In the scene where Chris Perez (played by Jon Seda) first appears, the close up of his hands playing the guitar are in fact the hands of the real Chris Pérez. See more »
During the part where AB gets the bus stuck in a ditch, there's an error with consistency. When they drive away to get gas and during the times they're stranded in the middle of nowhere and hitching a ride to the nearest phone, it's daytime. When AB calls Abraham to tell him they got stuck, he and Marcella are already in bed asleep. See more »
I've been thinking about the crossover tour a lot. I've even had dreams about it. It's just this whole different world for us, you know? We've been working for this ever since we were kids. I guess I'm a little scared...
Are they gonna love me, Mama?
Yes, Mija, they're gonna love you.
See more »
The producers wish to thank The Quintanilla Family See more »
The TNT and Superstation versions include the following additions:
1. An extra scene with young Selena at her new school; the children in the classroom make fun of her name
2. A scene outside Selena's school; Selena is sititng down crying and her sister comes over to comfort her
3. A short shot of Selena's mother mopping on a balcony before Abraham is seen talking on the phone about Selena's talent
4. A scene where Selena's mom and dad are discussing how they cannot stay with their relatives much longer because it is so overcrowded
5. The shot of the Selena, her siblings and her cousins leaving for school is slightly longer and ends with a school bell ringing, which leads into the 1st school scene mentioned above.
6. A scene where Selena Y Los Dinos get the news that they will be signed to a record deal with EMI Latin
7. The song "No Me Queda Mas" that Selena sings after "Bidi Bidi Bom Bom" and the song "Si Una Vez" that she sings at her final concert are both extended.
On the Radio
Music by Giorgio Moroder
Lyrics by Donna Summer
Produced by A.B. Quintanilla (as A.B. Quintanilla III)
Budde Music, Inc. (ASCAP) & Sweet Summer Night Music (BMI)
Budde Music, Inc. administered by WB Music Corp. (ASCAP)
Courtesy of Q Productions, Inc.
Performed by Selena See more »
Simple, basic and extremely powerful!
I only sat down to watch this movie because I smelled sex appeal. Probably before the movie started I could not tell you which was Jennifer and which was Selena. But by the end of the movie I was an emotional basket case.
The movie itself is simple and basic. It is innocent and honest and you kind of think to yourself that SELENA feels like a TV movie although the acting is solid. But unlike any TV movie something happens -- the movie jells -- and the end hits you as sudden and hard as a lightning strike.
SELENA and MAN IN THE MOON are the only two movies that make my eyes water just by thinking of them.
25 of 30 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this