Driven (2001) Poster

(2001)

Entertaining and easy to watch, took itself a little too seriously though
mba29 January 2002
All i've got to say is that i enjoyed this movie and found it entertaining and an interesting insight into the competition between race drivers and what they go through in a demanding profession. I do wish Estella Warren had more to do in this film, because she is just LUSH! and one of my favourite models. But it seems as though she has just been put in the film for the eye-candy, which is great but she needs to do more because she deserves a better chance to really make it as an actress. But overall it is quite entertaining with the racing scenes and the variety of locations they go to. Maybe it would've been better if it took itself less seriously. A masterpiece it aint, but better than i expected and easy to watch. I say to all the people who are trashing this film, you are entitled to your opinion and so am i. My opinion is that you are a bunch of SNOBS!! Admit it, you are!

Rating- 8 out of 10
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A very bold attempt for a modern open-wheel racing movie
firefox-CWN1 November 2001
I love CART racing. I love any form of auto racing. When I first heard that Sly Stallone set production the first auto racing movie of the 21th. century I rose in excitement. I was even lucky enough to be at the Toronto Indy to watch portions of the filming as Champ car replicas roared out of the paddock. Watching this movie, I was treated to some fantastic special effects that were taken to level very close to the 1966 classic Grand Prix. Unfortunately, details of Driven's plot resembled Grand Prix too closely for this movie to be considered a creative attempt. Jimmy Bly(Kip Purdue) and Beau Brandenburg(Til Schweiger) both provided very respectable roles as co-stars alongside Sylvester Stallone playing the aging veteran driver Joe Tanto. The characters were developed enough through the film to understand their unique personalities. I was deeply impressed with how Driven displayed the drivers as understandable of their competitors and respected each other on the race track. I hate how some racing movies turn racing into a reckless grudge match. One of the worst elements in this movie is that only three drivers with the exception to happy go lucky teammate Memo Heguy (Who ran in place of Tanto for races) were shown within a twenty-plus driver field. Actual indy-style open-wheel racing is often much more competitive than shown in Driven. This movie shortfall was probably left over from the Formula One script that Stallone started with. All and all, Driven has weaknesses when comparing it as a great racing movie. But, it was a very suitable movie for family entertainment.
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not necessarily an arthouse masterpiece, yet nowhere as bad as its rep.
It's been often mentioned by other reviewers that the art of the cornball must have been engineered by Sylvester Stallone; it's just as often forgotten that true tripe goes unwatched merely because it does not go into wide, national release. So guess which movies always receive the worse rep?

Having watched the trailer and anticipated this movie for a while, I knew exactly what to expect beforehand: your typical good guy vs. bad guy, fight for glory, 'win-all-lose-all final confrontation' fare. Surprisingly, I encountered something that attempted to be a little more profound, and while it doesn't exactly hint at the meaning of existence, it explores a facet of human relationships which not many other movies in this genre have touched. The movie's tagline, "Welcome to the human race," does a nice job of encompassing all that this film discusses.

The peculiar thing about the entire setup is that, unlike all other movies in this genre, there are no defined lines. There is no good guy, no bad guy; simply a race for perfection that alludes to the way that most of us wish to live, though the path that we take is an altogether different matter. It's difficult to pick up on, but if enough attention is paid, the idiosyncrasies of each of the characters in this movie speak far more than what their dialogue brings to the table.

Where the film falters, and causes most of the audience to misperceive its message, is in its presentation. It's frenetic, loud, and highly distracting; and yet, tremendously appealing to this particular viewer. The speed with which the director cuts between shots, pans, zooms, spins, spirals, etc., go hand in hand with the feel of the sport in general, and is indeed very creative -- but it is hard to keep up with what's going on. How are we supposed to know what each character is feeling when the scene cuts away before the dialogue is even finished? How are we supposed to be even able to recognize what's happening on the screen when we're not given more than a two-second break between blaringly obtrusive rock songs? Once again, the movie alludes to the sport itself with the commercialization of its soundtrack. And while highly kinetic, and emotionally involving at times (the opening scene with the media was brilliantly executed for a Jimmy Bly point of view), it's just hard to...keep track of everything.

