After a young woman is attacked in the elevator she meets her neighbours (two brothers) for the first time. One of the brothers has a secret, the other has a crush on her. Her analyst tries... See full summary »
Richard Gere was originally considered to star opposite Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct as Detective Nick Curran but turned it down and it went to Michael Douglas same with the Wall Street role of Gordon Gekko. Both Gere and Douglas worked with Andy Garcia in Black Rain and internal affairs. See more »
The letter Vincent wrote to Olivia in his car is in different handwriting than the one shown later near the end of the film. See more »
[while on payphone]
... I'm crazy about you. I've always been crazy about you. I'm always gonna be crazy about you. Oh by the way, this is Vincent. Vincent Eastman.
See more »
This is a good movie. Although I must admit sometimes it's a bit slow. I've seen it at least twice, and both times it mediated a special feeling that moved me.
The five main reasons why I liked this movie, are (not listed in any particular order):
1. Richard Gere - He doesn't give a great performance, but hey ! It's Richard Gere, and I really like him.
2. Sharon Stone - On the other hand gives a great performance. I've never seen her this good.
3. James Newton Howards fantastic score. The music over the final scenes and the ending credits is so beautiful and emotional, that it can make me cry everytime that I listen to it. The score enhances and puts an emphasis on the developments in the movie in an extraordinary way.
4. The script - Although it's not that tight, it's still well written, with likeable characters and a good message.
5. The feeling that this movie mediates, through the above mentioned reason, and lots more.
In conclusion: I recommend this film. It will probably not be the best movie you've ever seen, but well worth your time. And as I said, it has a good message.
7 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this