Muthu (1995) Poster

(1995)

Muthu
santhosh-1029016 July 2019
The movie was excellent. The comedy scenes in the movie were also good. Songs and BGM in the movie were also fantastic. Superb Movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
MUTHU with a HARRY POTTER TWIST
arjunflamingfeather25 November 2018
MUTHU is a well thought and written piece with subcontinent dialogue and language other than the language we use. We use for our understanding of cinema both our mother tongue and the intelligence gained by watching films from the western hemisphere.
Muthu
sarathda5 August 2020
K.S. Ravikumar remakes Priyadarshan's Thenmavin Kombath as a Rajinikanth vehicle, which is to say he makes it a different film entirely - brighter, brasher, the villains coming from outside rather than the complicated web of (alcoholic) self-loathing and class discrimination of the original. which isn't to say that it isn't a lovely film in its own right, a surprisingly gentle village set masala that retains an oddly intimate feel despite the lavish surroundings and a score from A.R. Rahman at a time where he could seemingly do no wrong.
My first Indian movie
maisarah0226 June 2018
I was 15 when I watched "Muthu." I started to be interested in other cultures at that time and I chose this movie randomly to watch something special. I totally fascinated by the dance scenes which start suddenly, colourful exotic dresses, and rhythmical songs replayed in my head again and again. It is the best movie to enter Bollywood world.
Waste of time.
tulasiajit27 December 2020
The official remake of Malayalam movie Thenmavin Kombathu. Just to suit the Tamil audiences they have made Rajinikanth a superhero.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best movie ever
cwilliamson28 September 2001
Muthu paves the way in regards to romantic-comedy-action-drama-martial-arts musicals. The "chariot jump" sequence almost made me wet myself in laughter. Unbelievably hysterical. Is there an English version of this somewhere?
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Big and pleasant surprise.
tora-26 April 1999
Truly fabulous! It is so nice to see that old Hollywood musicals of 40's and 50's are still alive and well in southern India. The music is really something to be remembered, too.
16 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.