The Lion King (1994) Poster

(1994)

The Best Animated Film I Have Ever Seen
Quinoa19841 January 2000
The Lion King is a great film. Along with a great story (inspired by William Shakespeare's Hamlet), terrific animation, and an all star cast of voices, there are the lessons that are learned from this film (despite being a little rough for the younger children). Like responsibility and honor.

I rank this animated film among the great films I have ever seen. It was part of my childhood and it is a film experience I will never forget. And hopefully, you won't either. A++
431 out of 503 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Film For All Ages
claudonio20 January 2000
This is a film that can entertain anyone young or old, I usually don't care for animated movies but this film is the real deal, this is one of disney's best animated movies. The animation is top notch and flawless. This film also features superb work from the vocal cast James Earl Jones, Jeremy Irons, Whoopi Goldberg. This is a standout.
358 out of 408 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
simply a wonderful, heartfelt tale for all ages
Special-K8814 March 2002
Delightful animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures about a naive young lion cub destined for greatness. Born the son of a beloved and authoritative king he's groomed to be the next ruler of the kingdom, but along the way he encounters tragic detours at the hands of his villainous uncle and scheming hyena henchmen. Years later—as an adult—he decides to embrace his destiny and take his proper place in the Circle of Life. Warm, intelligent, laugh-out loud funny film is a triumph in every aspect; unforgettable songs, snappy dialogue, remarkable animation, and a stellar cast of voices make this a treat for all ages. A rousing adventure that you can enjoy again and again, and arguably one of the finest animated films ever made. ****
92 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Lion King
MR_Heraclius11 February 2020
A film that only get better with repeat viewings and age, The Lion King is a fantastic animated masterpiece that is among Disney's finest achievements. Stellar voice work, great musical score, beautiful to look at and emotionally complex and riveting.
36 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Lion King: 9/10
movieguy102128 December 2002
Released Christmas Day in 2002 to IMAX and large format screens, The Lion King makes a triumphant return to the screen after eight years. Its every bit as majestic and great as it has been before.

The Lion King Mufasa (James Earl Jones) just had a baby cub named Simba. All of the animals come to the ceremony, except for Mufasa's brother Scar (Jeremy Irons). Scar desperately wants to be King, but can't. As long as Mufasa and Simba are there. Soon Simba is able to walk and talk and is voiced by Jonathon Taylor Thomas. After hearing about an elephant graveyard from Scar, he and his friend Nala (Niketa Calame) visit it. They meet three bumbling hyenas: Banzai (Cheech Marin), Shenzi (Whoopi Goldberg), and Ed (Jim Cummings), but they manage to leave unhurt. Scar is upset that the hyenas didn't do the job, so he orders a stampede to wipe out both of them, but it only takes care of Mufasa. Scar convinces Simba that he killed Mufasa, not Scar. So Simba flees into exile.

The Lion King really benefits from the larger screen. Its lavish landscapes will be able to capture you more, and you can really savor the animation. Disney didn't need any humans, so they could spend all of the time on a great story and lush landscapes. In fact, its camera movement was so majestic that you actually felt like you were part of the pride of lions.

The music boomed and really created the atmosphere. Although I had seen this picture before, I still was tense because of the way the music played out. Most of the time, I would just roll my eyes at the attempt to make me nervous. But Hans Zimmer's music really bowled me over and made my heart do calisthenics. Unlike such new Disney pics like Lilo and Stitch, the songs actually did some good. They took you out of a somewhat dreary mood and put a smile on your face and made your feet want to tap along. There were only a few, but they were very entertaining. And the Circle of Life song at the beginning was beautiful, with its perfect pictures and perfect sound.

I really like James Earl Jones (he's pretty diverse), and this time was no exception. He seemed to act like he didn't want to do this role, but he couldn't contain his excitement for wanting to do voice-overs again (he had done some work in The Simpsons before). Matthew Broderick redeemed himself for me (after the atrocious Ferris Bueller's Day Off) by showing a strong voicing as the adult Simba. Cheech Marin, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jim Cummings really had good chemistry together, even though they didn't have much screen time. Irons was really good and creepy as Scar (one of those who you can't help but hate), and if that is him really singing, brava!

