Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 48 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sci-fi violence and some intense images|
Sex & Nudity
- We see a shirtless man (as he puts on a bathrobe).
- A husband and wife frequently kiss and hug.
- A female alien is shown wearing a dress, which reveals cleavage.
Violence & Gore
- This is the first Star Wars film to have moderate violence.
- This Star Wars film is more violent than the previous ones.
- A certain character gains the high ground.
- There are five lightsaber duels in this movie, two of which have fatalities. A few war zone situations are depicted. No blood appears.
- A man is maimed in fire. He screams and squirms as his hair and skin burn off, and we later see his charred (living) body being operated on.
- In a lightsaber duel, a man leaps into the air, lunging at his opponent, but winds up losing both of his legs and one of his arms in the maneuver, before sliding disabled down a hill toward an extreme hazard.
- A holographic recording of lightsaber duel, in which a teenage girl clashes blades with a man before he disarms and grabs her by the neck, is shown.
- A man slaughters a group of alien dignitaries, ignoring their pleas for mercy and peace.
- A child or young teenager armed with a lightsaber is bombarded and killed by enemy laser fire, after he kills a couple of them with a lightsaber, while defending his home. Horrified, an uninvolved witness screams in shock before retreating from the scene. One of the enemies can be seen being slashed across the throat by the lightsaber.
- Engulfed by electrical stepped leaders, a man hollers as he is electrocuted to death, and his body is sent flying out of the window of a high-rise structure.
- As a man is about to use his lightsaber deliver a lethal blow to another man, a third man slices off his wielding hand before he can do any harm. The dismembered man screams in pain.
- A man pleas for help as his face is mysteriously deformed by electrical stepped leaders striking his body.
- In a lightsaber duel, a man is kicked down to the ground, his weapon falling out of his hands.
- A man armed with a lightsaber lunges at four opponents brandishing lightsabers and quickly kills three of them: stabbing the first to death, slashing the second to death, dueling briefly with the last two before slashing the third to death. Each of the three shrieks or grunts in pain while being attacked.
- Fire streams from an alien's eyes as his exposed innards combust from being struck by laser fire.
- A man fights hand to hand with a bionic alien, after they struggled with each other in a violent high-speed vehicle chase. The man is tossed around a bit by his opponent.
- In a lightsaber duel, three of a four-armed alien's hands are cut off as he is disarmed accordingly.
- After a brief lightsaber duel, a defeated man is decapitated, and his head can be seen rolling on the ground behind his body, but it merely looks like a ball.
- In a lightsaber duel, a man is knocked unconscious after being sent flying and colliding with the side of a platform. He is then nearly crushed by the platform.
- Two men armed with laser rifles are quickly decapitated by the short alien they attempt to ambush.
- There are multiple instances where uniformed combatants use their laser rifles or heavy artillery to bombard and slay a single unsuspecting quasi-uniformed combatant with fatal shots. In one case, they can be seen repeatedly firing upon the downed body of their target.
- An alien perishes as his fighter craft explodes from crashing into a tower as the craft destabilizes from being fired upon by another fighter craft.
- Two Super Battle Droids are set ablaze after the R2-D2 they were harassing ejects oil all over them and ignites it with a built-in flamethrower. However this was done more for comedic effect.
- A man slaughters several children offscreen, and their corpses are shown later in the movie.
- None. There are some insults, though, along with one use of "in the name of".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is a scene where a man is burned and can be very frightening to children. This is also the most violent moment in a Star Wars film to date.
- After being electricuted in a lightsaber duel, an elderly character becomes severly deformed and is very pale, wrinkled and has yellow eyes.
- The appearance of Emperor Palpatine may be too scary for younger children.
- This is the first Star Wars film to receive a PG-13 rating. (similar to Harry Potter film series)
- This Star Wars film is A LOT more intense than the previous films.
- This the darkest Star Wars movie
- Much of the violence described above can be frightening to most age groups. Many, many people including main characters die. There are some very sad moments that could be disturbing to young children.
- Several closeup shots of burn survivor being treated and transformed.
- With his piercing gaze, the closeups of General Grievous' eyes and the wounded-looking flesh surrounding them may be creepy or menacing to some viewers.
- There is a montage where numerous innocent characters (including a group of children off screen) are slaughtered. Could be very upsetting for younger viewers.
- The Sith Lord gives off a peculiar, demonic growl as he performs his triple corkscrew jump toward the Jedi Knights who confront him. The mixed-pitch sound is like a combination of the sounds made by leopards and eagles, and might frighten children.
- During the raid and assault upon the Jedi Temple, a defenseless little boy is briefly shown wincing/shuddering in response to an upset familiar Jedi's lightsaber unexpectedly igniting in the foreground.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is levitated a short distance from the ground while being telekinetically strangled by a man, an instance of spousal abuse. Though he never makes physical contact with her, the tension-filled scene is violent.
- An extremely collaterally-destructive and dramatic fight between Yoda and Sidious ensues, but neither of them is killed. Lightsabers, telekinetically-driven projectiles, directed energy attacks and telekinetic shoving are involved.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Although this film explains how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, the fact he became evil may be upsetting to some viewers.
- As General grievous gets shot by obiwan kenobi you start to see flames coming out of his eyes and shortly afterwards explodes this may be very frightening for younger veiwers
- Anakin is seriously injured slowly after Obi-Wan Kenobi chops off his legs and one arm (see Violence & Gore for more information) and his leg begins to catch fire. We can see graphically how Anakin gets charred as he screams in pain. This is very disturbing. Afterwards, the Emperor sees the aftermath and then we can see work being done on Anakin's charred body. May be disturbing to some viewers.
- Padme gives birth to twins, she screams and cries, and dies moments later: intense to younger viewers.
- The scene where Obi-Wan and Anakin fight each other can be a little bit intense.