The 700 Club (1966– )
User ReviewsReview this title
Robertson and his fundy christian pal Jerry Falwell blamed the socialists, the liberals, the atheists, the abortionists etc. for "allowing" the attack on the WTC(9/11) to happen. Tells you a lot about the IQ level of the most prominent figures of the extreme christian right(read: fascist).
Watch for it for a laugh.
Have you ever watched someone on TV so incredibly grating and annoying you wish they would just shrivel up and die? If not, welcome to the colorful world of The 700 Club; a news show where earth shattering topics such as school prayer, army chaplains, Christian music, and age-defying milkshakes are delivered into the hungry hands of red-state America.
Three of the most painfully looking news anchors in the history of television host a 30 minute show about the Christian life. While that may sound uplifting, don't be fooled. This show targets and destroys (much like a heat seeking missile) Muslims, Jews, Hindus, non- Christian "cults", gays, feminists, democrats, Christian liberals, and everything else under the sun for the world's problems. This makes the show about as comfortable as sitting on a long plane flight next to someone who asks you if you've heard the good news about Jesus.
But the worst of this show can be said in two words: Gordon Robertson. This idiot stands in front of the camera as if he's the salt of the earth, permanently portraying his smug smile and ghastly hair to the masses. Not only that but his forehead is so monstrously big, it actually distracts you from listening to what he has to say.
The 700 Club is a show that's entertaining if you're looking for a laugh but case in point: if you're looking for uplifting spiritual guidance, The 700 Club will do nothing for help.
Or maybe you want to watch this smarmy weasel just for laughs, to see what outrageous idiocy is going to come out of his mouth next. Whatever you do, don't send him money.
The 700 Club preaches hate and intolerance under the guise of religion. Either Pat Robertson is truly unbalanced, or a brilliant genius who has created a cult of personality to reap great financial rewards, or both. There are a lot of posts where people say they watch to get angry. I just hope none of them are Nielsen families.
This man and his ilk are the only things that ever makes me doubt the wisdom of free speech.
Pat Robertson doesn't even seem like such a bad guy at first glance. He just seems like a senile, yet harmless old coot stuck in his archaic beliefs (like most of our grandparents). But this is a man who has called for an assassination, who has befriended and offered aid to not one, but TWO murderous dictators, who has illegally used donation money to run diamond mines, who has SUPPORTED forced abortions in China, and who regularly implies that Caucasians (straight American male Caucasians in particular) are superior to all other races.
Still, this would all be funny, except that he apparently has a large enough fan base to keep his little show on the air 40 years later (either that, or enough money to bribe some TV executives who don't give a damn what they show). The idiocy of the show becomes alarming when you realize that some people, somewhere, must be watching it and hanging onto every word. Even when Robertson has repeatedly shown how corrupt he is, people still listen to him. I don't know if it's funny or scary. I guess a healthy mixture of both.
In less civil times, the good townsfolk would have run such monsters as those associated with The 700 Club out of town with torches and pitchforks. But in today's world where people have lost all choice in their choices of television that is presented to them, we have no way to rid ourselves of the 700 Club plague.
The television ratings system and the "V" chip on TV's should also have a rating called "R" for religion, so that rational people and concerned parents could easily screen such vile intellectual and brutal emotional rape, such as presented by The 700 Club every day all over our country, from themselves and their children.
In his widely reported comments from the January 2 edition of the Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club, during which he predicted that there would be "very serious terrorist attacks" and "mass killing" in the United States in the "second half" of 2007, host Pat Robertson boasted that he had "a relatively good track record" on earlier predictions. But a review of Robertson's 2006 New Year's predictions undermines that claim. He predicted, for example, that:
* "President Bush is going to strengthen." WRONG
* "The fall elections will be inconclusive, but the outcome of the war and the success of the economy will leave the Republicans in charge." WRONG
* "The war in Iraq is going to come to a successful conclusion. We'll begin withdrawing troops before the end of this year." WAY WRONG
Further, as a January 3 Associated Press article reported, Robertson has a history of making dubious predictions:
The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51% of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts. WRONG
In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved WRONG YET AGAIN!
He claims to speak directly with god... If so god has quite the sense of humor watching Pat make a fool of himself again and again..
And of course, the hosts of "The 700 Club" are always willing to read letters "written by viewers" as they like to put it, coincidentally each typed in the same format and all on the same color of paper by "viewers" supposedly healed of various afflictions by the said hosts (they claim to have "words of knowledge" come to them) but who NEVER APPEAR on the program to say what happened to them. Honestly, how can anyone take a show seriously when they're using a poor applause recording? It should make people wonder why there's no studio audience. Speaking of which, did any of the loyal viewers of this show wonder why Pat went to a surgeon for his colon cancer instead of putting trust in the faith of his fellow snake oil salesmen?