Be warned, The Lion King isn't really for youngsters. It had intense thematic elements that should have warranted a PG, instead of those that don't deserve it (Lilo and Stitch, again). The mood that the music and the script brought out could damper your day, so be warned.

This is one movie where you can feel for the characters. You don't say `haha, he's dead', you say `Gasp! I'm so sad!' If it weren't for the gifted scriptwriters, this movie would be kaput and a nothing, not the best Disney movie ever made.

The Lion King is a majestic movie, not without humor, that is for almost all to see.

My rating: 9/10

Rated G for intense thematic elements.
117 out of 148 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
By far, the greatest Disney movie ever made...
chadgeri22 April 2002
This movie is, quite seriously, the Citizen Kane of Disney animation. Every animated movie from Disney ever since has been a failed attempt to recreate the masterpiece that this film is. This movie is an anomaly in a market usually dominated by formulaic kiddie-fare. Unlike most films from animation studios, this movie will enthrall you, whether you're 5 years old, or 50. An epic plot, intriguing characters, great music and hillarious moments make this film a family classic that will endure through the ages. 10/10
136 out of 165 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best Disney animated film ever...
gdswalia10 May 2005
The best Disney animated film ever...This film had it all, it was funny, emotional, had family drama, and above all, great animation and songs! My personal favorite character is Rafiki, the Baboon! I still cant forget the line he says to Simbe, "Past can hurt, but as I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it!" it is so true! i loved Zazu's weirdness, and shenzi's humor, above all, i loved Pumba's innocence and Timon's intelligence! In short, i found the film the best film ever... The voice cast is also great. Mathew did complete justice to Simba, and what can I say about Mufasa, He is the best King, and dad anyone can ever get! The movie is not meant for kids, its meant to teach every adult a lesson...to find our place in the great "Circle Of Life". I give this film a perfect 10.
312 out of 366 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is what kid's movies should be like...
Maintenance_Guys7 August 2006
I find it hard to believe that kid's movies these days will ever be called classics in years to come (excluding Pixar movies). In my mind, this is the last classic hand drawn film, and it upsets me that I have to wait for another five years for it to come out on DVD. This film deals with great issues and involves a huge conflict for the main character, something that recent kid/family films lack. It is funny and lighthearted when it should be, and heartfelt and serious when it needs it. I believe that everybody should see this movie, regardless of your age. It may just be the last good movie that Disney will ever do without the help of Pixar.
150 out of 172 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is my sister's favourite film, and one of mine!
TheLittleSongbird17 February 2009
This is a fantastic movie, and I am not lying! my 13 year old sister loves this movie, and I can't fault this either. It was one of the first movies I ever saw, so that accounts for how much I love it. The animation is superb, the backgrounds look so rich, and for once, there are no stiff movements. The highlights were the stampede and the fight between Scar and Simba. The music by Hans Zimmer is outstanding, a perfect mix of African chants and pure Hollywood. The songs are absolutely great, I had no idea that Elton John could write like that. The best song is "Can you feel the Love Tonight?" but the others go without fault, "Circle of Life" is so spirit rousing especially. Likewise with the voice overs. Jonathan Taylor Thomas is very likable as Young Simba, and Matthew Broderick, while not as good, is above average too. James Earl Jones lends his booming voice to the majestic King Mufassa, and Nathan Lane, Rowan Atkinson and Whoopi Goldberg provide flawless comic relief. The vocal standout is Jeremy Irons as Scar, who frightened me when I was little. Scar is up there with the best Disney villains, like Jafar, Malificent and Frollo. The humour here is fantastic, and you cry here a bit here as well. I highly recommend the stage version in the West End, and the sequels are actually two of the better DTV sequels.10/10. Bethany Cox
23 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
TLK is Great
David_l_s21 December 2005
I watched the film today and I have come to the conclusion that this Disney film is one classic that will keep on delivering to Disney fans like myself...TLK is a wonderful film with great characters and songs with a powerful message that you can always find your way back no matter how hard the journey...

I think The Lion King is one of the best Disney animated films matching with the power of Bambi and Brother Bear.

