Based on the phenomenally successful role-playing game, Dungeons & Dragons 2 takes you deeper into the dark and fantastical world of this fantasy epic. When the evil sorcerer Damodar braves... See full summary »
Two thousand years ago, Nhagruul the Foul, a sorcerer who reveled in corrupting the innocent and the spread of despair, neared the end of his mortal days and was dismayed. Consumed by ... See full summary »
When a teenager, Chun-Li witnesses the kidnapping of her father by wealthy crime lord M. Bison. When she grows up, she goes into a quest for vengeance and becomes the famous crime-fighter of the Street Fighter universe.
Michael Clarke Duncan
The Empire of Izmer has long been a divided land. The Mages - an elite group of magic-users - rule whilst the lowly commoners are powerless. Izmer's young Empress, Savina, wants equality and prosperity for all, but the evil Mage Profion is plotting to depose her and establish his own rule. The Empress possesses a scepter which controls Izmer's Golden Dragons. To challenge her rule, Profion must have the scepter, and tricks the Council of Mages into believing Savina is unfit to hold it. Knowing that Profion will bring death and destruction to Izmer, Savina must find the legendary Rod of Savrille, a mythical rod that has the power to control Red Dragons, a species even mightier than the Gold. Enter two thieves, Ridley and Snails, who unwittingly become instrumental in Savina's search for the Rod. Joined by a feisty Dwarf named Elwood, and helped by the Empress's expert tracker, the Elf Norda, the young heroes go in search of the Rod of Savrille. From the deadly maze of the Thieves Guild...Written by
Wizards of the Coast
The size/colour/shape of Ridley's wound changes between shots while he talks with Marina at the Tree Of Life. See more »
She must've put some kinda holding spell into that bracelet.
Yeah, must be the only way she can get guys to come home with her.
I'd have to put a feeble mind spell on myself to want to take *you* home.
That was funny.
You're going to the city dungeon.
See more »
No dragons or other animals were hurt or injured during the filming of this motion picture. See more »
Some sound reductions were made for the UK cinema version to reduce the impact of violence and bring the rating down to a "12". An uncut "15" rating was available to the distributor (Entertainment Film Distributors).
UK video and DVD versions have the cuts restored because the sound effects were found to be "less disturbing on the small screen" (according to the British Board of Film Classification). See more »
If there hadn't been a "Battlefield Earth", this movie probably would have gotten my vote for worst movie of 2000. The only way it is (slightly) better than that movie is the (very) occasional good set or effect.
I could write for hours about what's wrong with this movie, but this is what comes to mind immediately
(1) The horrible acting. I honestly can't understand why someone so talented as Jeremy Irons would be going so over the top. It's clear, however, that he isn't enjoying himself in the movie, so maybe he's getting revenge against the movie by acting so terribly
The most annoying performance goes to Marlon Wayans. His shrieking, cowardly character uncomfortably brings up images of stereotypes from the 1930s. At least he doesn't say "Feet, do your stuff!" - though he sure comes close.
(2) The bright, glitterly look of every scene. When you think of sword and sorcery, I think we all think of things rough and with grit. Not here.
(3) The movie constantly rips off from other (better) movies, most notably from the four STAR WARS movies
(4) The characters. Why the hell were the dwarf and elf in this movie? They could easily have been written out without consequence. And the main thief hero is one of the blandest heroes I've ever seen in the movie.
(5) Virtually all the special effects, sets etc. are AWFUL. Sometimes they look even worse than those seen on the Xena and Hercules shows! (Though those two shows at least have the excuse of having lower budgets - and they make up for the cheap effects by having better scripts, characters, and acting!)
(6) And speaking of scripts...thos script is terrible! Mainly it's because the story itself hardly makes any sense!
74 of 106 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this