The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
Sex & Nudity
- Yzma tells Kuzco and Pacha, "I bet you weren't expecting this" as she starts to hike her dress up above her knee. The two cringe at what they expect to see, but it only turns out to be a knife that she gives to Kronk.
- Chicha is visibly pregnant throughout most of the movie; at the end she has the new baby in a back sling.
Violence & Gore
- We briefly see an old man flying out of a high palace window (for throwing off the Emperor's groove - we neither see the actual throwing act or where that man lands, but later see that he's okay).
- Yzma tries to kill Kuzco by poisoning his drink, but we later find out that it was not poison.
- Several moments of "Wile E. Coyote"-style cartoon violence. (Kuzco getting hit in the face with a frying pan, Kronk and Yzma being struck by lightning, etc.) Other than that mild cartoon slapstick violence.
- A chef falls to his death
- Several palace guards fall to their deaths
- A lot of name-calling, insults, and rude humor. No profanity though.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- After Kronk forgets which cup holds Kuzco's poison, he uses a nearby pot like a martini shaker to mix the poison into all of the cups. The drink in question is later identified as wine by Kronk; "Don't drink the wine. Poison."
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Unlike other Disney films, this film is completely self-aware, and has an utterly light-hearted and largely comedic tone where pretty much everything happening in the film is played for laughs, and the main character, Kuzco, is shown breaking the fourth wall numerous times during the film (á la Deadpool). Overall, one of Disney's goofiest and campiest films.
- In a deleted scene, Kuzco's guards are destroying a fake village that resembles Pacha's village that may remind people of armies attacking villages.
- Pacha and Kuzco find themselves tied to a log that's fallen into some rapids and headed for a tall waterfall (that it goes over). Younger kids may find a scene waiting for them to surface as a bit tense.
- Kuzco is briefly stalked by a group of jaguars (played for laughs).
- Pacha and Kuzco are balanced precariously between two rocks, with a group of crocodiles underneath them waiting for them to fall. Moments later, both scorpions and bats menace the two of them (mostly played for laughs).
- Kuzco and Pacha nearly fall to their deaths from the palace roof while defeating Yzma as a kitten.
Sex & Nudity
- The emperor has been turned into a llama and is seen wearing no clothes as a llama