Mimi wo sumaseba (1995)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
- There is no sex, nudity, kissing or inuendo in the story. There is one brief scene where Shizuku's sister removes her top to place it in the washing machine, but she is wearing a full coverage bra that shows less than a typical swimsuit.
Violence & Gore
- In the fantasy sequence, Shizuku is searching for a gem. When she selects what she thinks is the right one, it turns into a dead chick. The image may be disturbing for extremely sensitive children, lasts for only a few seconds, and has no blood or gore. It's about as disturbing as looking at chicken for sale in a supermarket. There is no violence of any kind.
- No profanity or bad language of any kind. The most fierce language is Shizuku saying, "Stupid jerk!"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is no use of alcohol or drugs at all. The strongest beverage we see anyone drinking is tea. Shizuku's father is briefly shown smoking in one scene with his wife disapproving.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are no frightening scenes other than the dead baby chick described in violence & gore above. There are no scenes which I think any child would find too intense. There is a fantasy flying sequence where Shizuku and the Baron step off a cliff into the air, but we are told before the event that the air currents will lift them up, and they do soar up as predicted in just a few seconds. The ending can be emotional for sentimental people.