- Audrey and Joseph sitting in the hospital waiting room, awaiting information about if David survived. She tries to cheer him up by buying him all the sugary foods and drink he usually can't have.
- A scene showing TV footage of the wreck, while through the cracked open door we see someone in the shower. The scene cuts into the shower and we see David crying.
- Elijah at age 7 goes to the fair and gets on a spinning teacup ride. He uses two stuffed animals to hold himself in place, and wraps his jacket along the lap bar. Eventully, the animals and jacket fall off the ride as his mother watches in horror. He then goes swinging from side to side breaking his bones.
- After the wake, David sees a priest about his survival. The priest sets his priesthood aside to tell David that it was nothing but luck, and how he had a nephew on that train that died. He also tells of other tragedies he had, and that if David was looking for some kind of miracle answer, he won't find it from him.
- Audrey calls David pretending it's their first meeting and asks him to dinner. They go out and talk, when one of Audrey's friends comes in and says how David is cute and what kind of lawyer he is. The friend realizes that shouldn't have been said, and leaves while David becomes a bit upset.
- David checking on Joseph to make sure he is sleeping okay.
- Elijah is taken away by doctors after talking to Audrey.
- David goes to the locker room at the stadium to lift more weights and lifts around 500 pounds. When he gets up, he sees the entire football team watching in awe.