But in the end, the main reason anybody is going to watch this movie for is the racing, particularly the accidents that take place at excesses of 200 miles per hour. And it delivers pretty admirably, truth be told. There are a lot of interesting camera positions and perspectives to make you feel a part of the race, and the special effects could be considered top-notch. Kudos to whoever decided to not give the CG cars and items the cheap, laughter-inducing fluidity of movement that's to be found in just about any other movie with computer graphics (though there were a few scenes with this effect). It's not necessarily realistic, and a little simplistic on the artistic scale, but it reaches a satisfying level of subtlety--and at times, it's fascinating to see some of the things that can be done.

The film is not without its clichés, it sometimes forgets about or fails to discuss a few of its plot points, and the women appear to be portrayed a little 2-dimensionally. But when the crew is watching the race or practice runs from the movie's dramatic camera angles on their small overhead monitor, you simply don't care. The movie takes itself seriously, but it's also intended to be fun; it's merely up to the viewer to interpret how they wish to take it. The first time, it may be a little difficult to swallow, but with subsequent bites, you begin to grow accustomed and appreciate its distinct flavor.

Here's hoping that Stallone sticks to it for a while longer. I'm hungry for more.

51 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Who would have thought this movie would be SO good?
IonMech27 April 2001
I watched the new and read the papers and began to expect an OK, fast-paced movie that would still be fun but not a good movie. I would now like to completely disagree with every critic who gave a poor rating to this movie. There were times in the movie where I got angry at something happening but then very shortly afterwards the problem that kind of annoyed me was solved perfectly and made the movie continue to flow. The weird thing about the movie is how there are about 4 main characters, all in the movie about an equal amount of time and all equally heroic and fun to watch. And even at the point where you think they're just going to screw up the whole movie something happens to smooth out the bumps. And next not only was the songs for the movie integrated really well into what was happening, but all the songs kicked! The first thing I am going to do tomorrow is go out and buy the soundtrack. I would write more but I'd probably take up another 5 paragraphs explaining how perfectly the movie worked out its problems and everything you wanted to happen or something even better than what you wanted to happen does! This movie was incredible! 10 out of 10!
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This has to be the WORST movie ever written!
firearms trainer26 August 2001
This movie was so bad that the producers owe us another movie just to bring the rating up to zero. It is an insulting slap in the face to every race fan who ever lived and I would suggest that viewers immediately initiate a class action lawsuit to recover the money they wasted on this picture and compensation for the time spent watching it. The ONLY technical aspect of racing that they got right was the fact that the cars, at least SOME of the time, had four wheels. Otherwise, it was obvious that the writer knew absolutely nothing about motor racing. I would suggest that Sylvester Stallone should have at least watched an Indy car race before he wrote this piece of junk.

The computer-generated images were so bad that they probably set back the acceptance of CGI in movies another 50 years. The acting was about as real as the cartoon-like car crashes and all the actual Indy car drivers should have had their agents collectively sue to have their names replaced in the credits by "Allan Smithee."

I would watch this movie again only if forced to, and only for the pleasure of walking out of it and demanding my money back again.
42 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic!!!
iqjumpuw24 April 2001
Wow~ I never thought this movie would be this good! Awesome car racing scenes with very cool special effects. Take my word for it and watch this one. You won't be disappointed. Estella Warren was gorgeous in this film and surprisingly, Stallon was good too. I thought him as an old retired actor, but I was wrong. Hey~ Sean Connery is still acting, isn't he? :D 10 out of 10
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Riven" would be better!
uds327 August 2002
Utter and complete tripe - a film that is without any credibility, if for no other reason that it had the absolute temerity to think it could upstage Frankenheimer's 1966 masterpiece GRAND PRIX, on which it is so loosely yet obviously, based! Working on the assumption that 90% of viewers would never have seen (let alone heard of) GRAND PRIX, Stallone wrote himself a ROCKY on the racetrack.

