Forrest Gump (1994) Poster

(1994)

2,171 Reviews
Life's Lessons in one Movie...
lacey_joeskip725 May 2005
When I first saw this movie I didn't appreciate it like I do now. I think it may have been because I was so young when I first saw it. Just recently I saw the movie again. What an amazing story and moving meaning. That movie teaches you so much about life and the meaning of it. That life isn't as bad as most people make it seem. That an innocent man can impact so many lives with his innocence. The meaning of the movie to me is that everyone needs to have a better outlook on life. That we need to appreciate more of the little things and not let the big things hold us back. That truly although life may throw us trials and tribulations like a box of chocolates but that we have to just bite into it and get through it even if we don't like it. That we all need to hold true to our values and not sink into a place that feels like there's no hope... I just love this movie. And anyone who hasn't seen it or who thinks that don't like it I seriously suggest seeing it or seeing it again. It truly is amazing...
1,068 out of 1,198 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A beautiful fable for now and the future
Zonieboy8 April 2002
I believe everyone has a right to their opinion about films or other topics. However from a lot of the comments I have read about this film, I do not think many got the gist of the message from the author and the film maker. This film is a great modern fable, a fable in the dictionary is defined as a brief fictitious story that teaches a moral. There are many morals defined in this film but foremost is integrity and a simple goodness.

I have a half brother who grew up in the Southern U.S. and on one occasion we were discussing this film and he said he felt it portrayed Southerners as dimwitted. I disagreed with him and informed him that the author himself was a native Southerner. The setting is central to this story in that it lets the tale unfold tying in factual events with the fable before us.

The film is wonderfully directed by Robert Zemeckis, the film is his opus and is acted by a great cast on all levels. From the children who were Forrest Gump and Gump Jr. by Haley Joel Osment. Say what you want but I feel Tom Hanks deserved the Oscar award. Gary Sinise is synonymous with Lt.Dan whenever you hear those words. Sally Fields is the loving dutiful mother in her challenging situation. Mykelti Williamson as Bubba gives you a real sense in the story that Gump had a genuine friend, he moves you with his character. Words don't grasp the full performance of Robin Wright Penn as Jenny. Jennys' tenderness and pain are palpable as exhibited by Wright.

I feel that much of Gumps' appeal is his downright sense of doing the right thing regardless of the people and situations around him and we see that in this film. That being the case maybe we all wish we could be just a little more like that, trying to maintain innate goodness and not the trade-offs we often make as we go down lifes highways.

The movie has it all too,drama,comedy and it challenges societal norms as well. Then there are the almost endless quotes from the movie that have slipped into everyday speech. They are too numerous to say at this point.One of the toppers for me in the movie is when Forrest is in a quandary about life and wondering as Lt.Dan said we all have a destiny and his Mom says it is where we are all just floating around like a feather in the wind. Forrest's character terms it very well with this quote,"I think it is a little bit of both." From my experiences in life it does appear to be that way. So if you have not seen the movie,see it soon you are in for a real treat. If you did not like it, give it a try again and hopefully you will see it for the great story it is!
748 out of 872 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In my opinion, no film has touched me more than this one.....
thomas-hardcastle-214 May 2007
Quite simply, the greatest film ever made.

Humour, sadness, action, drama and a Vietnam film all rolled into one.

I'm not a stone cold, heartless villain, but it takes a lot to make me cry when I watch a movie. Bambi's mother, I couldn't care less. Jimmy Stewart in, "Oh, what a wonderful life," - yeah right! The Lion King, when Mufasa bites the big one - on the verge.

But seriously - I bawled my big brown eyes out, on several occasions in this film. A real tear-jerker, and a wonderful character, played to perfection by Tom Hanks. Every bit as worthy for the Oscar as Rooney was to win the Premiership in 2007.

