Will & Grace (TV Series 1998– ) Poster

(1998– )

I've grown up with this show!
applenia882 November 2010
Will & Grace represents the essence of my teens. I've been watching that show over and over and I've never got bored. Even now I can see the same episode like fifteen times it will make me laugh as if it was the first. The subject was very delicate when they first aired on TV. Homosexuality wasn't and still, alas, isn't something to talk about in television...of course I'm talking about my country. I hope that in America things are becoming different. Anyway.....The writing is exceptional and the cast is flawless. Sean Hayes (simply spectacular) sometimes brings me to tears for laughing and Mullally's performances are beyond acting...I can't even look at her anymore without seeing Karen Walker! Eric McCormack is the perfect Will. It's such a difficult character...the thread of the story actually, always keeping everything together. And my total admiration goes to Debra Messing. I knew her in other series (prey was great!) and movies, and she's a very good actress...but Grace is just a masterpiece! All messy and sooo gross! But still tender and full of love and true... I highly recommend this sitcom to those who accidentally didn't get the chance to see it....It's part of television history now! Two thumbs up!
34 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good show!
emily_168 February 2003
I like this show and do you know what? I'm reading some of these comments and they are being way too picky, because though Jack's character is stereotypical, and Will never has a boyfriend, I think it's a show that makes you laugh, and that's what it has set out to do. Don't analyze it. It's a comedy with a great script and great actors. Karen and Jack are great, but Debra Messing and Eric McCormack do a wonderful job too, and what I like about Debra is that she is her, and probably won't change that. Most stars who are flat would have huge plastic knockers by now, but she takes pride in her chest! Good for her! Watch it. It's funny, and you'll find yourself wrapped up in the friendships, romances and Jack. Just Jack!
51 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show, great cast, great writing
metalgoth25 January 2002
Will & Grace is a great show and will continue to be so even after its gay theme loses its novelty. The writing is usually great, sometimes exceptional, the hour long flashback episode was the best thing I saw in the 2000/2001 TV season. But I would credit the cast most of all. Eric McCormack is (comparatively) subtle and nuanced as Will, Megan Mullally bizarre and sharp as Karen, but I reserve my highest praise for Debra Messing and Sean Hayes. Hayes' Jack is endlessly energetic, always plotting, and watching Hayes' performance is like watching a Van Halen guitar solo, almost too fast to follow but every note perfect. Debra Messing's Grace seems to be the character that everything happens to, and you can see every bit of it on her face. Her bio tells of her extensive arts education, and it shows. If there's ever been another Lucille Ball, it would have to be Debra Messing. Will & Grace has all the necessary sitcom ingredients: interesting situations, hilarious comedy, and characters you care about.
71 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Classic Sit-Com Who Broke Grounds,but Lost its Touch Along the Way.
nycritic22 April 2005
Who would have thought that a show with not one, but two gay leads would hit the TVs across America and ensure its place among must-see TV Thursdays (albeit being shown Tuesdays in its first season and eventually displacing FRASIER) while also garnering critical reviews and numerous Emmys? WILL AND GRACE came and un-intentionally filled the void that ELLEN and her gay oriented sitcom left, keeping the sexuality quietly placed in the background while focusing on the quartet's dysfunctional and often crazy antics (except for some truly clever in-jokes that only gay men and women could catch). Fast moving dialogue, truly innovative slapstick and a balanced out cast created one of the best shows in the last five years, one that had an interesting DICK VAN DYKE SHOW feel, and even if the first season was a little bit clunky at times and some of the comedic situations seemed clearly forced for laughs, it worked.

