Alien: Resurrection (1997)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong sci-fi violence and gore, some grotesque images, and for language|
Sex & Nudity
- A few mild references are scattered throughout.
Violence & Gore
- A violent, bloody gunfight ensues. When people are shot, we see some blood spurt out of their wounds. Graphic.
- A woman stabs herself in the hand with a dagger, with some blood shown, though it later turns out to be acid. It is not very disturbing due to her lack of pain. Semi-graphic.
- A man is "gassed" to death with nitrogen. We see him graphically freezing and then his arm breaks off. His face begins to decompose and he dies. Graphic.
- Several men are slaughtered by an alien offscreen, but we see massive amounts of blood and gore splatter on a glass panel. Extremely Graphic.
- A man is bitten in the back of the head by an alien. After he is bitten, he pulls out a small portion of his own brains and examines it before dying. Very Graphic.
- A man is bitten through his chest by an alien and he dies. Graphic.
- A man's face is severely burned from alien acid. Blood runs down from the burns. Graphic.
- At least 19 "f" words, 18 "s" words, 8 asses, 4 uses of hell, damn and S.O.B., and 8 uses of "G-damn", and one use each of "Jesus", "Jesus Christ", "Oh my God" and "For Christ's sakes" as exclamations.
- One use of "Cunt" in the Special Edition, but it is barely audible.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Infrequent scenes of smoking.
- A couple scenes of drinking, including one where a character is drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Slime, excessive blood and gore, some other grotesque images, and intense perilous situations and battles with the aliens. But the mild comedy in the film may slightly lower the disturbing material.
- The deleted Ripley arm-breaking scene is unexpected and rather cringe-inducing.
- The scene where Ripley enters the lab of the failed clones contains some grotesque images of deformed hybrid clones; she uses a flamethrower to incinerate the lab.
- The "new" human/alien hybrid is very grotesque and the way that it attacks and kills involves more human-like methods.
- Even though the hybrid creature is monstrous and gross, itseath is somehow emotional and disturbing.
Violence & Gore
- Purvis brutally beats another Wren by rapidly bashing his head onto a wall. Blood graphically pours down from Wren's face. A baby alien then bursts through Purvis' chest and through Wren's head; blood splatters everywhere as we see gore pouring out of the wounds. Extremely Graphic.
- A man has his head chewed open by an Alien-Human Hybrid creature. We see lots of blood and brains and gore. Very Graphic.
- A man's head is crushed by the Hybrid creature onscreen. We see his head squeeze open as gore splatters the camera (albeit briefly). We then see the creature holding the remains of the head in it's hand. Very Graphic.
- The Hybrid creature is violently torn apart and sucked out into space, piece-by-piece through a small air hole. We see gallons of red blood and gore being sucked out into space as the creature is shredded into pieces. It's intestines fall out before being sucked back out too, and then the creature's skin is yanked off, leaving behind the skull. The skull crumbles into pieces. This entire sequence is EXTREMELY Graphic.