Johnny English (2003)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for comic nudity, some crude humor and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Johnny english shows an embarrassing video of him and shows him humping the air.
- A man's bare buttocks are seen.
- A man and a woman have a brief discussion about sex.
Violence & Gore
- A man fights himself, whilst pretending to fight an imaginary assailant. Played for laughs.
- Two men are shot at, they shoot back, a gas canister is thrown into the room and the bad guys escape in a car.
- Two men are shot at by men with automatic weapons.
- A bomb explodes in the background of a scene and we hear that many people were killed.
- A man swings from a rope and is shot at a few times.
- A man is grabbed by the ankles and falls to the floor (we see him later with a very bloody nose).
- A man is hit on the head with a bottle (he falls to the floor unconscious and we see a large bruise on his face),
- Two men are hit in the head with a fire extinguisher canister.
- A man is hit on the back of the head with a gun.
- A woman is accidentally shot by a dart (or bullet, it's unclear) and falls unconscious on the floor (we see her being taken away on a stretcher and later in a wheelchair).
- A group of armed men force their way into a residence, with guns drawn, and threaten a woman and her dog.
- A man and a woman are surrounded by armed men.
- A man shoves and yells at a man.
- People are held at gunpoint and threatened with guns in many scenes:
- A man is held with a gun to the back of his head, he twists around and pokes the man with the gun in the neck with a syringe ring and the man falls to the floor unconscious.
- A man is held by two men with guns, he pulls the guns together and uses them to knock the men out.
- A woman tries to hit a man a few times but she is blocked.
- 3 uses of ass (1 used with "hole"), 1 use of bastard, 1 use of "bugger", 2 uses of damn, 1 use of hell, & 11 Religious exclamations. Also, at the very end, a not fully enunciated F-word is used. (It cuts off right at the start of the credits).
- 1 not fully-enunciated F-Word (cut off by start of credits), 4 scatological terms (2 mild, 2 in French and not translated in subtitles, so it would be missed if one doesn't speak French), 10 anatomical terms (mild; ass, a**hole), 5 mild obscenites (hell, damn, bugger), 9 religious exclamations.
- Also, 1 use of bastard(s).
- A bit more language than most PG films today, but not too bad, considering it's from 2003..
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People are shown drinking alcohol at a ceremony and later at a party. However nobody seems drunk.
- A secret agent injects a man with truth serum, and later he injects another man (and then also himself, accidentally) with muscle relaxant. We see them being unable to speak normally, twitch and collapse a few times. Later the agent is yelled at by his superior for showing up "drugged" at the party. However all these scenes are mainly for laugh.
- A man is offered a glass of champagne, which he drops instantly. He is offered another one, he breaks the glass's leg, and then pours the champagne on a lady. (All these are the post effects of the muscle relaxant.)
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Not much, it's a comedy.
Violence & Gore
- A man attempts to kill Johnny English. He is shown pointing a gun at him, without his knowledge, but he is then kicked in the face by a woman. They fight with kicks and punches; the woman is shoved into a wall, falls to the floor, grabs the man's gun and shoves him into the wall knocking him unconscious. Later, the woman nearly shoots and kills Sauvage, but is stopped when Johnny English falls from the rope landing on Sauvage and knocking him to the floor.