I cannot say it enough: This is THE film of all time. Watch it, and you'll see.
787 out of 949 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The zen of Forrest Gump.
sundrymules20 June 2005
This is a powerful yet charming movie; fun for its special effects and profound in how it keeps you thinking long after it's over. Like others, I've seen this movie more than once. One comment I've never heard is that Forrest's simplicity is almost zen-like. I should read the novel to get the author's intention (I remember some people preferring the book and complaining that no one at the Academy Awards gave him any credit.) But rather than an implication that you should do what you're supposed to do and believe in God and you'll win in the end, I see it as zen-like, i.e., living in the moment and not having expectations or particular cravings (other than his loving Jenny.) So he ends up just stumbling into all the major historical events of the time. Granted, he achieves this only because he doesn't have the brains to think otherwise and actually have expectations, but so many of our problems are because we do have higher intellect and desires, which ironically makes us unhappy because we know what we are missing. We love our cats and dogs for the same simplicity and always being in the moment. There's a line in the movie wondering if everything is predestined or happens randomly or it's a combination of both. It is something to mull over for a long time.
481 out of 586 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Let's see the world through the eyes of Forrest Gump
Smells_Like_Cheese10 June 2002
"I've made about 20 films and 5 of them are pretty good"-Tom Hanks.

"Forrest Gump" is one of the best movies of all time, guaranteed. I really just love this movie and it has such a special place in my heart. The performances are just so unforgettable and never get out of your head. The characters, I mean the actors turned into them and that's what got to me. The lines are so memorable, touching, and sometimes hilarious.

We have Forrest Gump(Tom Hanks), not the sharpest tool in the box, his I.Q. is right below the average scores. But his mama(Sally Field) believes that her boy has the same opportunities as anyone else and lets Forrest know that there's nothing that could hold him back. As a boy he is put into braces for his legs since he has a crooked back and really doesn't have too many friends. When he gets on a school bus for his first day of school, NO ONE will let him sit next to them. This scene is so heart breaking until you hear a little angel's voice "You can sit here if you want". Jenny, Forrest's best friend and crush, she looks so incredibly innocent and you love her because her and Forrest are like pea's and carrots. But we find out that there is an extremely unfortunate side to her life, she has a father that's "always kissing and touching her and her sisters". Forrest just assumes that it's a father's love since he doesn't have a dad that could show him that it's wrong.

Forrest and Jenny together walk every day from school and when these kids start throwing rocks at Forrest calling him stupid, Jenny just tells Forrest "Run, Forrest! Run!". He miraculously breaks the braces off his legs and run like the wind blows. Forrest meets many celebrities from his life that just happened to be there: Elvis Presley visited his house before hitting it big, President Kennedy honored him with a all American football award, President Johnson who honored him with a medal of honor for his actions in Vietnam, President Nixon(in which Forrest happens to discover a problem in the Water Gate Hotel because some people seem to be flashing lights around), and John Lennon through a talk show to talk about his medal of honor.

Forrest meets some interesting people along the way too that are even better than these celebrities combined; Bubba his Vietnam war friend who dreams of owning a shrimp boat one day and was born with big gums. He is just so wonderful and charming and won't stop talking about shrimp. Luteniet Dan, a leader of Forrest's army in Vietnam who gets saved by Forrest during a huge attack and looses his legs as a result. Luteniet Dan was by far my favorite character, he has so much pride and wants to die in Vietnam due to his family history tradition of dying in every single American war. He and Forrest make quite a pair. And of course there's Jenny, a very tragic figure, she gets more mean as she grows up because she knows that Forrest loves her, in some ways you can't blame her really. She was obviously abused and I think she felt that Forrest was too good for her or that he couldn't really give her the love she wanted. Robin Wright, what a beautiful and wonderful actress.

This movie is incredible and should be seen by everyone. I am not kidding, "Forrest Gump" is a remarkable movie and inspires everyone. It's not just about someone stupid who happens to be in great places and historic events just because of being in the right place at the right time. This story is beautiful and will inspire everyone to go the distance and see the world like Forrest did and will never give up on their dreams.