Cornball script, z-grade fx....well thats to be expected, the Formula 1 people were never going to allow a loser like Harlin and his production flunkies anywhere near near the real thing, unlike the latitude extended to John Frankenheimer during GRAND PRIX's filming in 1965.

Look, I'm not even wasting more words on this affront to cinematic good taste. If you liked THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS you might be suitably underwhelmed by this crap!
36 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice Cars, Nice People & Film Non-Racing Fans Can Enjoy
ccthemovieman-13 January 2007
This movie was definitely better than I anticipated. There are some fantastic Formula I driving and crash scenes in here, and the sound of engines was fun to hear. I make those statements despite not being much of an auto racing fan, either. If I was, I would have really loved the movie.

Another appealing aspect was that the three lead characters were all good guys. There are annoying "bad people" in the movie but they are all minor characters.

The ending is predictable and, yes, there are some of the typical things you see and hear in many Sylvester Stallone films but not as dumb as many of them (the bad ones, that is.)

Because of the superlative visuals and audio, this is a good movie to see on a nice TV and a nice surround system. Mine are okay but I can imagine what this would look and sound like on something really good. I wish I could appreciate auto racing more, but I liked the film anyway and recommend it to non-racing fans.
19 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A true winner
angelaroman13 April 2001
This is definitely one of Sly's better movies. He has disappointed us with his last couple of movies but this one is a winner. it has a great plot, good action scenes and a kick ass soundtrack. Definitely ranks up there with Rocky and Rambo 2.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best car race movie since Grand Priz
bhannah28 April 2001
The critics say this movie is old fashioned and cliched. Yeah! They're right! And isn't it wonderful?! As I sat and watched this movie I started to grin, and the grin got bigger as the movie progressed. I've been waiting for a movie like this for 20 years. At last someone had the guts to make an old fashioned Action/Adventure/Romance movie with a humanity-triumphs-over-greed moral message. This is the best car race movie since Grand Priz. The race sequenses are sensational and the crashes are spectacular (make sure you see it on a big screen). The plot is cliched, contrived, and completely enjoyable. The acting is competent and predictable (except mabe for Burt Reynolds who looks and acts like he's had one too many face lifts). If you're over 40 and/or yearning for a movie you can enjoy without enduring a bunch of virtual reality drivel or hip-hop fast talk, don't miss this one.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good film
fdan7528 April 2001
I was not giving too much credit about this movie in the beginning but after it I was very surprised. It was different since it took the the driver's point of view, all the pressure and so on. Also Sly was great and just showed a very equal point of view from both pilots.

Eventhough the main background is Indy, Formula One fans can identify easy the major stars like Shumacher performed by Brandeburg ( even the red suit from Ferrari, same hair style and same attitude) also Frank Williams is found by the team director on a wheel chair. The Brazilian driver ( that is performed by a Chilean actor with a strong accent when he says thanks) also had a booklet on Ayrton Senna another F1 driver.