Lately the show has taken something of a dip in quality. Season 5 reached an early peak in November sweeps with Grace's marriage to Leo Markus, and trying to establish a long term relationship with Will and Barry proved fruitless as it was truly unfunny. Season 6 proved dismal in many ways, from the writing which was not delivering good jokes, to Debra Messing's forced absence due to her pregnancy which took the balance out of the story lines, to Jack and Karen's essences being dumbed down to make them look more like morons in search for a quick laugh, to situations which seemed repetitive and even unfocused. Then Season 7's dismal beginning, with episodes featuring Jennifer Lopez and Janet Jackson essentially doing nothing to bring any comedy to the sitcom questioned would the series be canceled sooner than not, but lately it has been getting back on track, putting the mega-guest stars aside for some actual comedy. Characters are a little more defined, less cartoonish, and situations don't seem as tiredly funny as they were during the aforementioned slump, and whether the show goes on for another season or two I hope that it will go back to how it began, with frenzied humor and sharp lines which was how it got its trademark. It is still a great show and one that deserves the best presentation NBC has to offer.
69 out of 101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
truly odd couple
bigwig_thalyi4 January 2006
Once a perfect couple,will and grace, shared a flat and they had two best friends,neurotic Jack and filthy rich Karen,but this perfect couple have one problem,Grace is straight and will is gay. This is the premise for what i think is the funniest US to Uk sitcom import on our TV screens at the moment. This is basically a comedy about a search for love and the complications involved. Personally i think the main laughs come from my two favourite character,jack,Sean Hayes,and Karen,Megan Mullally.The two characters have perfect chemistry.Sean Hayes may play his gay character stereotypically but that makes him very funny and Megan mull ally has her rich character down to a tee. The series has a lot of big guest stars including Matt Damon who plays a straight man pretending to be gay so he can join jacks gay choir. The only slight problem is that some of the jokes are about American themes and may not be understood by a British audience but apart from that this is a cracker of a comedy. for this reason,American themes, i give this sitcom 9/10
22 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny, but needs a bit of a facelift.
JohnnyOldSoul1 November 2004
OK, I feel like a bit of a traitor not totally gushing over every aspect of the show, as it has brought me a LOT of laughs over the years, but something seems to have gone amiss, but it's not too late to turn around.

When the show started, I was still upset about the cancellation of "Ellen" and didn't watch, but when I did I was HOOKED IMMEDIATELY! It was fresh, well-acted and written. Due to work commitments, I have to rely on syndication to watch it and it wasn't until recently that I got to see more recent episodes.

Probably the best episode of the first season was "Will Works Out" where Will is terrified that one of his clients would find out he was gay, and his own internal homophobia shone through when he called Jack a "fag." Jack's line "I'd rather be a fag than afraid." was amazing.

One of the show's strengths was that the cattiness was only on the surface and it really showed that these characters were vulnerable and loved each other. But, lately, the comedy has just become, well, mean.

This show is still great and has a lot of potential, I just wish the characters would be allowed to be human again. The episode where Karen gets rejected by that player restaurant manager (Andy Garcia, I think, but don't quote me on that), was a turning point for her character. We really saw that all Karen's mean-spirited barbs were just bravura to cover her insecurity. She and the recently-married Grace had a great moment at the end. Classic.

Lately, the characters have become somewhat one-note, but this can change. If this show is going to survive (which I REALLY hope it does) the lovability of these characters needs resurrection.

Kudos to the amazing cast, brilliant writers and directors. Also, Shelley Morrison (I hope I spelled that right) deserves note, she is very funny as Karen's somewhat frightening maid/henchwoman Rosario.

To all concerned, please bring "Will and Grace" back to it's former glory. You've created a gem...it just needs a bit of polishing.
49 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
New series way too political
rcatvdvok30 September 2017
As said by many others but thought I'd check it out, turns out they were all right this was way too political. Seriously guys you thought this political garbage is what we want to see all the time? I don't know about you but I watch TV to take stress off and get away from all we hear and see during the day. Sorry but unless NBC comes out and says we are getting back to the older shows I will never watch this series again.
35 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not what I was hoping for.
sgtuniforms14 October 2017
Being a HUGH fan of the original series, I had high hopes for the new episodes. Unfortunately I am VERY disappointed! Instead of growing the characters personalities, it's like warmed up leftovers of the original. I looked forward to Will and possibly Jack being in relationships and still being great friends. Instead I got the same OLD plots, actions and relationships. I feel it is a lost opportunity that could have showed how real gay men in committed relationships act and interrelate. Now it's just sad.
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ten years on
jbonde-2391129 September 2017
I just watched the first episode of the new 2017 season, season 9, I was a little disappointed with it. It's like the writers are trying a bit too hard to rekindle their past glory. The canned laughter seemed to be added at moments that just weren't funny. I hope that it will improve with time, but the first episode just didn't hit the mark in my opinion.
19 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Truly disappointed...
jge-0694229 October 2017
I was really excited to hear about Will & Grace come back, I even binge watched the previous seasons and loved it. However this new season is quite a disappointment. They just erased half of the story and pretended that the end of season 8 never happened. Grace divorced Leo, Stan is still with Karen and Jack stopped talking to his son. Grace and Wills' respective children were marrying to each other by the end of season 8, now they just don't exist, their lives is still the same as always 10 years after, which is ridiculous and this show became a political backlash, which is quite boring. This was supposed to be fun and it isn't at all...not anymore...I'm not watching it again.
25 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too Political . . .
xzero530 September 2017
I enjoyed the first incarnation of this show. However, the first episode of the new season/series,for me,was way too political. I watch sitcoms to take a break from the real world,if only for a short time. If the show continues to beat me over the head with it's political agenda I will have to end my viewership.
19 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No longer fun, just Left wing Hollywood going one liners.
bhoundproductions3 November 2017
I remember when this show came out. It was different with chemistry between the actors. Over time it got a little over the top with it's Gay characters hitting every stereotype to the max. Naturally the show came to an end after extinguishing every plot line imaginable for a 22 min sitcom. And that was okay.