I love how Disney Works hard to deliver the best in Animation,Song,And Magic

I do believe that 2006 and many years from now The Lion King will Shine and still Roar with Success...

Thank-You Disney For The Lion King
145 out of 177 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A dazzling, joyous piece of film-making
moviesleuth29 August 2009
Of all the animation classics from the Walt Disney Company, there is perhaps none that is more celebrated than "The Lion King." Its acclaim is understandable: this is quite simply a glorious work of art.

"The Lion King" gets off to a fantastic start. The film's opening number, "The Circle of Life," is outstanding. The song lasts for about four minutes, but from the first sound, the audience is floored. Not even National Geographic can capture something this beautiful and dramatic. Not only is this easily the greatest moment in film animation, this is one of the greatest sequences in film history.

The story that follows is not as majestic, but the film has to tell a story. Actually, the rest of the film holds up quite well. The story takes place in Africa, where the lions rule. Their king, Mufasa (James Earl Jones) has just been blessed with a son, Simba (Jonathan Taylor Thomas), who goes in front of his uncle Scar (Jeremy Irons) as next in line for the throne. Scar is furious, and sets in motion plans to usurp the throne for himself. After a tragedy occurs and Mufasa is killed, Scar persuades Simba to flee, leaving himself as king. Simba grows up in exile, but he learns that while he can run away from his past, he can never escape it.

When viewing the film, it is obvious that "The Lion King" is quite different from its predecessors (and successors). This is an epic story that contains more dramatic power than all the other Disney films combined. While there are definitely some light-hearted moments, there is no denying the dark drama that takes up the bulk of the story. While it could be argued that Disney is the champion of family entertainment, this film is not for the very young. Some of the sequences are very dark and violent, many bordering on frightening, even for the older crowd.

The voice actors are terrific. Jonathan Taylor Thomas brings a large dose of innocence to Young Simba. He's mischievous, but also terribly naive. His older counterpart, voiced by Matthew Broderick, equals him. He's older, but no less mature. The voices are so similar that it's almost impossible not to believe that they are the same character at different ages. Perhaps no one could have been better suited for the role of Mufasa than James Earl Jones. His baritone voice gives the Mufasa a quality of great power and wisdom; there is no question that his role is king. As Scar, Jeremy Irons is pitch-perfect. The drawing of the character is villainous, but Irons' vocal work complements the animation to create one of the most memorable, and vicious, villains in Disney history. He's unquestionably evil, but he's also clever, which makes him all the more dangerous. Manipulation, not violence is his greatest weapon. Providing some much needed comic relief are Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella as Timon and Pumbaa, two other outcasts (a meerkat and a warthog), and Rowan Atkinson as Zazu. While there is definite fun from these characters, neither the actors nor the filmmakers allow them to go over-the-top and destroy the mood of the film.

Disney's animated features are known for their gorgeous artwork. Nowhere is this more apparent than in "The Lion King." Every single frame is jaw-dropping. The colors are rich, and the drawings are sharp and beautiful. One of the pitfalls of animation (both computer and hand-drawn) is that there is sometimes a visible distance between the subject and the background, making it seem as if the figure animation was cut and pasted on the background (this is obviously what happens, but it is up to the artists to make sure that it isn't noticeable). There is none of that here.

Throughout the Golden Age of Disney animation, the films have been musicals. "The Lion King" is no different, and the songs are brilliant. All of the numbers are standouts ("Can You Feel the Love Tonight" won the Oscar, but in my opinion, "The Circle of Life" was better). In the cases of Simba and Nala (Simba's girlfriend), both young and old, there is a noticeable difference between the speaking and singing parts (everyone else does their own singing and speaking), but never mind. It still works, and that's what's important.

"The Lion King" is not flawless, but on first viewing, they aren't noticeable, and it is likely that the young won't ever notice them. "Beauty and the Beast" was the first animated film to get an Oscar nomination for Best Picture (it lost to "The Silence of the Lambs"), and is thus far the only animated film to receive such an honor. That being the case, it's hard to understand why "The Lion King" was not given the same distinction. The two films are more or less equal in quality, and the nominees for the honor that year were not strong.

