James and the Giant Peach (1996)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some frightening images|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- Some of the violence is slapstick as the aunts try to kill a spider and end up falling down the stairs, and then one hits the other in the face with a fly swatter as she misses the spider.
- There is mild violence such as sword fighting, and kicking between the characters of the movie and with ghostly pirates under water.
- Grasshopper calls Centipede an "asp" (which sounds like ass)
- 1 use of the word "ass". The Centipede says "Holy Shiipwreck!" a pause to make it sound like he was going to say the "S' word.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The Centipede is never seen without a cigar in his mouth, but he never actually smokes it.
- Miss Spider smokes in a few scenes.
- Aunt Spiker is briefly seen with a cigarette in her mouth.
- The aunts are seen drinking something, supposedly champagne.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scenes of the aunts after they've come out of the water and their makeup has run down their faces may be scary looking to younger kids.
- The scenes featuring the Cloud Rhino, with glowing, pupil-less eyes and an overall frightening appearance, will certainly be unsettling to younger viewers. The final scene with the Rhino, where James confronts it, is particularly intense.