Money Talks (1997) Poster

(1997)

Good time at the movies (w/plot summary)
mcomer20 February 2001
Plot summary: Franklin Hatchett (Tucker) is a small time con man who instantly becomes famous (or infamous depending on how you look at it) after he escapes from prison. Mistakenly wanted for murder by the police and wanted for robbery by a gang of crooks, Hatchett's only hope to clear his name and get out of this mess is a television reporter named James Russell (Sheen).

This movie was just a good time. After seeing Rush Hour with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, I wanted to go back and see earlier comedies with Chris Tucker in a starring role. (I already saw Dead Presidents, The 5th Element and Friday, but they either weren't comedies or he wasn't a starring character.)

Again, this movie was a good time. It doesn't deserve to win any awards, but it's just fun to watch. The entire cast offers great performances, while it's always good to see Paul Sorvino perform. While Tucker's character isn't exactly the nicest guy, the audience feels bad for him. The audience is made to feel that he does what he does because he has to. In his situation, I don't think many people would do otherwise. While he does take things to extremes, the movie wouldn't be as fun if he didn't.

I would recommend this movie to any comedy fan, "buddy movie" fan or fan of the actors.
23 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Hilarious
SMLA112 June 2002
Chris Tucker and Charlie Sheen are excellent and hilarious in this great movie. Almost all of the jokes that Chris Tucker made I laughed at. He proved once again, after Friday fame, that he is a great comic. Charlie sheen does really good in this one, too.

Overall the whole movie is a great comedic flick and I definitely, definitely recommend this to the average person. Rating 10 out of 10.
27 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Chris Tucker + Charlie Sheen = Brilliant
Lahhlay M24 June 2009
A Classic Action Comedy. This in my opinion is Chris Tucker at his best. From the opening scene to the end, Chris Tucker is hilarious. From the funny looking hair cut to the cussing and singing, he reminds you of Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop. Charlie Sheen also does an impressive job. The action scenes are not spectacular, but it does a good job.

Money talks is a good blend of Guns/Explosions and laughter. If your a fan of 48 Hours, Nothing To Lose or any other Action Comedy, Money talks is a must see.

7.4/10
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
Chris Tucker is a joy to see
lilred_3280526 January 2002
Chris Tucker is brilliant in Money Talks. He is definitely a crowd pleaser and has made a name for himself. His fast talking clever ways of getting him in and out of trouble are very amusing. In this movie he manages to outsmart the bad guys, which I love to see. He is just hilarious, and the funniest man in the world! I love his movies, and in this movie people get to see what they love, pure Tucker at his best of high-pitched motor mouth ways. I love his Scarface impression, it shows his comedic talents. It is definitely time for Tucker to take over where Eddie Murphy left off. Hail the new King of Comedy!!
15 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Chris Tucker and Paul Sorvino should have had more scenes together
Lee Eisenberg3 October 2007
The movie that made director Brett Ratner a recognizable name is mostly another white-yuppie-and-black-ghetto-guy-have-to-join-up kind of story (summer 1997 also saw the release of the Tim Robbins-Martin Lawrence buddy comedy "Nothing to Lose"). But as far as I'm concerned, Chris Tucker - who earlier that summer had starred in "The Fifth Element" - is always funny enough to merit at least some recognition; and anyway, this sort of flick is supposed to be silly. While Charlie Sheen is far less entertaining in his role, Paul Sorvino played such an interesting character that I agreed with one of my friends that he and Chris Tucker should have gotten more scenes together. Truth be told, I'd actually never heard of Vic Damone until I saw this movie.

