Liar Liar (1997)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 35 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sex related humor and language|
Sex & Nudity
- When Audrey asks Fletcher on the phone why he couldn't come to Max's birthday, he answers that he was having sex, and Audrey says she hopes it was with someone special
- This movie contains sexual content and humor. There are a lot of talks and humor about sex.
- Jim Carey is in an elevator with an attractive woman who is wearing a revealing outfit. She says she is new to the building, and that "Everyone's been real nice.". Jim Carey (who at this point cannot lie), says "That's because you have big jugs." He tries to correct himself but it only results in more references to the size of her breasts, and then him saying he wants to squeeze them, and acting like a baby and making sucking noises... She is obviously angry about this and punches him in the eye.
- A woman gets aroused with a man while the man is obviously uncomfortable about it. She then removes his clothes and bites his lips.
- A man tells his wife that he likes her moaning during sex and makes roaring sounds to imitate it.
- Fletcher comments that it'll help his career to make a partner squeal.
- While trying to get a witness to admit sleeping with Mrs. Cole, Fletcher confronts him with, "You stuffed her like a Thanksgiving turkey...You gave her dog a sausage..." And makes gobbling sounds to imitate the moaning The man finally admits it and says, "All right. I humped her brains out."
- Fletcher makes references to penis size and erectile dysfunction. This is very brief. When a co-worker asks him, "How's it hanging?" (meaning how is it going), Fletcher replies, "Short, shriveled, and always to the left."
- We also hear a tape recording of a woman moaning during sex when it's played in court, but it's brief
Violence & Gore
- To make it look like he has been beat up, Fletcher hits himself in the face and rubs hand washing soap into his eyes. He then tears up his clothes, pulls on his hair, pours trash onto himself, and then repeatedly slams a toilet seat onto his head. He finally throws his body into the wall and when a passerby asks what he's doing, Fletcher replies, "I'm kicking my ass."
- Fletcher crashes a "flight of stairs" (used to board airplanes) and falls onto some luggage. A woman punches a man in the eye. He is later seen with a black eye. Comedic.
- Many times through out the movie a woman slaps fletcher in the face. No blood though. Comedic.
- Fletcher steels a flight of stairs and is slaming his fist against the window of the plane.
- 5 uses of "shit", 1 use of "son of a bitch", 5 uses of "dick", 1 use of "prick", 1 use of "piss", 4 uses of "ass" (1 used with "hole"), 4 uses of "bastard", 1 use of "retard", 1 use of "slut", 5 uses of "damn" (1 is "goddamn"), 4 uses of "hell", a couple slang terms were used for "breasts": boobs & jugs. 1 use of "jerk-off", 10 religious exclamations. No F-Bombs were used in the movie, but the middle finger gesture is used once.
- Cuss words:
- 4 uses of bastard
- 1 use of hell
- 4 uses of ass (3 used with hole). MTV's airing of the film generously replaces this word with "butt" in order for teenage and young adult audiences.
- 2 uses of retard
- 5 uses of shit,
- 1 son of a bitch
- 2 pr*cks
- 4 uses of d*ck
- 1 use of goddamn
- 1 hand gesture, the middle finger
- 2 uses of piss
- 1 use of slut
- Slang Terms: jugs, boobs
- Obscenities: jerk off
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A homeless man asks Fletcher if he could spare change and Fletcher says yes he could but doesn't because he believes the homeless man will buy booze with it.
- A flight attendant asks Fletcher's ex-wife if she wants anything to drink. She replies, "Anything with alcohol" and then quickly consumes the drink once she gets it.
- Fletcher acts very weird and some kids may think he is drunk, he is not though.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some may be disturbed when Fletcher beats himself up although played for laughs
- Some may find Fletchers behavior to be disturbing and odd
Sex & Nudity
- Miranda becomes increasingly aroused about Fletcher's work on the Cole case and proceeds to aggressively kiss him and bite his lower lip. When we next see the two engaging in foreplay Fletcher, who is on the phone with Audrey, makes the excuse that he won't be able to come by because his boss is "riding him".