Belle prepares the castle for Christmas against Beast's wishes, trying to bring him happiness for the season. Forte, a pipe organ, fears that Belle's plans may eventually bring about an end to the curse... the curse that brought him more importance in the Master's life. Forte uses Fife, a flute who desperately wants a solo, to destroy Belle's plans and get rid of her.
R. John Berggren <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Did You Know?
The storybook that Belle gives to the Beast as a present, is written in the French language. See more
Throughout the film the chip in Chip's cup form switches from left to right. See more
Belle... what's - Christmas?
Oh, Chip, you must know about Christmas. Stockings in front of the fire. Tree? Tinsle? Presents?
Presents! Will I get one?
Of course, everyone gets a present on Christmas.
Aw, even the master?
Yes, even the master.
When the film was re-released on Blu-Ray and DVD in 2011, the following edits for the remastered version brought some small changes from previous releases of the film:
- The film is matted to match widescreen formats, while the original release was held in a 1.33:1 aspect ratio.
- The colors obviously, are slightly pale.
- When Belle sings "It'll stay up until July..." in the original release, the camera is at a Dutch angle, where as in the later release, it is straight.
- When Forte introduces himself to Belle ("I am Miestro Forte, court composer...") the sound appears to be slightly out of synchronization and there is a slight pause focusing on the steps before the camera pans up to Forte.
- When Forte shouts "I THINK NOT!" there is a keyhole cutaway when the camera zooms out, in the earlier releases, there is none.
- The Christmas angel on the tree at the end of the flashback is replaced by one resembling Angelique.
- The end credits are golden yellow like the end credits of the first movie instead of chalk white like in the earlier releases.
Follows Beauty and the Beast
O Christmas Tree
Traditional tune, lyrics by Ernst Anschütz
Performed by Paige O'Hara See more