The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 34 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sci-fi violence and some sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- Neo and Trinity begin making out on the elevator talking about doing "it right there"
- During a dance scene, after Morpheus's speech, you can see women dancing briefly from a distance (a few have bare breasts). Women are seen in see through shirts up-close.
- During the dance scene, Neo and Trinity make love, they are seen moving back and forth. The full sides of their bodies are shown. We see the act from about midway to finish. Trinity makes some suggestive facial expressions. We can fully see Neo's buttocks for one shot. Not super graphic.
- It is implied a woman gave oral sex to a man stating that he had lipstick on "but she wasn't kissing your face".
Violence & Gore
- There is a lot of action violence that is occasionally bloody, but within a science fiction context, and is often highly stylized.
- A character jumps through a window breaking it, falls toward the ground below, and shoots up at someone following; one character has a bloody face, is hit in the chest by a bullet (blood appears and collects around the bullet hole), continues falling, crashes hard onto a car in the street and is presumably dead (we see this scene several times). The shooting is shown in slow-mo.
- A woman shoots a man in the head, blood spurts against the wall behind him and we see a bloody hole on his forehead.
- Many men shoot at two men as they run away, and another man is shot in the chest (we see bloody holes in his shirt and watch him die).
- A character has a bloody wound on the abdomen while in the Matrix, and another character reaches inside the character's body (the scene is in greenish computer code) and "pulls" out the bullet; the wounded character dies, but then the other character "reaches" back in (computer code) grabs the heart and starts it again.
- A woman shoots a man's arm repeatedly and it is quite bloody. (The man isn't permanently injured and doesn't feel any pain as he's a computer program.)
- A man falls onto a metal walkway and is killed, another is pierced by a metal shard, blood splatters and trickles on a computer screen and we see him with a large bloodstain on his shirt.
- Some lengthy fight scenes that include some minimal blood; an extended car chase with a lot of cars being crashed and a huge explosion of two frontally colliding trucks and the end.
- A man goes into a coma.
- A man cuts his hand with a knife. We see some blood.
- People have metal plugs on their bodies and we sometimes see metal rods pushed into the plugs in the back of their heads.
- Some other general mayhem including explosions and fighting.
- 'Godd*mn' is said twice.
- 'H*ll' is said four times.
- 'Oh my God' is said twice.
- 'P*ssy' is almost said once, but is interrupted.
- 'P*ss' is said once.
- 'Sh*t' is said four times.
- In one scene, a person shown on many tv screens in the background can be heard saying 'f*ck' five times, 'sh*t' 16 times, and 'b*tch' said a few times. Difficult to hear.
- '*ss' is said three times.
- Some cursing in French by one character.
- 2 uses of the middle finger.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The Merovingian drinks wine.
- Some people smoke a hookah pipe.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The almost constant violence and many deaths throughout may be difficult for some viewers.
- The film takes place in a dystopian future, with the destruction of all human life as coming possibility.
- Many intense scenes are shown throughout the movie, such as car crashes, sword fighting, and many gun fights.
- "The twins" change form with a very spectacular CGI effect that may be particularly frightening with their appearance for some viewers.
- Trinity is repeatedly shown dying (in visions).
Sex & Nudity
- A woman eats a piece of cake which causes her to experience an orgasm. This is shown from close up in the digital green matrix form, so it is not explicit. Some people may even think she wants to use the bathroom.