OK, so maybe we could be cynical and say that Chris Tucker just gets the same role in every movie. I still consider him funny, and I wish to assert that "Money Talks" is good for a few laughs. Worth seeing if only for that.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
People Should Talk...Through This Film.
Python Hyena10 September 2015
Money Talks (1997): Dir: Brett Ratner / Cast: Chris Tucker, Charlie Sheen, Heather Locklear, Elise Neal, Paul Sorvino: Standard comedy about the trouble that results when influenced by greed and money. Charlie Sheen plays a reporter who is trying to reveal con artist Chris Tucker. Tucker escapes police custody when the transporting bus explodes and several cops are killed. Tucker is blamed and a manhunt begins. Sheen, looking for the ultimate story, uncovers the real story thus landing him in alignment with Tucker. Typical formula with a climax to match although production pays off during the stadium sequence. Story functions around Tucker's wild antics and unnecessary elements such as Sheen's engagement to Heather Locklear. Director Brett Ratner handles the action with decent production. This is more or less a stage for Tucker's antics but he and Sheen collaborate very well. Locklear is never involved in the plot. She is simply a prop for Tucker to make some sort of embarrassing impression upon during a public event. It might have been practical had Sheen's character not been involved with anyone thus sparing viewers a lame subplot. Paul Sorvino plays Locklear's father and even that role isn't worth him even showing up for auditions for. While the film is well made technically, money is all talk in advertising this mediocre action film. Score: 3 / 10
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
This funny, lively, often violent action comedy is well done.
Lucien Lessard2 May 2007
A low-level smooth talking hustler by the name of Franlin Hatchet (Chris Tucker) is on the run from the police, after a jailbreak. Which he is falsely accused of planning a violent jailbreak. Now the whole city is on his trail and the only one, who could clear his name is an ambitious television reporter James Russell (Charlie Sheen). Which is the only reason why Franklin was sent to prison, because of James. Now together, they find each other mixed-up with cops, crooks and euro-trash bad guys. Which Franklin knows that the man (Gerard Ismael) was chained-up with in the bus. He was trying to retrieve a fortune in diamonds.

Directed by Brett Rather (Rush Hour Trilogy, X-Men 3:The Last Stand, Red Dragon) made an highly entertaining comedy with enough thrills and humour. Although the premise is familiar but Tucker's energetic comical performance makes this worth watching.

DVD has an sharp anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1) transfer (also in Pan & Scan) and an strong-Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. DVD includes the original theatrical trailer, cast information and star highlights by Tucker and Sheen. After the box office success of this film, Tucker went on the one of the leads of the "Rush Hour" movies. Paul Sorvino is amusingly cast as Russell's future father-in-law. Written by Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow. Which they wrote films together like "Garfield", "Garfield:A Tale of Two Kitties" and "Toy Story". Tucker also executive produced the film. Super 35. (****/*****).
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
Probably the worst "comedy" of the year.
Dave-4068 February 1999
This so-called comedy loses all track of direction, makes "comedic" use of extreme violence and bloodshed, is pointless and inane, uses profanity instead of wit, and dulls the intelligence level of its watchers. I evidently had a masochistic urge when I turned it on and stuck to it. It is blissfully short and makes ill-use of Sheen, Sorvino and Locklear. (Their agents should have known better.)
8 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
i reject your reality and substitute my own...
wombathappiness9 June 2007
1) unregistered helicopters ALWAYS get to fly at low altitudes through out a city without drawing any suspicion from the police or military

2)a buss loaded with enough c4 to blow it in half and ten feet in the air will always leave survivors

3) police always open fire on an unarmed man in the middle of a crowded restaurant.

4) a local street reporter can afford a 10,000sq ft. apartment in l.a.

5) Chris tucker deserves any type of a career at all

these are all realities in coo coo ville, the wonderful land where this script was born. a land where the rivers run with gold and sugar falls from the sky.

it's just a shame that Charlie Sheen and Principal Vernon got drug into this travesty
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
This movie wanted money to talk, but money had to sit in the corner.
mesmorizedmind8 April 2003
Contains Spoiler I heard this was a funny action movie from a friend. When I saw the commercial for it, I wanted to see it because Chris Tucker was in it. Then years passed by, and no one really talked about the movie. Well I finally decided to see it, and boy am I glad that I punched myself in the face afterwards. This movie is very stupid. You learn the story in the first five minutes, that is to say you would learn the story if there was one.

Chris Tucker is loud and obnoxious the entire movie. The funniest line in the movie was "PHAT - Pretty Hot and Tempting." Unfortunately, they showed this line in the commercials for the theatrical debut. This movie is not funny despite the amount of profanity used. I'm usually a big fan of profanity, but it just wasn't working here.

