character leaves or takes time off of the show, than so will I. Does anyone else feel this way about his character? please respond. By the way the whole cast is just great, and the show needs to stay the way it is.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No matter how much I like Chris Noth (and I do, loved him in the original)...PLEASE I need my dose of Eames and Goren
viccin79 December 2005
What a huge letdown full of disappointment on top of sadness to not see these usual characters week to week. I hate the little dance also of what seems like switching around so as to make everyone have a fair amount of air time...

And you never know which 'couple' is going to be on. What is next, swapping partners? Spare me...give me what I want...the same Criminal Intent. Get Chris Noth and the other woman their own show...

YUCK. what made this show great was the directness of the completely no-nonsense characters. I loved them all...

I actually did not watch two episodes already, which is a very first for me...
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lame
ljbad29 August 2004
I'm writing this review out of sheer indignation - indignation which I would've guessed was long forgotten. See, I haven't actually watched this show recently - but somebody mentioned it to me earlier, and all of a sudden the ridiculous plotlines, inept acting and cartoonish characters came flooding back. So once again, I'm mad.

I actually like Vincent D'Onofrio a lot, and I think he and Kathryn Erbe make a good combination - but even they can't save this mess. It's a very inconsistent series, to be fair, and it does occasionally pull off a fascinating psychological study, which is, if not in the slightest bit believable, at least admirably crafted. But these exceptions are few and far between, and most of the time the show suffers from what must be some of the worst writing and acting on television. I like the original L&O -- though it hasn't really gotten it done for me in recent years -- and the first spinoff, "Special Victims Unit," is often very involving. But "Criminal Intent," for the most part, is just criminally bad.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Aussie Stud is a dud
BigRngFan26 July 2002
Vincent D'onofrio IS the most compelling actor currently appearing on commercial television. His mastery of this character with his self-created idiosyncrasies portends to be one of the best roles in television history. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great actors in great roles currently on TV, and the Law and Order series are some of television history's best. D'Onofrio's twitches, subtle innuendos and nuances along with the characters seemingly endless knowledge of "everything," but especially--studious attention to detail, captivate the audience, control the show, and often lead to an edge-of-the-seat-no-break-at-the-break conclusion to every episode. If you like drama, great acting, and suspense, maybe not always in plot, but in acting dialog, D'Onofrio and Law and Order CI should be watched, no matter what it takes--record it, switch shifts, quit your job. You'll be happy you did!
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
stay away
CazMcGovernMcKinnon18 May 2008
If it were possible I would give this television series a negative number out of ten- alas I cant. I can just save someone else from being put through the awful ordeal of watching this stupid, unrealistic, repetitive, pretentious, obnoxious show. It seems this show is a home to all of the bad actors in Hollywood who cant get any other jobs. The plots are always boring, and to complicated to be portrayed in an hour properly. Vincent Denoffrio is abysmal (however is Oscar worthy compared to that thing playing his partner. I cant believe people actually enjoy these two actors. They're just annoying and phony and unwatchable. just stay away, and hopefully this show will be taken off the air forever.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.