Cookie's Fortune (1999)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 5 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for the depiction of a violent act, and for sensuality|
Sex & Nudity
- Emma and Jason passionately make out in the police headquarters and frantically start to undress each other, but before we see anything else, they go into another room and close the door. Later, it sounds like Emma makes a suggestive comment to Jason wondering if he'd like some "seconds" (but due to our film abruptly stopping at this point and then resuming several seconds later, it's hard to be exactly sure). Emma and Jason make out again in the same place (she feels his clothed butt) and they go off into another room after starting to remove each other's clothes again (but no nudity). Later, we see them leaving that room and finishing getting dressed. When it's mentioned that Camille lost a lot of blood giving birth sometime in the past, Emma says that's impossible "because she never got laid." As Emma bends over while wearing a tank-top, she shows a lot of cleavage.
Violence & Gore
- A woman announces to her dead husband, "Here I come," puts a pillow over her head, and with the pistol in her hand, shoots herself in the head through the pillow (of the latter we only see the pillow's feathers floating through the room). Making the suicide scene look like that of a robbery inspired murder, Camille breaks the glass on a gun case and then a patio door.
- At least 6 "s" words, 15 damns, 4 hells, 1 ass, and 4 uses of "Jesus," 3 of "G-damn," 2 of "My God" and 1 use of "Oh God" as exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- We see Willis drinking shots in a bar, and he's then joined by the bartender/owner who also drinks. We then see Willis take a swig of whiskey from the bottle and he appears a bit inebriated. That same night we see Willis walking down the street drinking from the bottle again. A woman in a bar asks Willis if he wants a drink (at around 1:30 p.m.), but he tells her that he never drinks before Tom Brokaw. After Emma gives Willis a lift, both take quick swigs of whiskey while seated in her truck. Emma pours whiskey into some coffee for Willis. People appear to have wine with their Easter meal at Cookie's house.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Although no suspenseful music accompanies the scene, a woman announces to her dead husband, "Here I come," puts a pillow over her head, and with the pistol in her hand, shoots herself in the head through the pillow (of the latter we only see the pillow's feathers floating through the room).