Basically the movie is one and a half hours of non-stop action. Here's something I don't get: Tucker was seen associated with the bad guy, and so he thought he was framed, but why doesn't he clear his name? How is chasing after the bad guy and risking your life for no reason going to clear your name? Why do all the cops shoot first and ask questions later? This is in no way a portrait of real life, and I didn't expect it to be, but the amount of exaggeration in this movie is appalling and insulting. There's a difference between a good action movie, and a bad action movie. Just because there's a lot of action doesn't make it a good action movie. The action wasn't even that good.

Tucker is a low-life hustler in this movie. How did he manage to be the "coolest" guy at the banquet? Why would the father of the bride actually believe he was someone else without looking at an ID or something? How could he possibly believe he was Italian? I suppose that could be funny if it wasn't outright stupid. Why does Tucker keep hustling? His home and his wife should've kept him straight, but I suppose it's because he was hustling that he has a wife and a good home. I shouldn't over analyze this tripe, after all it's just a comedy/action and it's not supposed to be taken seriously. It's best forgetting this movie was ever made.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Well Worth Your Money.
phillafella20 November 2003
MONEY TALKS is a good showcase for Chris Tucker, who utterly saves the project from being a disappointment. Here, he plays a street hustler who is wrongly accused of murder. Charlie Sheen is the reporter who risks his engagement to his fiancee (Heather Locklear) to help Tucker out. While the action isn't all that good, Sheen and Tucker's chemistry makes up for it in this above-average comedy.

3 out of 5
9 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Mindless crap
jimjam20-217 January 2002
Meh. The combo of Tucker & Sheen as the uptight reporter & loud mouth ex-con don't make for a very entertaining duo. Sheen is useless & Tucker is just a young wanna be Eddie Murphy. Had this been done in the 80s with Murphy & a good actor as the straight man, it might have worked. (Didn't Murphy & Nick Nolte do a cop/ex con duo in the 80s?) Same differance here, except little to no talent involved.
7 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Meh (Sarcasm may follow)
southernmissfan1310 April 2005
How many buddy films must Hollywood churn out? A mildly entertaining, but repetitive flick for a late-night, TBS watch. It's odd how Charlie Sheen went from starring in one of the best war films of all time (Platoon) to silly movies like this. There are some laughs here, but most of the "comedy" is centered around Tucker's stereotypical "urban blackness". Chris Tucker's only role in this movie (and others) is so that middle-class, white people can laugh at those silly black people.

Sheen is a local TV reporter whose report on a local hustler (Tucker) helps get him arrested. When Tucker's character is framed for a murder he didn't commit, he turns to Sheen for help.

If there's nothing else on television, give it a shot, but don't spend money on it. I recommend the similar, but better (still by no means fine cinema, but funnier and more entertaining than Money Talks) Rush Hour, also starring Tucker along with Jackie Chan.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Entertaining but hardly worthwhile
MovieAddict201617 February 2005
The only thing that can be said for "Money Talks" is that it held my interest. No, it's not a great film, but then again few comedies of this sort are. For what it is, the film entertained me enough to recommend it. Tucker and Sheen have rather good chemistry together, albeit it in a less-than-spectacular way.

Essentially the plot is a bunch of nonsense, it's just an excuse to see another white man/black man buddy comedy in the vein of "Lethal Weapon," "Running Scared," etc.

This is not a "good" movie but if it's on TV you might as well give it a go, it's hardly awful and certainly better than it could have turned out to be.

5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Not bad.
Steve-33128 February 1999
This film was ok. But not as good as some would say. Chris Tucker and Charlie Sheen work well together. But out of the 2 of them I'd say that Chris Tucker stole the show. He plays this cocky guy who gets framed for murder. Charlie Sheen plays reporter James Russell who was responsible for getting him arrested in the beginning of the film. Then as a bus of fugitives were being transferred to another Jail a terrorist on the bus has his group break him lose. James Russell {Sheen} tries to help Hatchet{Tucker} prove to the city that he is innocent.

This movie has some bad language but I have heard worse.