But Now 11 years later they bring it back, only to wish away the last 11 years. Did they freshen it up? NOPE they just went into a tailspin of Trump bashing one liners. To the point you can't even call then jokes. Just "drive by" Gay Stereotypes and overdone president bashing.

If you were a fan before, re-watch the old episodes. And if you the Other half of the country tell the producers how much you don't care for their political "humor" by taking your business elsewhere.
20 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too much politics for a comedy
cherylshaer10 October 2017
Will and Grace was a childhood favorite of mine. I was looking forward to its comeback. Will and Graces hatred for Trump triumphed the whole show. Everyone bashes Trump. I turn to my favorite comedy citcoms to get away from politics. If I wanted a show about politics I would put on CNN/MSNBC/FOXnews.

Unfortunately, I took this show off my DVR list after the first episode.

On a side note, I am very disgusted and disappointed in Debra Messing and Eric McCormack in their public lack of respect for the elected leader of our country. I am not Trumps biggest fan either, but there is a level of respect needed for the leaders of our country whether we approve of them of not. Very classless
34 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Know I Cry Because I Used to Love You Before I Hated You
jupton-962446 October 2017
Episode 1 was proof of lazy writers. It's easy to imagine the cast as being out of work actors rehashing the good ol' times with scripts found in their closets. Those times are gone.

They found more than one script in the closet. Episode 2 was more of the first eight seasons with old, tired and unevolved characters played by actors using the postal service.

I wanted so much to love Will & Grace, but it's become won't and graceless. That's an awful pun, but better than the show.

Sadly, this show has proved you can't go home.
26 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A great cast, perfect chemistry, smart writing and a classical style, "Grace" is a flawed sitcom juggernaut
liquidcelluloid-127 May 2006
Network: NBC; Genre: Sitcom; Content Rating: TV-14 (for strong language and strong sexual dialog); Available: Syndication and DVD; Perspective: Classic (star range: 1 - 5);

Season Reviewed: Complete Series (8 seasons)

On the surface "Will & Grace" will seem like just another shallow, sex-based studio-audience sitcom, and beneath that it is -in fact - just another shallow, sex-based studio-audience sitcom. But David Kohan and Max Mutchnick have put together a sitcom with all the elements of a classic screwball comedy, given it a modern attitude and a tad of bite that the genre is starving for since the departure of "Seinfeld". In the network sitcom machine, they have proved to be light-years ahead of the hacks.

"Grace" makes a favorable comparison to "Seinfeld". It features a tight-nit cast of distinctly different friends, all of them vain and narcissistic to the point that the world outside their own social life is expendable. They include long-time best friends lawyer Will Truman (Eric McCormack) and designer Grace Adler (Debra Messing, "Seinfeld"), her obscenely wealthy, pill-popping, gin-swilling assistant Karen Walker (Megan Mullally) and flamboyant man-child and would-be actor Jack McFarlane (Sean Hayes). McCormack plays Will as one of the funniest straight-men in recent TV history, the height of irony since Will and out-and-proud Jack are gay, which in network execu-speak makes "Will & Grace" "gay-themed". Grace is straight and ties her happiness to her success or failure in relationships with men and Karen is whatever she wants.

"Just Jack" Hayes writes himself a ticket to chew up the screen and has an impeccable gift for slapstick, but without a doubt the breakout star of the series is Megan Mullally who makes Karen Walker into one of the best supporting characters in TV history. Always by her side is Rosario (Shelley Morrison). Like the Toto to Karen's Princess Centimillia, Rosario is the funniest human prop in recent TV memory. Whatever is going on in the scene just wheel in Rosario, let Karen demean her and it's almost a free laugh from me every time.

