Wag the Dog (1997)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated R for language|
Sex & Nudity
- The movie begins 11 days before a presidential election. Top staff, with private help, create a bogus war with many other phony side distractions. All this is to divert press coverage and public attention away from the accusation of a young girl that the president sexually abused her during a White House event. The encounter is not shown but it is referred to several times in the movie. Another scene has a man ogling a woman in a short skirt as she bends down to pick up clothes to hang on a clothes line. He pursues her and she screams and runs into the house.
Violence & Gore
- War is talked about quite a lot, and the over all mood of the movie is dark albeit hilarious.
- 7 uses of the f-word and 19 uses of the s-word.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Lots of alcohol is drunk and many people smoke constantly, drugs are referenced to though not shown directly.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A plane flies through an intense storm; afterward we see the main characters in the wreckage.
- A man sexually asaults a girl off-screen, and is shot dead (off screen) by her father.
- A character is known to be a violent and psychotic rapist; his character is creepy and may be disturbing.