Hearing that Clay is no longer in SAMCRO, Galindo storm the Real IRA gun meet to ensure Galen doesn't back out. However, a shootout ensues, and Galindo take the guns without paying, telling Jax the loss is on him. In retaliation, and determined to get his money, Galen kidnaps Wendy. After Nero gives Jax the money to get her released, a furious Wendy says she's going to the police, and will try to get full custody of Abel. Jax responds by shooting her up with heroin to make sure she doesn't go to the authorities. Elsewhere, Clay asks Galen if he can return with him to Belfast until things settle in Charming, and asks Gemma if she'll join him. When Gemma learns about Tara's job in Oregon, she makes a play to reassert herself in Jax's life, whilst Tara gets good news about her hand.
Did You Know?
Gemma makes a joke about being at the hospital for in-vitro counseling. When she guest starred on Shameless
(2011)"Shameless", she played a woman who has in-vitro fertilization. See more
The Blu-ray/DVD contains a 'Creator's Cut' version of this episode, which features eight minutes of additional footage:
- After Clay (Ron Perlman) and Gemma (Katey Sagal) discuss their imminent departure for Belfast, Clay leaves the offices of Teller-Morrow and looks around the lot. He heads over to Unser (Dayton Callie), and extends his hand, thanking him, and asking him to keep an eye on things. Unser shakes his hand and asks him if he's going somewhere. Clay says he is leaving for a short while to heal up. He walks away, but Unser calls him back and asks him if he was behind the Nomad attacks. Clay nods, and apologizes, then heads over to his car.
- After SAMCRO and Nero (Jimmy Smits) arrange to disrupt Dante (Ramon Fernandez)'s dog fighting ring, Jax (Charlie Hunnam) nods at Chibs (Tommy Flanagan), who punches Fiasco (Reynaldo Gallegos). Arcadio (Dave Navarro) steps forward to intervene, but Nero holds him back. Jax helps Fiasco to his feet, and tells him, "that's for trying to steal our guns." Nero asks Fiasco "we good here?" and Fiasco says they are.
- After abducting Dante from the dog fight, Jax and Nero thank Alvarez (Emilio Rivera) for helping them out. Alvarez asks what Nero is going to do with Dante, and Nero says he's going to give him a ride out of town. They then approach a one of the shops Dante was extorting see the Mayans and the Byz-Lats have made him wear a pink dress, and put him on a rocking horse. However, they have run out of quarters. As everyone laughs, Jax turns around and sees Tig (Kim Coates) kiss the dog they took from the fighting ring on the head.
- Immediately after the above scene, Gemma arrives at St. Thomas looking for Tara (Maggie Siff). She encounters Margaret (McNally Sagal), who tells her Tara has gone out for lunch. Gemma says the practice in Oregon was trying to get hold of her, and Margaret expresses surprise that Gemma knows about the new job. Gemma says of course she knows, and says the timing isn't great for Jax, although the move should be good for the family. Margaret says to tell Jax that if Tara doesn't take the job now, it'll be offered to someone else, as there were a lot of candidates. Gemma smiles, and says she'll let him know, before walking away.
- The scene where Tara and Jax discuss her hand ends differently in the extended version than in the broadcast version. In the TV version, the scene ends on a close-up of Tara. In the extended version, it ends with Chibs knocking on the window, and indicating to Jax he needs him outside. Jax heads out to find the Gang Task Force pulling into the lot in trucks, led by Roosevelt (Rockmond Dunbar). Jax asks him what's going on, and Roosevelt says he's fulfilling his promise; SAMCRO have been classified as a gang, dangerous to the community at large, and as such, members are no longer allowed to wear their cuts in public or congregate together. Jax pulls him aside, and asks what happened to their understanding. Roosevelt says their agreement became null and void when he heard Clay was skipping town. Jax asks who told him about Clay, but Roosevelt says it doesn't matter, because it's the truth. Jax asks for Roosevelt to give him until the end of the day to sort things out, telling him if he's not happy then, he can keep the Task Force in the lot. Roosevelt asks what's happening today, and Jax says, "Nothing if they're up my ass." Jax points out that he kept his promise not to kill Juice, and Roosevelt tells him he has until the end of the day. He then tells the Task Force to pull out. Chibs, Tig and Bobby (Mark Boone Junior) approach Jax and ask what's going on. He tells them it's handled, and for them to wait in the club house for him. Bobby asks who he thinks he's talking to, but Jax ignores him.
- Immediately after the above scene, and right before Unser gives Jax the information about Lee Toric (Donal Logue), Jax says that Roosevelt is annoyed about Clay leaving town, and asks how Roosevelt could have known. Unser suggests, "it's a small town", but Jax posits "big mouths."
- After Jax tells Bobby and Chibs that he and Tig are heading to deal with the dog breeder, Bobby asks where Happy (David Labrava) is, and Jax tells him that until the gang task force problem is resolved, they shouldn't ride more than two at a time.
- When Jax rings Roosevelt at the scene of Pope's murder, some dialogue has been cut from the extended version; Jax says "Just working towards that common goal", to which Roosevelt replies "which one?"
- After Tara signs the forms for Lowen, Lowen (Robin Weigert) tells Tara that she can confide in her if she needs to, but Tara says she is fine. Lowen says she will head to Stockton the next day, and asks Tara to let her know when Jax signs.
- When Roosevelt arrives to arrest Tara, Jax asks him if they are okay, and he says they are, that he has "sent the army home."
To Sir With Love
Written by Don Black
and Mark London
Performed by Curtis Stigers & The Forest Rangers
Sung by Katey Sagal See more