The sad thing that Pat's cronies and viewers don't realize or just don't even want to realize are the horrible things he's done and said. This is a guy who agreed with Jerry Falwell that the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States were the result of God punishing us for our acceptance of homosexuality and feminism. Ironic, considering that Pat has twice publicly referred to the implementation of a nuclear weapon in the State Department; I have little doubt it was his wealth that kept him from getting arrested for such statements. His rants against homosexuals, single mothers, and any number of sexual practices he considers "sinful" are interesting, considering he was known to frequent a number of brothels during the Korean War. As the Bible says, be fruitful and multiply, so congratulations, Pat - thanks to you, there's probably a number of children born to single Korean mothers. Then, of course, there was the time he called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, a man who led his nation successfully in the conquering of a dictatorship. Oh, yes, and let's not soon forget the time this "crusader for human life" supported forced abortions in China. Very "Christian" of him, wouldn't you say?
And just in case Pat has forgotten, I haven't forgotten his little speech that evangelical Christians today are "being treated exactly as the Jews were in Nazi Germany." Honestly, to compare his "plight" to the horrors of the Holocaust is almost unforgivable. Speaking of which, need I mention about how he blatantly lied that homosexuality ran rampant among the Nazi party in a pathetic attempt to discredit homosexuals? Of course, history shows us that the Nazis acted toward homosexuals the same way they acted toward Jews. Pat Robertson is one of the biggest liars in history. If he was Pinocchio, his nose would encircle the Earth.
Unfortunately, more and more people continue to believe him every day. This is your wake-up call, people; "The 700 Club" is one of the most if not the single most vile program in television history. It's evil masquerading as good; it's a wolf-in-sheep's-clothing. It's bigoted filth that tries to look clean, pretty, and loving. It's living proof that hateful, dangerous religious views aren't confined to certain groups in the Middle East. Even those who are not of the Christian faith know that it goes against everything Jesus taught, and if Jesus was to appear to this "club," He wouldn't be emulating them. Instead, He'd be chastising them as He did the Pharisees of His time and overturning the money bins of their telethons as He did in front of the synagogue in His time. All I can say is thank God that Pat had no chance of becoming President; if he did, he'd be the harbinger of Armageddon - and not on the side of the good guys.
1. Someone with an "abscessed right tooth"has just now been healed.2. Someone with "twisted intestines" has been healed.3.Then Terry said there was a person with a "strange condition",(You mean God doesn't know?) a burning in the legs,who has just been healed.4. Then Gordon said there's a man(That narrows it down!) with swelling of the sinuses in his right cheek, with much pain behind the right eye,but he is now healed.5.Someone with a problematic right hip,limited mobility from a stroke, is now able to walk. 6. Terry said she saw someone with severe with severe stiffness in the neck bone, but didn't know the exact ailment(God doesn't know?)-that the person is now healed. 7. Someone paralyzed on the right side, particularly(Not exactly?!) the right side of the face has now been healed.8. A man (That narrows the world population down again.) with a plate in his skull is having a continual problems, and the doctors just don't know what to do. Terry said she saw the bone reforming around the plate(The funny bone?!)and the mans pain is gone,he was now healed.
Hers how our war hero Pat helps our sick and poor people. 1. There's a woman in Kansas City (Missouri or Kansas but that narrows it way down.) who has a sinus the lord is drying it up now thank you Jesus. 2. There's a man with a financial need- I think a hundred thousand dollars.(I think their god needs to go to school or something!) That need is being met met right now,and within three days,the money will be supplied through the miraculous power of the holy spirit.Thank you Jesus. 3.There is a woman in Cincinnati with cancer of the lymph nodes.
I don't know whether its been diagnosed yet (Ask your vengeful god Pat!) but you haven't been feeling well, and the lord is dissolving that cancer right now!(What?!)4. There is a lady in Saskatoon(I assume Canada.) in a wheelchair-curvature of the spine, The lord is straightening that our right now, and you can stand up and walk!(If you have this condition ignore Pat!) Just claim it and it's yours. Thank you Jesus! Amen, Amen!
When Pat Robertson had prostate cancer did he go to Peter Popoff?, Oral Roberts?,Benny Hinn?,Terry or Gordon? No! On February 17,2003 Pat went to a REAL DOCTOR to have his surgery! (You mean he doesn't trust his faith healing friends, Terry or his own son Gordon?!)
When LT Pat Robertson was in the Marines during the Korean war He was a liquor officer, responsible for keeping the officers supplied with liquor. He was known to drink himself and frequent prostitutes and he feared he contacted gonorrhea.(Should of asked a faith healer for help!)
The reason Pat got out of combat was because his daddy Absalom Willis Robertson (D Va from 1946-66) was Chairman of the Senate Military Appropriations Committee.
Terrorist Attacks, September 11, 2001 We have imagined ourselves invulnerable and been consumed by the pursuit of health, wealth,(Pats worth between 150 and 200 million dollars folks!) material pleasures(A mansion in Virginia beach Virginia with a helicopter launching pad!) and sexuality(He had had sex with his future wife before marriage which they had a son!). It (terrorism) is happening because god is lifting his protection from us.( Statement released on September 13, 2001.) Pat Robertson reminds me of Burgermeister on Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and his evil vengeful god reminds me of Venger on Dungeons And Dragons.