305 out of 369 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Purity and innocence retained
kenhe31 May 2004
I have seen this movie easily a half a dozen times, and I find that the beauty of the film is how Forrest Gump not only shares his innocence and purity with others, including the audience, he also manages to retain that innocence and purity through some very difficult times. As a Viet Nam veteran, and a college graduate of the late Sixties, I could of course personally relate to the various periods that Forrest Gump endures. I would only mention that the skillful and seamless blending of music, action, and period costume was enthralling. And yet it was so perfectly understated that Forrest Gump's travels through thirty five years of the stormiest and most meaningful years of American history only became clearly defined for the viewer. Even more so than the well known chocolates quote as a metaphor for life, I felt that the remark that stupid is what you do is probably more workable for most of us.
352 out of 442 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forrest Gump is a movie masterpiece that won't be forgotten and will continue to inspire
blairgallop715 December 2007
He may have been good in Philadelphia but be is excellent in Forrest Gump.Tom Hanks delivers another great performance in his career by portraying the lovable,king yet not so intelligent character Forrest Gump.It is also Tom Hanks' second straight win for the Best Actor Oscar which he becomes the second man to do said accomplishment after Spencer Tracy.Whilst not as dramatic as Philadelphia,Tom Hanks' performance is just as great in this movie and this movie could possibly be the film of Tom Hanks' career as he used to be a comedy guy who turned to drama in a way which would paved for future stars such as Jim Carrey(The Truman Show),Reese Witherspoon(Walk the Line) and Will Ferrell(Stranger Than Fiction) to name a few.Also staring in this great movie classic are Robin Wright-Penn who plays Jenny,Gary Sinise who was nominated for an Academy Award for his portrayal of Lieutenant Dan Taylor,Mykelti Williamson as Forrest's best friend and shrimper Benjamin Buford"Bubba" Blue and Sally Field as Mrs.Gump.This film was nominated for a total of thirteen Academy Awards but won six of them which include Best Film Editing,Best Visual Effects,Best Adapted Screenplay,Best Picture,Best Director-Robert Zemeckis and Best Actor-Tom Hanks.This is one masterpiece of a movie that will not be forgotten about in a long time.Bravo!
166 out of 216 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quite possibly the best movie ever made.
john in missouri1 December 2007
I've seen most of the top-voted 30 or 40 movies here at IMDb, and Forrest Gump probably wins my vote for the single best movie ever made.

This is not a conclusion I came to the first time I saw this film, or the second. The more you understand about this movie, the more you like it. And in terms of understanding it, my wife and I both were still gaining new understanding the 5th or 6th time we watched it. (For example: Why does Jenny behave exactly as she does throughout the movie? It'll take a lot of thinking to =fully= understand her.)

Just the fact that we've seen it at least half a dozen times says a lot. There are few movies that I ever even give a second viewing.

Like many of the truly good movies, there are people out there who see it once and consider it to be a waste of time. Such people are usually just looking for the most "action," gore and sex they can find, and haven't a clue about films that actually involve thought, ideas, and life.

Did I mention the script is absolutely brilliant? There are a lot of =truly= funny moments. And the music rocks. But those are only specific aspects of a movie that has just about everything else right about it as well.

See it, enjoy it, think about it, see it again. Think about it some more. Forrest Gump is one of the greatest movies -- if not THE greatest -- ever made.
224 out of 304 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dropping My Keys
inspectors7119 May 2016
I remember John Byner, the stand-up comic and impressionist of the 1970s talking about guys crying at movies, how it's not an acceptable behavior. He advised the men in his audience to drop their keys, do something that gets them to lean forward, wipe their faces, and get things under control.

I dropped my keys watching Forrest Gump. Lieutenant Dan comes over the hill at Forrest and Jenny's wedding, new legs, fiancé at his side, clean-cut and happy.

Forrest states the obvious, "Lieutenant Dan, you gawt le-eggs!"

And the water-works just started to flow.

I sit up straight and clear my throat. Got 'em (the keys, that is). My wife leans over and gives me a kiss. She says, "That's why I love you."

Other than a few historical fussinesses and plot slickeries, none of which are worth mentioning, this is as close to a perfect, emotionally-satisfying entertainment as I have ever seen.

I love this movie. I never tire of the simple story of the guy with the lowest IQ in the room being the smartest guy in the room. It's filled with a patriotic decency you can only find in The Wizard of Oz and To Kill a Mockingbird.

When Dorothy is aching for home and the Wizard can't deliver, I drop my keys. When Scout points to the man behind Jem's bedroom door and says, "Hey, Boo," the fob goes flying.

The next time I get out my copy to show to my 11th Grade US History kids, I'll start fingering my key chain.

I can't help it.
62 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
7 Year-Olds Give The Best Movie Reviews Ever
dougherty-victoria4 February 2015
Can't take credit for this gem. Even if I am her mother.

