Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 5 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong language including sex and drug references, teen drinking and brief nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- A man strips completely naked; we see his bare buttocks, and a few quick glimpses of his genitals. A character constantly cracks extremely crude sex jokes throughout the movie. Several other casual, though often quite graphic sexual references.
Violence & Gore
- There is constant tension between the convenience store owner and all the main characters. At one point, a confrontation results in a gun being pulled, but nobody gets hurt. We are lead to believe that a character beat a woman to death, but she turns up okay.
- Excessive, non-stop use of the F-word, and it is often used very harshly. Too many to count. The entire movie is filled to the brim with profanity.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A few characters are alcoholics. Beer and liquor are consumed throughout the entire film. Cigarettes are smoked in almost every scene. A character is a pothead, and occasionally talks enthusiastically about marijuana.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Lots of emotional tension between the characters, and a lingering feeling of impending violence. The film is extremely bitter and cynical, and many will be disturbed by it's pessimistic tone.