If you haven't already, see "The Lion King." You won't be disappointed.
18 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A living masterpiece
suicune_tudor28 November 2005
This is truly one of the best Disney movies ever. I really enjoyed it when I first seen it, about when I was 6, and since then I watched it over and over again. I simply LOOOOVED the music. It's one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. And, speaking of soundtrack, I just can't tell in words how much I love the song "Can You Feel The Love Tonight". Is one of my favorite songs ever. I truly believe that this motion picture could easily be nominated for The Best Picture, but The Best Song and the Best Original Score is really enough. I wonder if they will ever think to make a prequel of this movie in order to understand who is Mufasa, Scar, Sarabi and the other characters. In short, this movie will be remembered in the next 100 years. Truly.
193 out of 244 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful Music and Rhythms
Hitchcoc28 March 2006
This is an outstanding work of animation. I realize that it has been criticized for political incorrectness. The fact of the matter is that it has strong female characters as well as male, and it's about a vision of monarchy. I have the greatest respect for female role models but I really don't see this as a worthy criticism. It's a great story of defeat and betrayal and renewal. It has delightful individual characters, dressed up to show their beings in a clever way. It has the most despicable villains with Scar and the Hyenas. It has the Henry II thing about duty. It doesn't glorify fooling around as one of my colleagues told me. The free life is OK but at some time you must follow your heart and redeem yourself. The music is outstanding; another triumph or the Disney team. There are three or four numbers that are so critical to a complete understanding of the events of the story. The sound effects person should have been rewarded because sound is so critical in this. From the stampede to the forbidden areas of the kingdom. I watched this about sixty times with my small children and never really tired of it. I would put this at the top of any list of animated adventures.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the greatest animated movies Ever made
Greyrat24 September 2021
My favorite animated film of all time. The plot, characters, themes, music, emotions and tension are something else. It's truly a classic you will love as a kid and appreciate years later as an adult. A must watch.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great film
miadarlingtxn23 August 2017
this was, and still is,a great movie I love it, and hope that everyone gets to experience it for themselves, I've watched it many times and it is always good no matter how many times you have seen it,the songs are great and so are all the characters and the story is incredible, great for all ages and I really recommend it to anyone who hasn't already watched it.
26 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Disney classic
Tweekums8 August 2019
In the African savannah King Mufasa, a lion, rules over the Pride Lands. He explains to his son, a young cub named Simba, that one day he will be the king... but before that he has a lot to learn. There are dangers, even for lions. The greatest danger comes from Simba's Uncle Scar; an embittered lion with a Machiavellian streak. Scar wants to rule but to do that he needs to rid himself of Mufasa and Simba... he has plans. One day Scar's plan works; Mufasa is dead and Simba leaves the Pride Lands believing he is to blame for his father's death. He grows up learning to take things easy with new friends Pumbaa and Timon, a warthog and meerkat. Scar now rules the pride with the help of the hyenas. When Simba learns of how bad things have got in the Pride Lands he will have to decide whether to continue the easy life or fight to make things better.

This film is definitely one of Disney's classics; it has a fine story, some great characters and catchy songs. Simba is a decent protagonist even if the plot demands that he isn't too strong early on and Scar is a great villain; as are his trio of hyena acolytes. Given the film's 'U' certificate I was surprised at how dark it is in places; some scenes might disturb younger viewers as characters are often in real danger. The voice cast is very impressive; notably Jeremy Irons, as Scar, James Earl Jones, as Mufasa, and Rowan Atkinson, as Zazu the hornbill who is Mufasa's majordomo. As one would expect from Disney the animation and character designs are all really good. Overall I'd definitely recommend this for all but the youngest children and adults alike.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its a 10
dipto3112197816 July 2017
"The best movie I ever watched in any form or any in language".

No, I am not exaggerating! It is the best movie ever, whether in human form or in animated. I can't find a single flaw in The Lion King (1994). Someone could argue that the story is not original, Disney just twisted it. Someone could also argue that i didn't watch that much of movies to judge "The Best Ever" but as I said, this the best movie I ever saw. The story is nice and free flowing and without any unnecessary bumpers. One can not recognized the voices behind the characters, because the characters are so prominent. Music! Let me say I am not very fond of English pop songs, but I could hum almost most of the songs of this movie, so I would say, music is that nice. Animation is superb, landscapes are eye catching, dialogues are sharp and comedy is at its best. What more might I say?

