Road to Perdition (2002)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man is seen in a bathtub, he is naked but nothing is seen.
- Mild Dialogue nothing inappropriate is ever shown
- A man leaves a crime scene where he has stabbed a man. He mutters, "He raped my wife!" as the police escort him away.
- A prostitute is seen in a man's room, legs under a blanket, but dressed. He pays her and says goodbye.
Violence & Gore
- The protagonist shoots three men with a tommy gun (offscreen),
- A man shoots another man in the head. Smoke is seen in the gunshot wound.
- A man gets tied up towards the beginning of the movie
- The protagonist shoots a messenger in the head. The act is off screen but strongly implied.
- A villain has glass shards stuck in his face. No blood or gore is shown.
- A man shoots two men in the head. Bloody wounds are seen.
- A man is shot in the chest twice. Blood sprays on a window. A pool of blood is also seen briefly.
- A man is shot in the shoulder and later the bullet is removed. Some blood seen.
- A man is shot in the head with a shotgun offscreen
- The protagonist shoots down a crowd of men with a tommy gun. They fire back at him but one by one they fall down, peppered with bullets, smoke coming from the gunshots. The protagonist then kills their leader offscreen with heavy gunfire. This is an artistically filmed scene and there is no blood.
- Very little swearing
- 2 instances of "Christ," 6 of "Jesus," 9 instances of the 'f' word, 1 of "pussy," 1 of "dick," 2 of "shit," plus 3 each of "damn" and "ass."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man snorts opium from a dirty glass and remains high through the whole scene.
- Various people drink during and after a wake, including John and Michael. There, the brother of the deceased also mentions that his sibling was a "pain in the ass" when he got liquor inside him.
- Various characters smoke several times.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The ending may disturb some viewers.
- This is a very dark and emotional film and though most of the violence is offscreen, the subject matter is very emotional and disturbing. It deals with men who kill others in their life of crime knowing that when they die they will go to hell. The protagonist is not heroic in his executions but tries to save his son's soul by preventing him from killing.
- Jude Law's character is unpleasant and sinister.
- Some intense shootings.