Forest Gump: Movie review by Josephine

So, it's about this really stupid grown-up and there's blood and stuff and it's not appropriate for anyone else in my class, probably, but, you know, you guys let me watch stuff like this. What is up with that? And there's this really bad girl named Jenny, and I hated her clothes. But once she cuts her hair she turns good again. And a guy with no legs, who was weird. He made shrimp, which is gross, except for the popcorn kind. He got a lot better when he cut his hair, too. I liked it. It was funny. Can I watch it again tonight?
66 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best films of the 90's
Quinoa19841 April 2000
Winston Groom's Forrest Gump was a novel that was complicated, but (Oscar winning) director Robert Zemeckis brings events together with visual effects that boggle even George Lucas.

And leading the film in this odyssey of American life is Tom Hanks playing Gump (he won his second Oscar for his portrayal) in a film that shows one man who goes through many events in history to find the one he loves. Well done, well acted, and well directed to pythagorean procision. A++
161 out of 248 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Even After Twenty Years the Film Still Holds Up
Michael_Elliott30 April 2016
Forrest Gump (1994)

**** (out of 4)

Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks), a slow but simple man from Alabama takes us through decades of his life, which includes various historical settings but all the while his heart is on Jenny (Robin Wright Penn), a childhood friend.

FORREST GUMP was released and quickly became a huge hit and ended up winning many Oscars. Today, for whatever reason, the film seems to be hated by many people because of the movies it beat out. I've never really understood putting too much importance on Oscars or any other award show and I really don't understand why one movie must take a beating just because of what films it beat out. ORDINARY PEOPLE takes a beating because it beat RAGING BULL. Something like DANCES WITH WOLVES takes a beating because it beat GOODFELLAS. Then there's FORREST GUMP that takes a beating because it beat out PULP FICTION or THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.

As far as the film itself goes I think this is a great one. I've always liked how the film took a look at a simple person's life and a simple person who is always in very big situations yet never really understands it. There are countless bits of dialogue that are remembered by mans and they've entered the public IQ but the one dealing with knowing what love is is the one that always caught my attention as far as what this film is about. To me Gump goes through all these historic things yet it's always his love for Jenny that is the heart of the picture.

I thought the story itself was quite great and especially how we take a look at American history through the 60s, 70s and 80s. I know some people make this a political movie but I've always found that to be rather foolish. The film has a wonderful soundtrack to highlight the various eras that are shown and we also get some clever use of CGI to put Gump in the presence of people like JFK and Richard Nixon. The screenplay hits all the right notes and there's no question that technically speaking the film is impressive.

Then there are the performances that really make the movie. Hanks picked up his second Best Actor award and while I personally would have given it to Paul Newman for his performance in NOBODY'S FOOL, there's no question that Hanks is great here. He certainly nailed that "simple" man and there's not a false moment in the performance. Gary Sinise is wonderful in his role as is Mykelti Williamson in his small bit. Robin Wright Penn is the perfect opposite to Hank's character and Sally Field is good as well.

No matter what people say, FORREST GUMP is still a wonderful little gem that has a lot of great things in it.
38 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tom Hanks' best performance
fernandez_198922 December 2006
This awesome movie is about an innocent man who represents how the world should be: he's loyal, humble, honest, he would never cheat or lie. He does everything with good heart and reaches success at the most important tasks of life.

Only in America he could live such an interesting life: meet Elvis Presley, President Kennedy, John Lennon... He goes to Vietnam's war and he does everything following his heart. He becomes an American hero.

Gary Sinise is a great American actor in his best performance too. He served in Vietnam with Forrest and was also a hero, protecting his men and fighting for his country.