So you could talk about "Grace" as a sitcom or as a work of Hollywood social conditioning. In a usually mindless genre, Kohan and Mutchnick looked into their crystal ball and jumped out in front of the impending rise in gay-themed shows based in a politically correct agenda that would crest while this one was one the air, and ultimately have the most debatable and divisive sitcom to come along in quite a while. An achievement, to say the least. Time was good to "Will & Grace" and as the rest of TV caught up with it, it took a step further. A culturally aware satire, with a great ability to take topical current event hot buttons and turn them into a spry one-liner that smashes pulp in the faces of everyone who expects to hear it make a point. Whether "Grace's" technique of simultaneously admitting and challenging broad gay stereotypes speaks well for its audience is highly debatable and something I don't feel qualified to answer.

The real truth is that "Will & Grace" is an opposite sex platonic love story masquerading as the more network-acceptable gay-themed sitcom. Because any network, particularly NBC, would mandate that Will and Grace "got together" in any other scenario, Kohan and Mutchnick made Will and Jack gay and effectively removed that potential problem to their platonic love story, between Will and Grace as well as an adorably co-dependent relationship between Jack and Karen.

I've changed my stance on "Will & Grace" over the years. Maybe it was the consistently great performance and active vocal lobbying amid the reality invasion from McCormack, maybe it was the degrading rate of every sitcom around it that, but the show won me back after suffering a long drought in the middle of the series. During that drought the show made some head-scratching choices, taking the show into melodramatic territory. The series picked up the "never-be-alone" TV mandate and made Grace as miserable as possible trying to find a man, from an insufferable arc with Woody Harrelson to the addition of the comically anemic Harry Connick Jr. as Grace's white knight globe-trotting doctor husband. In the last 2 seasons, (and with the help of Alec Baldwin guesting as Will's insane new boss) the show pulled itself back out to its former glory.

Baldwin would be one in a handful of big celebrity guest stars that would come through the "Will & Grace" universe over the years. For all of its crude sex jokes, "Grace" recalls a classically styled sitcom in the way its characters will interact with the stars of today playing themselves in the same way Lucille Ball used to interact with Bob Hope on "I Love Lucy". Highlights include Jack meeting his idol Cher and Parker Posey hitting on Will and low-points involving a slap fight with Jennifer Lopez and Michael Douglas embarrassing himself in a character role as a gay cop. The show also went to the wall with gutsy "live" shows and slapstick that most TV isn't limber enough to go for.

Yes, some of the jokes were as subtle as a javelin in the eye and the characters skirted dangerously close to being one-note. But the writing is whip smart and doused with terrific pop culture references and a phenomenal cast glued together with everlasting chemistry catapulted it far ahead of most post-"Seinfeld" sitcoms. "Will & Grace" didn't re-invent the wheel, but played well within convention defying techniques of the classic sitcom. It broke some mandates and followed others religiously. But most importantly (with the exception of some out-of-place cartoon moments) the show felt truly real and had an undeniable sweetness to the relationship. One thing is for sure, with the exception of that aforementioned hole in the middle of the series, it is always good for a laugh.

