Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 on appeal for some sexuality and brief strong language|
Sex & Nudity
- The film follows the affair between a man and a married woman.
- A man and woman have sex. We see them kissing passionately from the waist up as they caress each other. The scene is dark with little detail and no nudity.
- A man and woman lay naked in bed after sex. The woman rolls on top of him and we see her fully nude from behind, with her buttocks visible. Sex is implied. Even though the man is also nude from engaging in sex, he reveals no private parts to viewers.
- A man and woman sit in a bath together in a dark room. The woman can be seen fully nude from a distance, with her breasts visible and her pubic region in heavy shadow. There is no male nudity.
- A woman stands naked in front of a mirror. The bottom part of her breasts and her stomach are briefly seen. However her nipples are blocked.
- In a scene, a woman opens her bathrobe but the open part is facing the opposite direction.
- A woman angrily asks a man if they are going to 'fuck on the linoleum' one more time.
- A man and woman kiss passionately several times.
Violence & Gore
- The film deals with a deceased woman and her cremated ashes, as well as her grief over the death of her lover, Robert. No actual dead bodies or corpses are seen. A woman breaks down and cries upon getting the news that her lover has passed away.
- Human ashes are seen drifting away past a covered bridge.
- It is implied that Carolyn's husband is either verbally or physically abusive and constricting, although it doesn't outright say anything specific about it.
- 3 of damn
- One use of Fuck in a sexual context. This was the reason for the film originally getting an R rating. Also 1 use of Jesus bastard and for christ sakes.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man and a woman light and smoke cigarettes while driving.
- A man offers a woman a beer and they drink them with dinner.
- A man and woman drink brandy and smoke cigarettes.
- A woman drinks a glass of beer while taking a bath.
- People smoke and drink at a dance club.
- A man goes to a bar and drinks and then drinks whiskey straight from the bottle with his sister.
- Two people drink brandy together.
- Characters do smoke and drink in some parts. No drugs.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The ending can be very emotionally intense.