South Park (1997– )
- "Quintuplets 2000" a.k.a "Janet Reno in a Bunny Suit" (airdate: 26 April 2000): This episode mirrored the U.S. government's removal of Elian Gonzalez from the home of his Miami relatives, an event which occurred three days prior to air.
- "Trapper Keeper" (airdate: 15 November 2000), which parodied the scandal of the 2000 presidential election, which happened a week earlier.
- "It Hits the Fan" (airdate: 20 April 2001): Numerous story changes kept the episode in production all the way up to the airing. Upon its original airing, the show was notably lacking in numerous completed sound effects. Most obvious was the lack of sound during Kenny's death.
- "Osama bin Laden has Farty Pants" (airdate: 7 November 2001): Airing weeks after the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the USA, this episode became one of the first fictional series to address the matter.
- "It's Christmas in Canada" (airdate: 17 December 2003), which acknowledged the capture of Saddam Hussein a mere four days after it took place.
- "Best Friends Forever" (airdate: 30 March 2005), which parodied the media coverage of the Terry Schiavo case.