* * * ½ / 5
28 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ghastly reboot
einsteinfile29 September 2017
Why did they ever bring this back? Is it that Hollywood is running out of ideas? Jeez, what used to be an ... alright, mildly amusing sitcom a decade or so ago, has become a creaky dinosaur of outdated and, just plain, unfunny jibs and jabs. The old "Three's Company" was light years ahead of this ... 'stuff', that's for sure! It was also a lot better to look at Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt, not to mention to laugh at the antics of the great John Ritter with them. Debra, Eric, and Sean really could've done better. This is just plain dull - loud, but still, very very dull.
29 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the old Will and Grace
jsaus6330429 September 2017
I was a fan of the original Will and Grace. This review will be short because I turned it off after less then 10 minutes. It soon becomes evident that the show is just a platform to bash Trump and the administration. The "acting" seemed forced as they seemed to all try to be caricatures of the original characters. The "jokes" fell flat as they were nothing that we have not heard before. I was looking forward to this show, but the network ruined it. Pass on this one.
32 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful all around
Willow1927 March 2001
This is one of the best comedy sitcoms ever made. When I first heard about this show I just knew that it was going to get canceled. Because of the fact that it is about homosexuality. But I was wrong, and I'm so glad that I was! This is the most funny show that I have ever seen. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack are great. But the stars of the show are really Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally. They both won well deserved Emmy Awards for their roles as Jack and Karen. IMO, they make the show, and w/o them, the show probably would have been canceled. A question people have is...are Sean and Eric gay? My answer: Who cares? They're still funny and that's all that matters!
31 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Will & Grace & CNN?
jellybeansjelly30 January 2018
It's a shame that NBC decided to reboot this creative, beloved, and innovative show for the purpose of airing every political woe currently occurring in the U.S. Back in its heyday visiting such hot button topics as gay rights was relevant, and watching the characters find their way through the sometimes uncertain landscape of daily life was touching and highly entertaining, but never forced. Fast forward almost two decades and the characters now seem to exist to address every major headline touted by CNN or Fox. I miss the natural flow of the show in which the characters found themselves working through situations, rather than situations finding the characters. Megan is sharper than ever as Karen (whose character really hasn't changed, and why would she?), Eric has matured Will a bit without making him staid, while Debra and Sean's characters have not matured and at this point in their lives, it's a bit odd to see some of the antics of nearly two decades past unchanged (is Jack going to prance into a room forever?). I have a very happy memory of seeing an episode of this show taped (from season 4), and will never forget these classic episodes. Sadly, I won't be watching the reboot episodes.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Will & Grace
gingerliu15 August 2009
Will & Grace is undoubtedly one of the best television comedies of all time. In its 8 year run from 1998 to 2006 the show racked up Emmy awards for all of its main cast members, 83 Emmy nominations, 24 Golden Globes, 14 SAG Awards, and 6 People's Choice Awards. May 5th sees the release of two Will & Grace DVD compilations: The Best of Love & Marriage and The Best of Friends & Foes. Each 2-disc set has 16 episodes of the sharpest and funniest moments of the series and features guest star appearances from Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Matt Damon, Kevin Bacon, and Glenn Close.

I was living in London and sharing a flat with two gay guys from Scotland when the show came out. Our Thursday nights were something of a television ritual of late night comedy and copious amounts of alcohol. Will & Grace was laugh-out-loud funny and the gay characters were real. We knew guys like Will and Jack. Hell, even my flat mates were a little bit like the show's gay duo. And we loved the main female characters just as much too. It's rare to find flawless writing coupled with perfectly executed comedic performances. It's rarer still to find all four main characters that are equally funny, equally vain, and equally insecure, and all armed to the teeth with gay in-jokes that only our community could understand. It also showed humanity at its rawest. These characters embraced their dark side and wore their childish tantrums, backstabbing, and one-upmanship like a bold and beautiful Rainbow flag. Will & Grace worked not only because it was spot-on about gay life but also because it never excluded heterosexuals.

To recap the premise of the show, Will and Grace are best friends and share a New York apartment. Will is a successful Manhattan lawyer and Grace is a successful self-employed interior designer. Grace's assistant Karen is a wealthy socialite who works to keep herself down to earth and Will's best friend Jack is over-the-top self obsessed and always looking for work. The series over 8 years has gone through changes in roommates, changes in jobs, and countless changes in relationships.

Will (Eric McCormack) and Jack (Sean Hayes) complement one another in their differences. Will is a professional and is almost a grown up. Jack is fun to be with but also incredibly vein; sometimes you just want to throttle him. In the first season alone he decides to become a singer and a massage therapist, he embarrasses Will at the gym, and agrees to marry Karen's illegal immigrant maid, Rosario (Shelley Morrison). Grace (Debra Messing) and Karen are as equally vein. Grace's insecurities rear up in her work and with her relationship with Will. Her neurotic behavior is only put to past by straight-talking Karen -a no nonsense socialite with airs and graces that only women of her standing get to be. She drinks too much, takes drugs, spends money, and is always up for the thrill. She's the perfect "fag-hag."

Hollywood has flocked to the series with numerous guest star appearances (see above). Debbie Reynolds's reoccurring role as Grace's self-obsessed actress mother provides some of the best mother and daughter tug of war relationships ever to hit the screen. Two of Grace's boyfriends, however, over stayed their welcome. Woody Harrelson's turn as Grace's boyfriend, Nathan, threatened to straighten out the series altogether as the gay dynamic of the show took a back seat. Harry Connick Jr.'s character, Dr. Leo, also took a stab at turning the show from a biting comedy with gay in jokes to just another mainstream show for the masses.

