The Deep End of the Ocean (1999)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for language and thematic elements|
Sex & Nudity
- Husband kisses and gropes his wife. Wife says she wants to use a condom.
- A group of adults talk about how woman used to say "I can't imagine going a month without it!"
- A young nine year old girl's underwear is seen, in one scene.
Violence & Gore
- A woman has a nervous breakdown and bites her husband's hand when he tries to calm her down. He yells out.
- A teenage boy accidentally knocks his younger brother while they're playing basketball. The brother quickly apologizes and asks if he's okay, but the father, who has witnessed the whole thing, comes storming out, pushes the older brother, and yells at him.
- The "F" word is used a couple times, and the terms "Jesus" and "Jesus Christ" are used in vain by a teenage boy on more than one occasion. Other than that, there are a few uses of shit, hell, bitch, damn, and crap.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Several scenes throughout the movie where characters are shown smoking cigarettes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A woman has an emotional breakdown five hours after her child disappears. She screams and yells her son's name. The paramedics come rushing in to calm her down and give her a sedative.
- A husband and wife get into a screaming match in one scene, blaming each other for the disappearance of their son. The husband finally snaps and screams that kids don't just get lost; people lose them. Their 7-year-old child is listening from another room, and he gets so upset that he goes up to his baby sister's room and puts his hand over her mouth and nose, trying to get her to scream. She finally lets out a huge scream, and the parents come rushing upstairs to calm her down. It is a very emotional scene.