Anyway for those who like a good race it is highly recommended. The soundtrack is very good too and Stallone definetly did a good job!
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Easily Better than The Fast And The Furious
filmbuff197016 April 2002
Recent Car Flicks have been deadly dull affairs.both Gone in 60 Seconds and The Fast and the Furious bored me so i had little hope for this.However i like Renny Harlin as a Action Director and this is really quite good.Suprisingly this is not a one star show.Though thanks to the Pathetic Warner DVD UK Release you could be forgiven for thinking this wasnt a Stallone Picture But An Estelle Warren movie.Shame on Warner for that.The Action Scenes are great,yes theres CGI but what recent movies are not?Yes its total Fantasy,But thats Fiction.Fun.7 out of 10
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One hell of a ride
iqjumpuw7 May 2001
Driven was a very exciting movie. It was much better than I expected and I understood why Stallon was very proud of himself writing this movie. I was going to see The Mummy Returns, but then all my friends were saying Driven is alot better, so I ended up watching Driven with them (second time for them). I really didn't like the role of Gina G., but everything else was very nicely done ESPECIALLY racing/crashing scenes. They were just breathtaking. The movie starts out kind of slow, but it builds up toward the end and you get to know the characters alot better. Sure, every car racing movies have bad plots they say... But you can definitely watch this one for fun. If you like other racing movies like Gone in 60 Seconds, Days of Thunder, this one is a MUST-SEE. Gets 10 out of 10. Way to go Stallon!
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a new Rocky
calimn10 August 2001
Stallone is back, but this movie is not a new Rocky as all Sly`s fans were expecting. The plot is good, also the screenplay, but Harlin - as an automobilistic races aficionado -looses his hand on this movie.Driven has goos camera angles, good editing but I thing it`s kind of repetitive when it starts to show one race after another... always the same sequence: 3 days before the race, some(good)dialogues and the race itself... all the way, `till the end. Sly is fine, but the movie has something overated... I don`t know if it is the computer effects or the jumped sequënce of cenes. Cristian deLa Fuente is a good actor too, but his Portuguese is awful (something like my english, as You can read) Well, I think that Sly will make a new Rocky only when he get another $950.000 (that`s how much costs Rocky I) and direct himself a movie.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Movie incorrectly titled. Should have been Drivel.
NikTesla29 December 2002
This load of garbage has to be one of the worse sports movies ever foisted on the movie going public. The storyline was trite and predictable, the acting was so wooden I thought I was looking at a story about dead trees and apart from some shots of actual CART races, which stood out as the only good looking bits of the movie, the cinematography and editing looked positively amateurish. A couple of special effects looked ok but, as is often the case with inadequate movies, mostly they were used to cover for a load of crap. An example is the sequence where a car is flying through the air in slow motion while cars pass by underneath the car in a blur. Ridiculous. The racing incidents looked unrealistic and the cars racing through the city was positively ludicrous. A good example of the way to show a sequence like that is Smash Palace. Save your money, or time if you are thinking about watching the movie on TV. It is a shame that the scale only goes down to 1 as it deserves less than that. This movie also shows that Stallone was at his "acting" peak as the grunting mumbling blockhead in the Rambozo movies.

I would rather stick my most sensitive anatomical parts in a running blender filled with a cocktail of aftershave, iodine and salt water connected to the electrical mains than watch this load of fetid dingo droppings again.
37 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun Movie; Great DVD
Trapster19 September 2001
I am very surprised by how poorly this film has been received by the movie-going public. Both professional film critics from around the country as well as people from the general public are often tearing this film apart on every level - characters are underdeveloped, the editing is too choppy, the story is too simple, etc. I think that people are being overly harsh, by a lot.

DRIVEN is a fun, highly entertaining film that I would recommend to most people. I must admit, however, that I have a soft spot for both Renny Harlin and Sly Stallone. Regarding Renny, I am a fan of Die Hard 2, Cliffhanger, and Deep Blue Sea (though I was not as impressed with Cutthroat Island and The Long Kiss Goodnight). I really like his style of film-making and the way he shoots his action sequences. I realize that his films are not worthy of Academy Awards, but they do succeed in what they set out to do. Regarding Sly, I grew up on the Rocky and Rambo films and have been a fan of his for many years. I see all of his movies in the theater, and I've recently been disappointed by some of his choices. Get Carter was fine, but not as good as I had hoped it would be. Thus, when DRIVEN was released I had high hopes for it and really wanted it to be good. As it turns out, I was quite pleased.

Rather than discuss the plot of the film, which can be found in many reviews all over the Web, I thought I should mention The DRIVEN DVD that I just purchased. The DVD is full of extras, all of which are very interesting. Renny's running commentary is engaging, and the behind the scenes featurettes are also quite informative. What is most interesting is the 50 minutes of deleted scenes that are accompanied by a Stallone commentary. Here we get to watch scenes that were cut from the film and hear from Stallone what the original intent of the scenes were. It turns out that the original cut of the film was 4 and a half hours long. Clearly, Sly wrote a script that was filled with character development, but most of those scenes were cut in order to speed up the pacing of the film. This is too bad, because I feel that the inclusion of some of these scenes would have made the film stronger. Also, the DVD looks and sounds amazing. The picture is sharp and the Dolby Digital sound is incredible.