Will and Grace was the only TV show that represented my gay life and the gay people in it. Our London life was full of hilarity, love and friendship, spending money, and dealing with family. Will & Grace represented a multi-faceted gay life that wasn't a tragedy; no one died of A.I.D.S. or committed suicide. Instead it emphasized the relationship with the family: Will's mother, Jack's estranged father. It showed that these issues were just as important to Will and Jack as Grace's love-hate relationship with her own mother.

It's doubtful if there will ever be another successful mainstream gay comedy. I say this because Will & Grace was so successful for so long, that any TV comedy script that even hints at a gay character will automatically be compared to it.

Ginger Liu

10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you want to be a Trump hater hater hater hater
rachtbirdy29 September 2017
What happened to real comedy? This show used to be funny. So much useless effort just to hate on Trump. I'm not even a Trump fan. I just wanted to relax and watch something fun. What a hateful show with an insidious anti-Trump message. I was really looking forward to the Will & Grace return. If you want to hate on Trump just watch the news. If you want delightful creative fresh comedy- not this show!
31 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Comedy at its best
tv_is_my_parent3 December 2010
Will & Grace is the greatest sitcom on TV so far.(even better than Friends) It's totally based on comedy and really tries how to make people laugh to death.(unlike the romance in Friends)

Megan Mullally, Debra Messing and Sean Hayes are outstanding in their roles. I love Eric McCormack but he's not so much funny like other actors. Every episode is a masterpiece comedy.(especially the early seasons)

Karen Walker is my favorite sitcom character. No one can create a funny character like her.

Will & Grace's irreplaceable for me and i think there's nothing funnier that this, and I think the sitcoms died with Will & Grace. Because now all the sitcoms copying the jokes of 90s sitcoms. 10/10

Best Seasons:Complete Series (8 seasons) but funniest are Seasons 1,2,3 (like everyone says)
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very funny, with a very talented cast!
TheLittleSongbird30 April 2009
I don't think Will and Grace is quite as good as Frasier, but it is a great sitcom nonetheless. The writing is actually funny, though in Frasier, I can't count the number of times I've fallen off my chair laughing. Will and Grace does do that, but not all the time. The characters are memorable and engaging. Eric McCormack is great and perfectly nuanced as Will, who happens to be gay, yet he is best friends with a woman named Grace, played by Debra Messing. Both stars are great, but the most laughs goes to Megan Mullally as Karen, and Sean Hayes has his moments as Jack, who is a very weird character you are never too sure whether you love or hate him. There have also been guest stars like Minnie Driver, Tim Curry, Harry Connick Jnr, Bernadete Peters, Demi Moore, Alec Baldwin,Jack Black, Lesley Ann Warren and my favourite John Cleese as Lyle,who have brought a pleasing shine to the show. And actually the Las Vegas wedding episodes were actually the most memorable highlights of Season 6(of which I have the box set). In conclusion, a great comedy, a little in the shadow of Frasier, but well worth watching for entertainment value. 9/10 Bethany Cox
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Comedy at its best!
nufc87kaz29 July 2004
Will and Grace is one of the best comedy programmes around. Each character is very funny. Each member of the main cast show exciting chemistry together on screen. Will(Eric McCormack) & Grace(Debra Messing) work well together, helping each other in their daily lives adding a new wave of comedy. Jack(Sean Hayes) is the eccentric gay friend who makes me laugh to tears. Karen (Megan Mullally) the rich alcoholic who loves to belittle Graces dress sense. The jokes are written to an intelligent degree.I love this programme because it has filled the hole left by the departure of 'Friends' and 'Sex and the city'. We can all hope that it will stick around for the next few years to keep us in front of the TV.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love it!
KelSAAAAY30 July 2006
I admit that I was always a FRIENDS fiend rather than a W&G Junkie, but since earlier this year...and when nothing else was on, I started watching Will and Grace, and I'm glad i did. People always ask me which sitcom i prefer, but they are so different. Will & Grace has really opened a door for gay people everywhere following on from "Ellen" (which I watched when I was like six lol).

The whole cast clearly have fun together, and the later episodes show Karen's vulnerability and that she isn't actually as cold as she seems.

Will and Grace have such an unorthodox relationship, and that is what keeps me hooked. So many people say that it should be called "Jack and Karen", and, as much as I like Jack and Karen...i feel that they are supporting characters and without Will and Grace it wouldn't be as funny or interesting, as Jack's story lines rarely last longer than a few episodes, and a lot of Karen's couldn't happen without the help of her lawyer...who is Will.

I also love Rosario...she actually rocks my socks....
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.