Spoiled brat Gordon does what daddy Pat tells him to and Terry is a paid yes woman who neither have minds of their own!
This will really grab you! The September 5 2005 edition of The 700 Club included a report Christian Broadcasting Network correspondent Gary Lane from outside New Orleans Convention Center which has housed mostly impoverished black disaster victims throughout the weekend."A number of possessions left behind suggest the mindset of some of the evacuees"Lane said"they include this voodoo cup with the saying"May the curse be with you." A shot of a plastic cup souvenir cup from one of the New Orleans countless trinket shops appeared on the screen. "Also music CDs with the title Guerrilla Warfare and Thugs 'R' Us." Lane stated, pointing out a pile or rap CDs strewn on the ground.( His bigoted daddy Absalom has taught Pat racism well!)
If any of you good people ever think of donating to these sexist bigoted people please in the name of God don't! Sponsor a softball or basketball team,give to a food shelf, be a big brother or sister to a child but please don't give to these people because they have been around for over 40 years and solved nothing.
If you still don't believe me type Pat Robertson overheard during commercial break on the web and hit search and once you hear what hes really like, I know for sure that you will not give one cent to these conning liars! And by the way Terry once had a divorce and Pat has talked against divorce many times on his shows.
I like to say hello to the folks in Dover Pennsylvania, Orlando Florida, and to the nice folks who got hit by hurricane Katrina and I hope its a pleasant day. Has Operation Blessing been helpful to New Orleans?(I doubt it!) Please let our readers know! I do! By the way folks if your sick, go to a real doctor and lets everybody laugh at these liars and someday Burgermeister Pat,Gordon and Terry can go someplace else and take their angry god Venger with them!
Either this statement is true, or Jesus is a liar. Think about it.
The 700 Club is a high quality Christian broadcast with excellent production values. Pat has made a few controversial statements that he has regretted & apologized for over the years, plus I can understand how the healing prayer at the end of the show may seem a little hokey to a non-believer. That being said, in general, the show does a fine job of disseminating the Gospel of Jesus Christ and reporting & commenting on current events using the Bible and the person of Jesus Christ as the measure of truth.
Theologically the show tends to lean a little too far "Word of Faith Movement" for my taste, but this a minor concern. The testimonials and re-enactment stories of how individuals were delivered from drugs, alcohol, sexual sins, and other trials through the power of Christ, are very inspiring and help many people watching who know someone who is struggling with that same issue.
Second, there are points that I agree with Pat on. I do not believe that you can be a liberal and a Christian. It is utterly impossible. You cannot be homosexual and be a Christian, it is utterly impossible as well. Now do not misunderstand, if someone wants to be gay or liberal, that is their choice. But for those of you believing that you can be a Christian AND something contrary to what the Bible says, its like saying your a Communist Capitalist. There is no such thing...the two cancel each other out.
1) To abort a baby is murder to the Christian religion. The Bible speaks specifically about it. You cannot be a Christian and support abortions. Its like supporting Charles Manson.
2) God actually says that society, not the government, should take upon itself the welfare of the people.
3) Quit bashing the gays and liberals, there is no use in hating them. That means that they can have their civil rights groups. As long as they don't infringe upon OUR civil rights. (Yes, Christian have civil rights too, we did invent the idea after all, or at least our Father did.)
4) The Bible says that it is a mortal sin for a man to sleep with another man, or for a woman to sleep with another woman. It also says that sex outside of marriage is a sin as well. So if your not married, don't do it. And if you are homosexuals that are married, sorry, according to the Christian faith, it is a sin. It is mentioned in there right along with having sex with animals.
5) Being a communist is against Christianity as well. One of the major factors behind communism is the belief in atheism. You cannot be a Christian communist. Just like you cannot be a Christian atheist. No such thing. However, I do admire the utopian idea.
6) The Jews are a great, and ancient race of people. End of story. Anyone who is anti-semitic and claims to be a Christian is self-deceived. You cannot be a Christian and an anti-semite. The Bible explicitly says so. The Jews are God's chosen people. Jesus Himself was a Jew, as well as the full congregation (all 5,000 or so) of the first church. It wasn't until Paul went to the Gentiles that Christianity attracted non-Jewish followers. So sorry for all you anti-semites. But, deal with it. (P.S. We still love you though.)
7) Last, but definitely not least, at lucky number seven. For those of you debating the fact with Pat Robertson about America being a Christian nation, take a look at your history books and money. Our national motto is "In God We Trust", Massachusetts was founded by Puritans fleeing religious persecution in England. (I know, my ancestor owned the Charter). When the Constitution was signed, 52 of the 55 signers were active members of their congregations. When John Quincy Adams would address the people, his presidential speeches, were often extemporaneous sermons on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thomas Jefferson made frequent references to God and the the Bible in the Declaration of Independence (over 3000 of them says a study done by Rice, and another 5,000 indirect references, same study). For more such information go to http://www.wallbuilders.com it'll inform you on Christian America.
It's nice to see something clean and honest on TV. After all, lifes too short to watch trash.