Space Jam (1996)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 27 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some mild cartoon language|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex in this film at all. But some brief nudity.
- Bugs Bunny references going "one on one" with Lola which she seems to catch onto and rebuffs him saying, "On the court".
- Porky Pig wets himself upon being scared by a Monstar. Only his embarrassed facial reaction is shown.
- One of the gags in the final showdown involves a toon snagging a Monstar's shorts with a fishing line. The Monstar's buttocks are briefly shown before he covers them with his jersey in embarrassment.
- Porky Pig's head is crushed between two Monstars' buttocks. Played for laughs.
- Bugs Bunny kisses Michael Jordan to prove he is real. More awkward than anything else.
- A doctor asks Patrick Ewing if there is any areas besides basketball where he is unable to perform. Implying sexual impotence.
- Lola is shown with a buxom figure dressed in short shorts and speaks with a breathy voice. She often flirts with the male characters.
Violence & Gore
- At one point during the Basketball Game in Looney Toon Land a couple of Loony Toons dressed as FBI Agents Pulls Out a Gun each and begins shooting one of the Monstars Teeth out.
- An animated character is shot. Huge hole seen through body. Comic but somewhat gory. No blood detail shown.
- In one hilarious scene, the Monstars bully Michael Jordan and grab him and literally crumple him up into a basketball shape and throws him in the hoop and hits the floor before his body goes back in shape.
- 3 of the NBA players in the hospital bonk their foreheads while walking through the hospital doors.
- Daffy Duck gets ambushed by a bulldog at the house but he survives with tuffs of fur ripped off.
- A wide range of Cartoon/Slapstick Violence antics to battle between rival Basketball (Animation) players in Basketball Game from Lonney Tunes Land.
- Cartoon violence: roughhousing, hits and punches; cartoons are smashed, squashed, disintegrated and blown-up. resulting in limbs falling off and some broken bones.
- A person shouts "What the hell is going on?''
- 2 uses of "phuckering" which may imply viewers that it says "fuckering"
- Daffy Duck expresses, "We're screwed". It is mentioned in passing and only heard in the background.
- In the official soundtrack of Space Jam, a song called "Basketball Jones" used in the film uses some words like "Hell", "Piss" and "Damn" in the song.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- All characters take a sip of tap-water thinking it is "secret stash". The joke is they think it is steroids, but its not and instead employed by Bugs Bunny as a placebo.
- Mr. Swackhammer almost always has a cigar in his mouth and also burns an alien's buttocks in one scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The Nerdlucks turns Michael Jordan into a basketball, and using him as a basketball. He wails in surprise and shock and they throw dribble/slam-dunk. and throw his body so fast it burns the air. However it looks very fake by today's standards and appears more silly than frightening.
- The transformation scene of the four aliens might frighten some kids, they go from cute little creatures to giant and monstrous looking, the music is also loud and it's stormy with lightning going off.
- Bugs Bunny jokes about slavery doing stand ups. There is a re-enactment with bugs bunny tied up to a chain while doing stand up.
- Occasional moderate jump scares. Animations go at the screen whilst random close-up jump scares.
Sex & Nudity
- Bugs Bunny and Lola Bunny kiss for two times. One after Bugs saves Lola and another one after winning the match.
Violence & Gore
- Tweety Bird gets crushed by the Monstars and is out of the basketball game on the bench with the life support machine.