If you are curious about this movie, I think that it is worth a rental, at least. It may not be for everybody, but I think that it's much more fun that most of the movies that came out this summer.
17 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
aa good dvd to showcase your 5.1 sound system
joltjohn3 January 2003
Sylvester Stallone simply can't seem to catch a break. Judge Dredd caused the star to be something of a joke with lines like "I am the law!". An attempt at an independent comeback in "Copland" actually offered quite a good performance, but the film went largely unnoticed. "Driven" was another film that was written by the star (as was "Rocky" and "Cliffhanger"), but reviews and word of mouth kept audiences away. While not quite as poor as many made the film out to be (mainly thanks to flashy, entertaining direction by Renny Harlin), the film relies on cliches instead of bringing anything new to the table. Not that anyone's really brought anything new to the racing genre - "Days of Thunder" wasn't terrible, but it wasn't exactly much of a success, either. "Driven" plays like the racing version of Oliver Stone's football film "Any Given Sunday". This picture has the same sort of flash and striking cinematography, but it forgets the character development that the previous film at least was partially successful with. In fact, the cars remain the real stars of the movie here.

Stallone plays Joe Tanto, a former ace race car driver who's been out of the business for years, but asked to return by old friend Carl Henry (Burt Reynolds), who wants the old pro to ride alongside the new rookie, Jimmy Blye (Kip Pardue). Their competition is Beau Brandenburg (Til Schweiger). There's even a romantic triangle shoehorned into the plot, as Sophia (Estella Warren) moves back and forth between the two young racers.

There's several factors that make "Driven" suffer, though. Besides the lackluster nature of the screenplay, the performances are not particularly good, especially the two newcomers who play the competing racers. The only performance that really manages to shine is Warren. The former swimmer and Sports Illustrated model really does have a terrific presence and, impressively, is able to make the stereotypical lines of dialogue sound genuine. Hopefully, after performances here and in "Planet of the Apes", she'll move on to bigger and better things. Gina Gershon is stuck playing the Stallone character's ex-wife in a shrill subplot that goes nowhere. As for Stallone, he doesn't do a great deal here, nor does he seem to want to as he mostly appears content to set in the background and let the younger stars have their moment.7/10
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected
Skeloboy20 October 2002
Well, I had very low expectations to Driven, but it surprised me. The racing scenes is pretty cool, and the overall atmosphere is also good. Sly's acting is better than usual, but the plot is pretty predictable. A fairly good movie, better if you like F1(as I do), but don't expect a great and surprising movie. I would rate it 6/10.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is basically a shame.
klh-121 August 2001
After all the preparations of getting hold of the state of the art race cars and setting them up on the racetrack, it is a shame and a disappointment to race fans to watch this movie, because it is so very unrealistic. Most of the action would never take place in real life racing. The chase-scene which includes the race cars in a down-town high speed pursuit is actually very intertaining if you disregard the computer-animated Playstation-inspired action sequences and the fact that racecars cannot be fired up by jumping into the drivers seat and turning the none-existing ignition key. If you are a race fan don't bother to watch this movie - it is too painfull.
22 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of The Best Films of the Year!
kippardue_luvr217 May 2001
I must say that I am a Huge Kip Pardue fan and have been since "Remember the Titans". I found this movie to be quite thrilling and a true winner. Hands down to Sylvester Stallone. Kip is sure to be one of Hollywood's hot stars! Oh, and the soundtrack is magnificent as well. I encourage you to buy it.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Above average racing movie
Reel_entertainment5 January 2002
There haven't been too many car racing movies that were good. Burt Reynold's 'Stroker Ace' was a good ol' boy comedy that pleased the fans that it was aiming for. Tom Cruise's 'Days Of Thunder' was just so-so. Sly Stallone's 'Driven' was much much better than the two combined. Sly also wrote the screenplay to the movie, which helped tremendously. The plot was decent, but the casting was just so-so. Sly was excellent as the retired car driver brought back into action to mentor a young rookie driver who's losing his edge midway through the season. Reynolds appears here also, this time as the car owner who employs Sly. Burt portrays his stearn character very well. You don't know if you like him or hate him in the movie. The rest of the cast was ok...could have been better, but when you have great racing scenes to make up for it, all is well. Critics & fans blasted this movie for all the wrong reasons. They saw it & expected 'The Deer Hunter'. The movie was made for racing & Stallone fans. Sly's screenplay made me think of Rocky...a retired has-been driver brought back for another chance. His acting & writing were great in the movie. Sly gets criticized often for his acting & roles, but does he make the great action movies to win oscars...? No, he does them for his fans. That's why the fans love him so much. Great work Sly, & I can't wait to see 'Avenging Angelo' in 2002.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Impressive for what it intends to do
dsalluce23 February 2003
I would have to say to anyone giving this film a bad rap to stop trying to be a film critic on a mission and to simply recognize what this film is. Driven quite simply aims to be an entertaining movie that gives fans of any kind of racing or dangerous sport a little story to follow while being entertained.

