Intimate interviews by Garth Brooks as well as his band and crew are placed throughout the concert scenes that were filmed in Dallas, Texas. This video contains live performances of 15 of Garth's greatest songs, including the debut of the third verse of "Friends In Low Places."
Did You Know?
When released on DVD in 2006, several changes were made, most prominently, "What She's Doing Now" & "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" are removed. Among the other changes:
- An opening speech from Garth making fun of country music stereotypes, which was in the original broadcast & cut from the VHS release, is reinstated.
- The title sequence is restored to the way it appeared in the original broadcast, with the title appearing as the camera zooms in on the stage; the VHS showed the title appearing much earlier.
- Garth's first interview, after "Rodeo", is edited to remove all references to his ex-wife Sandy.
- The background music for Betsy's first interview, after "Two Of A Kind", is changed from "Mr. Blue" to "Friends In Low Places".
- The original version showed footage of Garth signing autographs, with Sandy at his side, while Betsy talks about his "thunder thighs". The DVD replaces this with footage of him singing "If Tommorow Never Comes" from later in the special, while the dialog remains.
- Garth's spoken intro to "We Bury The Hatchet" is removed.
- In Garth's interview about his musical influences, right before "Much Too Young", the background music is changed from "In Lonesome Dove" to "The Thunder Rolls".
- The interviews between "If Tommorow Never Comes" & "Shameless" are severely edited.
- All of Sandy's interviews are removed.
- The end credit music is changed from "In Lonesome Dove" to "The Dance"
Friends In Low Places
Written by DeWayne Blackwell
(as Dwayne Blackwell) and Earl Bud Lee
(as Bud Lee)
Performed by Garth Brooks See more