Behind the Music (1997–2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
- This is a documentary series so nothing explicit is depicted. Controversial photos/experiences/etc. are mentioned and talked about, however nothing is shown on screen. However, some of this material being discussed (sex tapes, affairs, etc.) should be approached with caution if you have younger viewers in the home.
Violence & Gore
- Again, nothing explicit is shown or depicted on screen. However violent situations are often discussed (fights the band members might have had, accidents they may have gotten into, injuries they may have incurred, etc.)
- Mostly mild "TV-14" content. The most profane of swear words are bleeped. If your kids watch things like the Simpsons and Family guy, they hear worse language than they will hear in your standard Behind the Music episode.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- These vices were big pants in the lives of many of the musicians who lived the stories and are often discussed in detail. Many artists/bands/etc. have had these things as part of their life experiences, with a great many bands having had a member die from overdosing/abusing them. These activities are not glorified, and the horrors that have resulted from them are discussed and made to sound very real, due to the negative impact they often have.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many of the bands/artists have gone through very frightening situations, including hospitalization and near death experience. Some of these bands HAVE had members die. This show does not "sugar coat" the facts.