Beside everything, you can say how crazy I am about this movie by my name.

Enjoy the movie, don't leave the seat. Hakuna Matata!
21 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An impressive animated movie.
Boba_Fett113826 June 2004
"The Lion King" is and will always will be regarded as one of the better Disney movies. And it deserves that!

First of all the movie looks visually splendid! The African land scape's are beautiful and so are the animations of the animals itself.

What makes "The Lion King" such a special movie is the emotional dept the story has. The story plays a significant role in the movie and it has some good adult moments. The entire movie has a more of an adult feeling, unlike earlier made Disney's that mainly focused on only young children. Still there also is plenty to enjoy for the young ones, especially the characters Timon and Pumbaa shall be loved by them.

The story is filled with symbolism and reference to mainly the communist regime.

The voice cast is good, mainly of course thanks to James Earl Jones who has an amazing good deep voice. Also the three hyenas are voiced perfectly by Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin and Jim Cummings. Jeremy Irons who voices the main villain Scar really brings his character to live and makes the movie even more worth watching.

There are some typical Disney songs that are good. Also surprising good is the musical score itself composed by Hans Zimmer who also received an Oscar for it. His first and only one but hopefully not his last. Also Tim Rice and Elton John received an Oscar for the song " Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and were nominated for two other songs from this movie.

A must see animated movie with some scene's and songs that you'll not easily forget.

4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Modern Classic
thediggens5 June 2014
The Lion King is by general consensus the greatest Disney film from their glorious renaissance period (1989-1999), and is undoubtedly worthy of such recognition. Notably, it is the highest rated Western animation on IMDb's own Top 250, which while flawed and imprecise is a good indicator of quality.

A loose adaption of Shakespeare's Hamlet, The Lion King is visually stunning, the peak of hand-drawn animation, with a strong voice cast and a wide selection of memorable tunes. It is a tight ~80 minutes, and one sometimes forgets just how quick the movie moves, yet it does so deftly. The characters are well defined, and the arc of Simba's growth, the core of the film, evolves satisfyingly. One could question whether more time should have been spent on Simba's growth in the middle act (there is incredulous imagery as Simba grows exponentially next to the stasis of Timon and Pumba), but to meander so would ask it to be an entirely different film.

While it is not uncommon for a side character or two overshadow the main (see the Genie in Aladdin), Matthew Broderick and Jonathan Taylor Thomas (adult and young Simba respectively) are at risk from nearly all of the phenomenal cast. James Earl Jones is a commanding presence, and Jeremy Irons as Scar steals every scene. The 'fools' of the film, be it Timon & Pumba, the Hyena trio or even Zazu, all provide the levity believably, that would otherwise leave an incredibly sombre film. Nala is powerful, though one must note that she seems at times far more capable than Simba to actually achieve anything. Nevertheless, Simba's coming-of-age arc, while predictable, is enjoyable, helped along by fantastic charisma and choice songs.

The fact that the film has spawned a wildly successful musical gives a strong indication of the quality of the music, but what is less said is how beautiful the film is. As The Lion King was being released, works were already moving away from hand-drawn animation, with Toy Story released a year later. And The Lion King might be the peak of hand-drawn, with an enormous palate of creativity and variety. The opening vista for 'Circle of Life', the bursts of colour in 'Can't wait to be King' and the sombre tone of 'Be Prepared' all are gorgeous. Yet, special mention must go to the Stampede scene, one of the finest scenes of animation ever.

One thing I've developed from multiple viewings is how Timon and Pumba might be the weakest part of the movie. First, their 'life lessons' are essentially reversed by Rafiki. Certainly they are qualified to the point of being narratively sidelined. They feel contrived and even a detraction from the meat of the movie. Their role is the fast food portion of the film- the quick fix over more meatier bits of the film. The entertainment provided is enjoyable regardless, and is essential to round off the movie as Disney.