Different people will set out to view this film:

The CART racing aficionado will find him/herself wishing it was a little more true-to-life and a little less Hollywood. I mean c'mon, CART car drivers do not switch gears 10 times while going around an oval or superspeedway and passing. This film suffers the realistic feel much in the way any car buff would outright laugh at movies like Fast and the Furious. The crashes are a little overexaggerated as well.

The type of person looking for deep character development, an intriguing plot with twists, and something that makes them think for days after viewing should go see/rent A Beautiful Mind instead. This is a high action Stallone movie. You are fooling yourself to expect that much from an action movie of this type.

The action movie buff will love the frantic pace and camera work. The music goes perfect with the scenes and overall never really chills out until the credits roll. The sound (on DVD) a very nicely done. This is probably the only type of moviegoer that will be completely fulfilled by Driven. The crashes do not disappoint.

Even the girlfriend sitting next to you will not be bored because this movie manages a little love story as well. Estella Warren is superb although not dealt a very multifaceted script.

To conclude, I would say that Driven delivers in some way (albeit sometimes trivial) to most moviegoers. I was shocked to see what other people are saying about this movie. It is not bad at all. I would actually give it a 8/10 myself. In this age of movies like Pearl Harbor where the makers strive to fill every little void in a movie I was refreshed and awakened when viewing Driven. It did exactly what i was expecting while providing me with a little extra message on what it would take to be a race driver and being pulled 50 different ways.

All in all and a great way to waste some time, see some cool stuff, and be entertained. Do not look for anything that inspires or perplexes you, though. You will not be bored.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good entertainment by Stallone and company
Quinoa198428 April 2001
While Driven has some loose ends in the works (I don't think that people would come out of those car crashes with just hurt legs, they would be dead), it still delivers some good things along the way. The film goes in the sense of George Carlin's statement, where else am I gonna see a 26 car collision, and not be in the SOB. Because, the film not only shows the drivers, pressmen, owner's and driver's girlfriends, but the fans, and how many come to the races in hordes to watch cars go in a circle.

The film stars Stallone as a once great driver who comes in to assist Reynolds's new star driver (Pardue) to try and get his head together on and off the track. Often, it seems director Harlin takes his cues from Stone's Any Given Sunday on many of the shots, but this is pretty much original (if you don't take into account that Cruise and Kidman flick). Sometimes absurd, but it works in the popcorn movie sense. Love the quarter trick. B+
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Rush Of Insight and Thrills
tabuno27 January 2019
28 April 2001. Except for an impossible ending, Stallone's movie is a great one. This movie held true to substance while using its style to enhance the relational aspects of the movie between people. Even Burt Reynold's holds his own as a mean, but understandable race team owner. Most of the characters are portrayed with sensitivity and without black and white, stark stereotypes. Each person is treated with respect. The movie stayed the track on race car driving, instead of cheap shots, cheap sex. I loved the shots of driving, the racing milieu, the human side as well as the commercial side. Stallone did a good job.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent movie!
lestatslovelylady25 July 2003
This is an excellent movie. Kip Pardue gives a believable performance. Sylvester Stallone did a good job writing and acting in this movie. I would recommend this movie to anyone who wants a fast pace and intense ride.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.