The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 26 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sci-fi violence and brief sexual content|
Sex & Nudity
- A night club scene where there are several outfits related to the BSDM movement. In the foreground of the nightclub scene, a woman is shown pinching/twisting another woman's bare breasts while dancing (its dark so not so graphic) There are M/F, M/M & F/F couples dancing and "interacting" during this scene. It's about 4 seconds long.
- In the same scene in the background there is a leather outfit woman using a leather sex toy (long stick) to stroke another leather masked person (not clear if a M or F) genital area, the masked person is rocking backward and forward. (about 3 seconds long).
Violence & Gore
- The violence is bloodier and more brutal in this one.
- Three people enter a room with several people in it and they all begin shooting back and forth: rubble falls from the ceiling, walls crumble, people are hit and blood sprays, and one person is kicked and punched.
- A man holds a gun on three people, they chase him through a train station, he fires on them, and he jumps in front of a train (he is not hit).
- Three people fight with two other people exchanging punches and kicks, and one man is shot three times (we see bloody holes blow through the back of his clothes).
- A man stabs a woman in the chest with a scalpel and she falls dead on the floor with a bloody spot on her chest (we see the scalpel sticking out).
- Two women are chased by a machine called a Sentinel (it looks like a metallic octopus) and one is stabbed in the leg (blood spurts) and then through the back (graphic but lasts a millisecond) and she falls dead.
- One man is shoved off a high platform, and another man is slashed to death by Sentinels. We do not see this in detail, but it's clear what's going on and the mech he is in gets covered in blood (this is more scary than anything else). We also see his slashed face afterwards, not too graphic but disturbing to look at.
- A man grabs a woman around the throat and holds a scalpel to her throat, she throws him to the floor, and she kicks him repeatedly in the face (we see a very bloody face with a large open gash across his nose); he then hits her head against a wall, another man holds a gun on them, and the woman is shoved down a hatch.
- Two men fight, one man shoots at the other man, and one man burns the other man's eyes with an electrical cable throwing off sparks -- leaving the eye sockets scorched; we see reddened, blackened wounds.
- In a scene where humans are represented as made out of bright, orange light, one man knocks another man's head right off with a metal bar; we see the head exploding in a bright flash.
- When a man is "jacked into" (i.e. enters) the Matrix we see a probe being rammed into the back of his head.
- A flying craft crashes into a wall, and the passengers are shown unconscious: we see one person is impaled with metal rods (not graphic but we see the graphic aftermath) and we watch as this character dies.
- A man begins to glow from the inside, his flesh cracks as light shines through and he explodes into bits and then many other men experience the same fate and we see a large explosion.
- We see two men lying unconscious on hospital tables with monitors attached to their heads (they are apparently comatose) and one has many cuts on one arm.
- General mayhem including fighting with minimal blood and some explosions.
- Well over a dozen uses of GD. There is one supporting character who says it basically every time they speak.
- 13 uses of ''Shit'', 3 anatomical terms,
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The Oracle smokes a cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The tone is darker than the first two since everything is on the line this time, Agent Smith has literally taken over the world, and it shows the horrors of war (the war of zion) as well.
- Overall, this is a very violent and intense film. Most violent film of the trilogy.
- When the Oracle program is turned into a Smith clone, 'she' takes of her glasses and laughs hysterically, now in the form of a man. This might frighten young viewers.
- The final fight between Neo and Agent Smith is VERY intense and doomsday-like.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In one scene, Smith makes a maniacal laugh. This laughter is extremely blood-curdling and nightmare-inducing, and it's accompanied with chilling music and Smith makes frighteningly creepy facial expressions as he laughs. This scene is very unsettling.
- Neo dies at the end. Quite emotional and dramatic.