Fight Club (1999)
- Adult Children Of Alcoholics
- Alcoholics anonymous
- Incest Survivors Group
- Learning To Soar
- Overeaters Anomymous
- Positive Positivity
- Sex addicts anonymous
- Taking Flight
- Triumphant Tomorrows
- [7:18]The Group Leader begins his speech at the Testicular Cancer support group by saying, "I look around this room and I see a lot of...". Later, at [1:09:47] when Tyler makes his 'Middle children of history' speech, he begins, "I look around this room and I see a lot of..."
- [20:50]When the narrator is describing his job, Inspector Bird (Tim DeZarn) states that the father's fat burned into the seat. This may have given the narrator the idea to make bombs out of human fat. See quotes.
- [23:18]On the airplane the Narrator mentions that they have the exact same briefcase. And although Tyler opens his, we never see the contents of the Narrator's. Also in this scene when the Narrator meets Tyler, he asks him what his name is, but then he never offers, nor is asked about, his own name.
- [28:29] When Tyler Durden calls The Narrator back in the phone booth, the camera slowly tracks in towards the phone. On the left of the phone, a notice can be seen saying "No incoming calls allowed."
- [32:27]Tyler's job as a 'projectionist' mirrors the fact that he himself is a projection of the narrator.
- [37:15]When Tyler and the Narrator are fighting and gather a crowd, no one intervenes, but instead look rather bemused.
- [44:55]When Tyler gets on the bus with The Narrator, he only pays the fare for one person, although Tyler was behind him, and the camera was behind Tyler, so Tyler was blocking the view of The Narrator. Plus, Tyler may have been paying for both.
- [45:20]When Tyler and the Narrator are on the bus, the long-haired guy pushes past Tyler without a word, then says "excuse me" as he pushes past the Narrator.
- [46:37]When The Narrator is getting stitched up at the hospital he says, "Sometimes Tyler spoke for me". So Tyler tells the doctor "he fell down some stairs", then The Narrator repeats it to the doctor.
- [50:53]When Tyler shows up at Marla's apartment, she recognizes him immediately even though she has never seen him before.
- [54:32]When the Narrator passes by Tyler's room, listening to Tyler and Marla having sex, Tyler opens the door. After the Narrator & Tyler finish talking, Marla, on the floor in the room, says "Who are you talking to?", indicating Tyler is talking to himself. Also, after having sex, Marla & Tyler enter the kitchen at different times and are never in the same room. So the Narrator, Tyler, and Marla are never ALL together, indicating the Narrator and Tyler are the same person.
- [55:56]The Narrator wanders the house while Tyler and Marla noisily have sex upstairs. When the detective calls and the Narrator answers the phone, the sounds of the lovemaking instantly stop.
- [1:11:47]When Lou sees the Fight Club members in the basement of his restaurant, Lou punches Tyler in the stomach. When Tyler gets punched, you can see the Narrator double over slightly as if he too was punched in the stomach. A few shots later, Lou kicks Tyler in the face while he is kneeling, and in the background we see the Narrator's head go back at the moment of impact.
- [1:37:25]When the airport employee "lends" Tyler the car, he's actually looking at the Narrator when he says "Mr. Durden." The Narrator and Tyler then get in through the same door. [1:41:12]After the crash where Tyler was driving, Tyler pulls the Narrator out of the driver side of the car.
- [1:44:44]Marla Singer comes by the house and the narrator thinks she's there to visit Tyler. When he explains to her that Tyler isn't there, she looks at him confused and has no idea what he is talking about.
- [1:51:11]The plot twist is finally revealed.
Tyler Durden appears in the film five times before we clearly see him on the moving walkway at the airport. In the first four appearances, he flashes on screen for a single frame (1/24 of a second) and only when the Narrator has insomnia: Narrator is always shown furrowing his eyebrows, presumably because he sees Tyler.
- [4:07] At the photocopier at work; When Narrator says "Everything's a copy of a copy of a copy", right after he says the "copy" the first time.
- [6:18] In the corridor outside the doctor's office, when the Narrator learns about the testicular cancer support group;
- [7:34] At that group's meeting, standing just to the right of the group leader when he says, "...ourselves up".
- [12:37] As the Narrator first sees Marla leaving a meeting but doesn't follow her. Right as he says, "next group".
- [20:19] He can also be seen as a waiter in the presentation video of the hotel (he is the furthest waiter on the right).