Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some thematic elements emphasizing sexuality, and for language|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman gets in a bathtub, as we see her bare feet and a towel dropping, which she says "I'll be there in a minute" to her husband. It's implied that she masturbates, only shoulders and up, however, can be seen, and the shoulders aren't even moving. She says, "Oh my, oh my, oh my"; and a slight reference to orgasm can be seen, as a tree bursts into flames. Meant for comedy.
- A painting shows full-frontal female nudity. We see her realistic breasts and regional area. There is that picture also in colour. There is also a male painting showing full frontal nudity.
- Moderate sexual references throughout. For example, there is a joke about "safe sex", on old TV, where two beds are separated by a bedside table. (Perhaps mocking the strict Hays' Code. Which, funnily enough, most movies would break.) Also, There are several implied scenes of sex. In one scene, it is implied that a woman is masturbating in the bath; there are also a couple of other moments in which it is suggested that young couples are having sex in cars.
Violence & Gore
- Gore: None
- A mob forms at the diner and a young man throws a rock through Mr. Johnson's full window painting. Another does the same, and then several men throw a park bench through the window. The mob then breaks into the diner and ransacks the place. Later, the mob also burns many books.
- Fights. Punching. Not that bad. In the same sort of scene, however. One ends up with a bloody lip. This is infrequent, and within that particular scene, as well.
- At least 1 f***, 2 shits and 3 damns.
- About 5 instances of "hell" as an expletive. Over 50 instances of "God" as an expletive.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drugs: None
- Alcohol: None
- Reese Witherspoon's character lights a cigarette, inhales and exhales one time and then gives it to her friend who holds, but not smokes, it while Reese's character chats with a boy.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The riots may be intense.