So see this movie for yourself. Then tell me what you think
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
Chris Tucker Rocks in "Money Talks!"
zardoz-1326 April 2013
In the feverishly-paced, interracial action comedy "Money Talks," hyper-kinetic comic Chris Tucker plays Franklin Hatchett, a two-bit, street-wise, ticket-scalping hustler pursued by a trigger-happy Belgian diamond smugglers, thuggish loan sharks, corrupt cops, and his own pregnant girlfriend. In his first starring role, Tucker clearly wants to imitate Eddie Murphy. Co-starring Charlie Sheen as a frustrated news reporter, a persuasive supporting cast, featuring Paul Sorvino and Heather Locklear, and crackling direction by Brett Ratner in his debut, "Money Talks" is nothing but rambunctious fun. The key to "Money Talks" is whether you find Chris Tucker either entertaining or obnoxious as a whiny-voiced dynamo whose motor-mouth never stops.

If you've seen the doper farce "Friday" or last summer's mega-budget science fiction saga "The Fifth Element," you'll recognize Tucker by his bulging cue-ball eyes, pouting bottom lip, and beetle brows. Acting like Buckwheat with a subversive attitude, Tucker's trademark is his helium-pitched, fast-paced delivery with profanity between every other word. He can rattle off a line of dialogue faster than a Federal Express commercial. When Tucker isn't dodging bullets and careening in cars in "Money Talks," he is jive-talking and wise-cracking with the kind of brazen effrontery that either makes you laugh harder or aggravates you to no end. The screenplay by "Toy Story" scribes Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow uses the classic theme of mistaken identity. Franklin is raking in some cool bucks as a scammer who fences stolen property at his car wash. Along comes scoop-hungry television news reporter James Russell (Charlie Sheen of "Platoon") who gets Hatchett arrested for soliciting goods.

The incredulous Hatchett winds up shackled to an unidentified Belgian crook. Nobody recognizes the infamous Raymond Villard (Gérard Ismaël of "Spécial Police"). During a routine bus transfer, Villard's henchmen blow up the vehicle and rescue their boss. Franklin survives by virtue of his being cuffed to the evil Villard. Aboard their escape helicopter, Franklin learns about a cache of $15 million in diamonds. Before the villains can kill him, our hero bails out of the chopper and splashes into the ocean. But Franklin is only leaping from one frying pan to another. It seems the L.A.P.D. has accused him of killing the fourteen prisoners and two police guards on the bus. Hatchett contacts Russell because he believes the news reporter might help him. Russell agrees to harbor the fugitive so he can get an exclusive as well as convince his British boss Barclay (David Warner of "Titanic") to re-hire him. Even that backfires when Russell finds himself implicated in Franklin's crime.

Although the Cohen and Sokolow screenplay adheres to a predictable formula, the story generates enough thrills and chills as well as a neatly planted surprise or two to pass muster. Basically, "Money Talks" amounts to a chase thriller with all the villains pursuing Franklin. They're prepared to kill Franklin as well as anybody else who gets in their way. Meanwhile, not only must Russell keep Franklin alive, he also must humor the wealthy parents of his bride-to-be Grace Cipriani ("Melrose Place's" Heather Locklear). Happily, the plot confines both Grace and her catty mom Connie (Veronica Cartwright of "Alien") to their mansion. A lesser script would have involved them in a kidnapping plot. Most of the time, the film focuses on Franklin's center camera efforts to negotiate with his various enemies and adversaries. Freshman helmer Ratner supercharges the action with such momentum that it rarely let up on it fast and furious pace. If the second to a winning comedy is maintaining a lively, timely, breakneck clip, Ratner succeeds in spades. "Money Talks" careens from one plot twist to the next with marvelous abandon. Ratner nimbly directs a genuinely exciting chase scene, an explosive assault-on-the-bus scene, and the gunslinging pyrotechnical finale at the Los Angeles Coliseum where everybody wields a weapon. When he isn't proving his talent helming these second-unit action scenes, Ratner has fun playing Tucker and Sheen off each other.

