Punch-Drunk Love (2002)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong language including a scene of sexual dialogue|
Sex & Nudity
- The main character calls a phone sex line in one scene. The conversation includes quick references to masturbation and of female genitalia. You also briefly see him masturbating from behind for several seconds (no nudity whatsoever) before the camera pans away. Scene is brief and non-explicit.
- No nudity, but there are some sexual innuendos.
- A man and a woman kiss passionately
Violence & Gore
- A man is punched square in the face by another.
- A car crashes. Blood can be seen dripping down from the woman's head and hair.
- A man beats three men with a tire iron, in a brief scene.
- A man breaks a few windows and destroys a bathroom.
- A few instances of men telling other men that they are going to kill them.
- 33 uses of "fuck" and multiple uses of "shit"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People consume alcohol socially.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The main character frequently has violent outbursts, which may be upsetting to some viewers.
- Jumpy car accident near the beginning of the film
- The main character is threatened, stalked, and beaten.