Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 45 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sci-fi action violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and woman hug and kiss while consoling each other.
- A man flirts with a woman, touches her shoulders, caresses her cheek and they nearly kiss.
- A woman wears a tank top throughout the movie.
- We see X-ray-like scans of three men, outlining their bodies.
- A woman opens her jacket revealing a bit of her chest.
- A phantom's tentacles wrap around a woman and at one point it seems as if it is touching her crotch (this scene is hard to decipher).
Violence & Gore
- There are several attacks on humans by "phantoms": these are alien ghostly creatures that range in size; some look like squids, some like snakes with big sharp teeth, and others are nondescript forms; all phantoms can kill a human with one blow, and when a human is killed by a phantom it appears that the phantom pushes out a blue glow shaped like the human -- presumably his spirit -- and the human body is now lifeless.
- A man is killed by a phantom and his blue glow is crunched by the phantom's big teeth.
- A woman is surrounded by phantoms and she is killed.
- A phantom appears behind a man and he is killed, a phantom appears beneath a man in a car, and he is killed.
- A man is killed by a phantom and falls from a cliff into a glowing blue pit.
- A phantom is shot and it explodes into multicolored goo.
- A woman is shot in the chest; she is wearing a metal plate which catches the bullet.
- We see a room full of dead human bodies after a phantom attack.
- A swarm of phantoms attack a city, bluing many people; people run and scream in fear.
- A ship is hit by a phantom and it crashes into a platform sending people screaming and running.
- A woman and a group of soldiers are attacked by phantoms and the humans fire weapons killing some (they scream, growl and disintegrate when they are hit).
- A soldier shoots at a phantom and hits a barrel of flammable material that explodes and throws him to the ground.
- A man nearly falls into a pit full of phantoms.
- A huge ship gears up to shoot a cannon at a crater on a planet's surface (we hear lots of heavy doomsday music): when the cannon is fired it disintegrates a lot of phantoms.
- An enormous phantom knocks a man and woman in a rover loose from the tethers attaching them to a flying ship and they crash to the planet's surface (the man is wounded and we see some blood on his head).
- We hear a discussion about a man having been infected by a phantom and needing treatment: we see the man lying on a hospital table and he is shot in the chest several times (he jerks a bit) with a laser which tries to kill the alien that's presumably inside him.
- There is a tense scene where a ship full of people flies through a tight cavern of rubble trying to evade phantoms.
- A car with soldiers drives recklessly to avoid a phantom and it crashes, injuring a man and trapping him in the vehicle.
- A man holds a loaded gun to his head.
- A couple of soldiers have a fist fight and one is knocked unconscious.
- There are several dream sequences, each giving more detail about the scene: the dreams are of a woman standing on an alien planet, a stampede of metal clad soldiers runs toward her, firing weapons over her head and all around her.
- The planet begins to shake and rumble, a wave of fire burns and melts everything in sight and there's eventually a huge explosion, throwing a chunk of the planet hurtling into space.
- There are large explosions in a city when it is attacked by phantoms, and a large ship explodes in space.
- A man dangles from the hatch of a ship as it lifts off.
- We see several cities in rubble, after a war with the phantoms, including human skeletons, crumbled buildings and overturned cars.
- A woman holds a dead man in her lap.
- A woman steps on a scorpion-like creature and we hear it crunch.
- A woman holds her chest several times reacting in pain.
- A woman opens her jacket revealing a metal implant and a hologram of an alien being is projected.
- A woman relates a story of a little girl who dies, a man talks about his father having been killed, and another man talks about his wife and child having been killed.
- Soldiers are transported to a planet's surface by a green plasma-like beam.
- There are several discussions about firing a cannon at a meteor in order to destroy the alien beings.
- A man gets an injection in the neck a couple of times.
- 1 scatological term, 15 mild profanities and 3 religious exclamations.
- Name calling (son of a bitch, but the "bitch" part is cut off by gun fire.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- General Hein is seen putting down a glass of liquor on his desk while talking to a soldier.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The many sights of the various ghost-like alien beings (some large, some small and many of them appearing monstrous and/or menacing) could be unsettling or scary to younger viewers (particularly when they pursue and/or kill humans).
- Aki tells Gray a rather upsetting story about how one of the spirits was a terminally-ill little girl.
- A character attempts suicide by putting a gun to his head, but he changes his mind and immediately stops.