The solid, dependable, square-jawed Sheen makes a convincing straight man for Tucker. He is a news reporter with aspirations to join CBS-TV's "60 Minutes." Sheen's scenes with Tucker crackle with live-wire energy as the two spar with each other. The fierce, pugnacious camaraderie between these guys recalls the feisty relationship between Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte in "48 Hrs," and that's what makes Tucker and Sheen such an offbeat and hilarious pair. Wolfish Gérard Ismaël turns in an appropriately guttural performance that captures the hard-edged notoriety of the Belgian antagonist. The rest of the cast, including Sorvino as Russell's future father-in-law, Veronica Cartwright as the sneering wife, and Locklear as Russell's pretty bride acquit themselves well in peripheral roles. In minor roles, Paul Gleason of "Trading Places" stands out as a sympathetic but suspicious Lieutenant Bobby Pickett and Michael Wright as one of Franklin's schoolyard chums.

"Money Talks" compares favorably to the old buddy comedies of Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder because it only wants to be a rollicking barrel of monkeys. If Chris Tucker can keep making agile comedies that click like "Money Talks," then Eddie Murphy has something to worry about.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
A Classic 90's Comedy
adonis98-743-18650325 September 2017
Sought by police and criminals, a small-time huckster makes a deal with a TV newsman for protection. Money Talks finds actors Chris Tucker and Charlie Sheen at their best with no doubt especially Tucker has some freaking hilarious lines and the 3rd act is full action with grenades, thugs, weapons and all hell breaks loose no doubt. The film also packs great music such as You're the First, The Last, My Everything Performed by Barry White. The film is action packed, it's hilarious and above all it finds both it's stars and the director at their best and sure as hell you don't want to miss it. I'll give Money Talks a A+ it's without a great great action comedy.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Comedy 'talks'
smla024 January 2003
***

Starring: Chris Tucker and Charlie Sheen.

A small time hustler must team up with a not-so-great news reporter and use him for protection. The reason he must use him is because a prison bus blows up and frees a criminal mastermind. The police and criminals blame Tucker, so now he's on the run.

The movie delivers some good-hearted fun and great characters. Sheen and Tucker shine.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
Money shouts would have been a better title.....
FlashCallahan19 February 2017
Sought by police and criminals, a small-time hustler makes a deal with a TV newsman for protection....

You have to love David O' Russell, he gave Tucker a new lease of life, and with Silver Linings Playbook, it proved that Tucker wasn't the living, breathing doppelganger of Jar Jar Binks..

But this film is the absolute pits, and consists of nothing more than Tucker trying to upstage everyone who shares the screen with him, by shouting at the top of his voice and thinking that profanity is the height of good humour.

Ratner must have thought that Tucker was the new Eddie Murphy, but where them two have similarities, they are both men, at least Murphy showed restraint in his performances, that's why he was so successful in the eighties.

But to have to tolerate a film rather than let it entertain you is an ordeal, and it doesn't help that actors like Sheen and Sorvino look thoroughly embarrassed to be in this film.

