Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 31 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for sustained sequences of sci-fi action/violence|
Sex & Nudity
- Once in hiding on her home planet, Padmé wears various outfits that are somewhat revealing. One shows her bare back and shoulders, another is cut low up top, and a third is formfitting and accentuates her figure (and later is ripped in battle at the bottom to reveal her bare midriff).
- At a bar you can see a woman wearing a thong that is very revealing. You can almost see her bare butt but the scene is very brief and lasts about a second.
- There are also various other women throughout the movie who wear revealing clothing.
- Anakin and Padmé kiss passionately on a few occasions. There is some mild flirting between them.
- In bed, with every part of him below his chest covered by sheets, Anakin shirtless or naked is laying on his back.
Violence & Gore
- Lots of sci-fi violence, intense, but no blood or gore is evident, and if so, for a scene or two.
- A woman in severely injured in an explosion. We see her body with some blood around her mouth, as she dies.
- Using a lightsaber, a man dismembers a woman's arm, and for a brief second, the severed body part is shown lying on the ground: no blood.
- A woman's neck is struck by a toxic dart fired by a fleeing sniper: no blood.
- A man and an armored man fight for a prolonged time, with hard punches and kicks knocked at each other. At one point a violent headbutt is shown.
- A child is briefly shown operating a combat vehicle, rotating it and the large, mechanical laser guns mounted to it to fire upon a man, knocking the man off his feet.
- Pursued, a pilot releases two seismic bombs from the back of his spacecraft at the pursuer's ship, which erupt into massive shock waves that wipe out everything in its path. Continuing the pursuit, the evader manages to bring his ship behind that of the pursuer, and releases laser fire at him until the pursuer's ship is hit by a couple blows. Finally, the stalked ship fires a tracking missile that unsuccessfully destroys the stalker. Instead, it explodes and destroys several asteroids.
- In a large coliseum where two men and a woman are subjected to be executed by monstrous animals, one of the creatures released into the arena viciously kills an alien guard by biting down on half of its body and drags it away where it begins devouring its remains.
- A woman is raked across the back by a monster, and we see brief bloody claw marks across her back.
- A large animal flips a vicious creature over, and snaps its arm socket. An audible crack is heard.
- A creature is sliced and stabbed with a lightsaber. We see a character dismember its legs and break its neck with the weapon. Blood is visible on the stumps.
- Uniformed combatants are killed in aerial and terrestrial combat with robots, but no blood is evident. A number of quasi-uniformed combatants are involved in a ground battle as well, some of them perishing, the bodies of the fallen scattered throughout the site of the struggle. In one scene, a combatant is about to execute a man with a lightsaber, but he is shot dead by another opponent, and falls to his demise.
- A teenage man is sent flying across a room as he is briefly electrocuted by his attacker. He shrieks in pain as this occurs, and smoke can be seen floating from his clothing after the electric stepped leaders surrounding him dissipate, but there are no flames.
- In a lightsaber duel, a man is stabbed and wounded in the legs, and we see some mild blood. A teenage man's arm is cut off from the elbow with a lightsaber: no gore.
- A character casually refers to something as "damn good" during friendly conversation.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Various characters drink what is presumably some form of alcohol, in a bar/club.
- A dubious character tries to sell "death sticks" (the nature of which is not specified at all) to Obi-wan, before having a guided change of heart.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Joined by R2-D2 and C-3PO, Anakin and Padmé are faced with all sorts of robotic hazards and unintentional obstacles as they make their way through a gigantic automated factory with foundries and assembly lines.
Violence & Gore
- A woman with bloody cuts and gashes on her face is shown shackled, and it is implied that she was brutally beaten by her captors. She dies in her son's arms when he frees her from her shackles. In a fit of rage, the teenage man brutally murders all the native inhabitants of the captors' camp (including the defenseless women and children). Three are shown decapitated by his lightsaber: no blood.
- Jango Fett is decapitated with a lightsaber (no gore), and his young son is later seen holding the man's helmet in despair.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The assassin Zam Wessel's true form is disturbing. She suddenly morphs into a reptilian creature at various points in the film. Small children will find this scary.
- At night, two poisonous centipede like creatures are released into Padmé's apartment, as part of an assassination attempt to kill her. They crawl into her room and get on her bed, ready to strike, until Anakin intervenes and kills them off. This is a very menacing and frightening scene.
- Anakin, Padmé and Obi-Wan end up chained to separate, tall columns in a gladiator type coliseum where three distinct and quite large monsters (that will easily frighten younger kids by their menacing and monstrous appearances) are herded toward them. One of the creatures kills a guard (biting down onto half his body) while others guards use long pole-like devices to shock the creatures and keep them moving forward.
- There is a scene where Anakin returns from the desert outskirts after murdering a colony of Sand People as a result of his mother dying because of their abuse. He later confesses that he killed not only the men, but the defenseless women and children. He is in frightening angry state throughout this scene.
- The final fight of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda against Count Dooku is quite menacing and intense.
- Multiple hundreds of translucent artificial wombs containing unborn human fetuses and babies can be seen at the cloning facility, which is not intense but may be frightening due to the industrial scale and the plausible yet alien nature of it. The clones in general are referred to as "units" by the aliens responsible for the cloning, the undertone being that everything happens under their supervision.