The Lion King is endlessly re-watchable, catchy, fun, while remaining a fantastic piece of cinema and an invaluable part of the Disney canon. Magnificent.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exciting original story from Disney.
OllieSuave-0071 November 2013
This movie's story was written solely by Disney Studios, about a young lion, Simba, who was forced into exile by his evil Uncle Scar, who wants to take control of the jungle before Simba claims it. Life in the jungle declines under Scar's rule as Simba abandons his identity and meets new friends, Timon and Pumbaa, in another part of the jungle.

Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff directed an exciting movie, adopting more of what I think are some of mainstream Hollywood's intense drama and comedy styles, seen in such parts like Uncle Scar and his crafty hyena goons chasing away poor Simba like gangsters pursuing a helpless hero, and the parts of the more modern day jokes and punchlines made by Timon and Pumbaa. The movie is also full of drama and action that will attract an audience of all ages, providing a great source of entertainment. It is compelling to see how Simba tries to wrestle his way out of his doubts as he tries to find his true identity and compelling to see Simba's family try to overcome adversary under Scar's rule. This is also a powerful story about courage, duty and identity (noticable as Simba tries to find his way) and the importance of family.

Hans Zimmer did a good job on the music score and Elton John wrote some memorable songs like "Circle of Life" and "Can You Feel The Love Tonight." The toe-tapping "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" is my favorite.

The characters are likable and, like the plot's style, take on more of a mainstream Hollywood approach. This movie differs from the more earlier films such as "Cinderella" and "The Jungle Book," and even the later films such as "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast." "The Lion King" doesn't have that Disney touch you've come to expect and love in many of the fairytale and adventure movies, signaling that Disney films have evolved immensely over time. Even though it's not one of the more conventional Disney films, "The Lion King" is still a very good movie to watch due to its original concept, captivating story and memorable characters.

Grade B+
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
brilliant Disney animated film
disdressed129 May 2009
this Disney film was probably the most ambitious undertaking by the studio up to that time.the amount of animated sequences are astounding and the detail equally so.so from a technical stand point it's brilliant.and the content of the movie is great as well.the story is wonderful.and unlike many earlier Disney animated movies movies,the villain in this movie is much less evil,and the movie is suitable for most ages.there are a few intense scenes though,and a scene dealing with ***possible minor spoiler***the loss(death)of a character.other than that,though,it should OK for anyone.there are also a fair amount of catchy songs that kids will like,and even the adults might like.for me,The Lion King is a 10/10
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lions
bevo-1367830 March 2020
Great movie. Great sounds track and some very realistic fight scenes
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of Disney's best
masonsaul14 July 2019
The Lion King is one of Disney's all time best films with a great combination of humour and emotion. The animation is incredible and it's extremely well paced. The performances from all of it's excellent cast are great. Hans Zimmer's score is amazing. All of the songs are all fantastic and it's consistently very funny. Its also extremely emotional and comes to a very satisfying and thrilling conclusion.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Has the Disney magic
MovieAddict20165 September 2002
The Lion King was the best Disney film of 1994, and perhaps for a few years after. We all know Disney's been hashing up cheap tricks for kids-dumb sequels like Lady and the Tramp 2, Cinderella 2, all that stuff recently. But the Lion King was great, and the all star cast including: Rowan Atkinson, Matthew Broderick, Whoopi Goldberg, Jeremy Irons and James Earl Jones really help this film too! Great animation, story, and characters. The Lion King's a great film!

3.5/5 STARS-

JOHN ULMER
26 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The first movie i ever watched
Everymoviegetsa1021 August 2019
The Lion King is the first movie i ever watched at around 6 years old.

Its such a bright, emotional, fun and heart felt movie.

The music, singing story were heartfelt. The characters were Gold. All of them are memorable from Simba to the Rhino that sat on Zazu to The Hyenas. This movie made you laugh and feel sad. The death of Mufasa really made you sad.

The only flaw I can say is the sequels that I have yet to see look bad and Lion King 2019 is very awful.

Stick to this one movie and you are set for life.

Update Feb 28 2021: I just saw Lion King 2 after 22 years and 8161 days, and I was wrong the sequel was really good.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.