The script is full of awful stereotypes that would even put British seventies sitcoms to shame, and the whole film has an air of misogyny running through its slimy back.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Chris Tucker carries it
TBJCSKCNRRQTreviews10 September 2004
The one reason to see this movie is to experience Tucker, who is as funny and energetic as ever in this somewhat daft attempt at a buddy-comedy action flick. Sheen and Tucker have too little chemistry to pull it off, and the whole thing just winds up being carried entirely by Tucker's great performance, which is the only thing in the film worth mentioning. The plot is good enough, I guess, but it seems like it was mainly just written to do a buddy comedy pairing up Tucker and Sheen, and comes off as a little forced. The film has a decent pace, but the main reason for watching the whole thing is, you guessed it, Tucker's performance(which is disappointing, since Sheen and Locklear both are known to be humorous and entertaining in other productions). The acting ranges, and at best is pretty good. Pretty much everyone but Tucker seem a little bored with their roles, and don't do very much to bring their characters to life. The characters are well-written and mostly credible. I did find the mix of characters somewhat humorous and thought out, even if a few of the major characters seemed to be clichés or stereotypes. The humor is pretty good, though some of it seems a little forced. Most of Tucker's scenes are good, though, and he mostly manages to entertain you. The dialog is fairly well-written and entertaining. All in all, for a failed attempt at a buddy comedy, it's decent. Tucker's performance pushes it just above average. The action is decent, as well. I recommend it exclusively to fans of Chris Tucker. 6/10
Good Action Comedy
kenandraf3 February 2003
Good popcorn B action movie that delivers what it promises.Nothing spectacular but is funny for those who like urban humor with action.Tucker displays his star power here but Sheen was not given too much to do.Average all around production.Better seen on TV.Could have been better with higher quality script/screenplay.Only for fans of the genre and big fans of the lead actors........
You people make me sick
dpskywalker17 July 2001
Would you people stop criticising this film for such moronic things as 'it makes humor with violence' and 'it uses profanity as comedy instead of wit.' All this movie is is a stage for Chris Tucker to perform on. It's not out to win academy awards, it's out to entertain the 18-30 year olds, and that's exactly what it does. As far as the profanity goers, how many of you have watched an Eddie Murphy movie on network television? "Kiss my gosh darn foot. And suck my toes" isn't funny. "Kiss my Motherf***ing a$$. And suck my D!*k" is. That's why we have ratings. Swearing is funny, and it adds to the charachter Tucker is trying to portray. So watch this movie, pull the carrott out of your but, and enjoy it! :)
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
Chris Tucker is majestic; the rest of this film isn't.
ChoiBaby28 March 1999
Franklin Hatchett (Chris Tucker) is a loquacious small-time con artist, hustler, and "player" by duty. James Russell (Stone-faced Charlie Sheen, looking anemic in his business attire) is a determined, ambitious news reporter for Channel 12 who is more than interested in scooping out the best stories in the heat street. Both Hatchett and Russell inevitably collide with one another...and like two positively charged ions...they do not have a very amiable relationship. However, when the two both happen to stumble upon a stash of valuable diamonds...no sooner do they find themselves in the midst of a sophisticated conspiracy involving international terrorists. Also, when murder and mayhem comes into play...the two end up running from the law as well...

The two must put aside their differences if they are to work together. Unfortunately, that is going to take a lot of work.

MONEY TALKS is Chris Tucker's first starring role. He is great as a vituperative funnyman and a marvelous comedian. Tucker controls the scene and grabs all of the attention from the audience. This hyperactive comedian who shows an in-your-face fashion style is undeniably fabulous. He shows plenty of alacrity and self-assurance beneath the out of control exuberance. In short, Chris Tucker's performance makes this film bearable.

It is a shame that the same lauds cannot be given towards the film as to Chris Tucker. MONEY TALKS is a silly, often pointlessly impudent film. The harsh profanity in this movie is enough to make both Howard Stern and Jerry Springer shudder. Even without the profanity, MONEY TALKS has very little strengths to redeem this film besides Chris Tucker of course! The plot is hackneyed, the characters (except for Chris Tucker's role as a cunning car washer) are uninteresting, and the bad guys are ludicrously stereotypical. Sheen himself is horrendous as a moronic news reporter. His acting fails to convey any depth, or any personality in contrast to Tucker's wildly vacillating performance.

There are some exciting scenes with the myriad of shoot-outs, car chases and car wrecks, explosions, and the grand finale inside a football coliseum to keep the audience awake with the punctuating loud noises and blood boiling. The show stealing Chris Tucker is memorable and hysterical. Still, MONEY TALKS becomes a tiring action-comedy, formulaic and paltry. Some plot elements in MONEY TALKS evidently do not make sense. Instances include incidents when it is so obvious that the bad guys have murdered innocent bystanders...yet the bone-headed cops happen to place all the blame on our two leading heroes. Also, why is it that the bad guys are always one step ahead of both Tucker and Sheen?

It is sad to announce that the chemistry between Tucker and Sheen doesn't seem to balance... Sorry, it's just that the two are from completely different worlds. Chris Tucker is too motivated while Charlie Sheen is annoyingly...priggish and rigid. Sheen just doesn't have a sense of humor!

In summary, MONEY TALKS is pure idiocy, but somewhat entertaining. Chris Tucker is the only saving grace and watch this movie just to see his astounding leading man debut. This mediocre action-comedy is enlivened by Tucker's way too enthusiastic performance. Otherwise, MONEY TALKS is incredibly unexciting. Again, if it was not for Chris Tucker, MONEY TALKS would have been a depressing movie. MONEY TALKS is a satisfactory film to an extent, but not great by any means. An undistinguishable motion picture from hundreds of cliché buddy pictures.

RATING: ** out of ****.