All in all this is a must-see movie for everyone, specially for non-Americans, so we can enjoy American culture and icons, as well as learn some American history, which is very useful.
191 out of 305 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Real Message
colephelps-8415530 May 2016
My friend suggested me to watch this movie. I didn't expect anything out of it, just wanted to pass some time. After the movie ended, I felt like I had never seen anything like this before.. It even made me write a review. Such a beautifully made movie, has got everything. Teaches you about the power of love and innocence. Sometimes we take our life as granted and all we think is we don't have anything. This movie tells you how to realize and work with all that you have, no matter how you are. Brilliant way of telling a story of a young boy Forrest and his life. Not only through the eye of Forrest, but a mother, a friend and general people. The way your innocence wins over anyone you come across is exceptional, and all you will leave behind is love and respect. Magnificent movie.
28 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must watch!
aussieg25 January 2020
An absolutely remarkable film about a decent, humble man who throughout his life met a few presidents, fought in Vietnam, was a professional Ping Pong player and ran around the whole country of America while also meeting celebrities like John Lennon and Elvis Presley. A truly heart changing film that will change your life forever. After all this Forrest had an I.Q of 75 but that didn't stop him.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The role of innocence in positive thinking and thus success ...
AlsExGal22 December 2012
... seems to be the theme of this film. Forrest Gump has an IQ of 70, is being raised by a single mom, lives in a remote part of the Deep South where there are few opportunities, and has legs that require that he wear braces as a child. Sounds like the recipe for a sad tale or at least a slow death from mediocrity right? No, instead, because Forrest isn't really bright enough to realize the situation he is in, he simply does what he's told to do or what occurs to him to be the right thing at the time and succeeds due to a lack of self doubt. He's told to run and he becomes the star of the Crimson Tide and an All American. When recovering from a war wound, he's taught ping-pong and winds up competing at the global level in China itself. He promises his dying friend Bubba that he'll go ahead with their plans and become a shrimp boat captain and his brand of seafood products becomes a household name.All along the way he never learns the lessons in life that tend to make the rest of us cynical.

Gump's childhood sweetheart Jenny starts out with high aspirations - she wants to be like Joan Baez and fight for world peace - and instead she winds up disillusioned, drug addicted, and a near suicide before age 30. She doesn't have Forrest's childlike innocence and this leads her to self-doubt and ultimately failure. Also, fate or "destiny" as the film calls it, is not on her side in one big way - her own father molested her as a child, which couldn't help but play a role in the decisions she made.

Now Gump does have a bunch of coincidences on his side - call it destiny if you will - the storm that beaches every shrimping vessel in the Gulf of Mexico but his, for example - but in most cases this is just the story of a man going through life without self doubt and that little voice that tells the rest of us "You can't do that! What are the odds! You'll fail! Make the safe choice!" To me, this is what this film is about. I think everyone sees something different in it. I highly recommend it as it is truly one of a kind. I remember when it came out it absolutely made professional reviewers crazy that people liked this film, probably because they didn't understand it.
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Encapsulating...
Xstal25 December 2020
... all that is, all that was and all that will ever be, through the life experiences of the titular character performed to perfection by Tom Hanks whose generous performance leaves us humbled and in awe of what we can achieve, how we can achieve it and why we would want that achievement in the first instance. A piece of cinematic storytelling that will perpetually resonate no matter who or what you are, where you are going or who you are going with - timeless.
17 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forrest, Forrest Gump.. The greatest.
matt7226 September 2015
There is an unfortunate time when you watch this film, its not the film thats the problem its my highly evident fear of the next few films I watch just seeming so bad. For simply not being this. Its everything. Its a romantic-comedy-tragedy-life-story-historical-personal- uplifting-war story. Every time I watch it I go on an emotional journey with the characters that are quickly built up in the world around Forrest. There is not much more I can say about this film that will say how much i like it, apart from award it the accolade that is; My favourite film. Over time the film stands up, the performances seem to get better knowing how Hanks has gone on to be a great actor. His supporting cast do a great job of making the world of the film feel believable.
20 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best film for me
jimmyst-7548111 May 2016
The best film I have ever seen. If you are looking for something meaningful here's the stuff!!! Cinema is all about how it makes you feel. I think I felt in every possible way during this film at the right guantities the perfect moment. After this unsurpassed experience I became a better person or more specifically I knew how I wanted to be as a person. Life is all about goodness and how you can help your fellowman. You don't have to be smart, talented, gifted, handsome, tall. You only have to be hopeful. Have belief in your actions. Have belief in the world, even in the darkest hours. When you have witnessed pure love, affection, kindness there is only one thing to do. Share it, share it to the rest of the people. Even if people believe you're wrong and nothing will change. It will.
18 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great flick
antmon27 March 2021
Great flick. Have to say anything under a 7 rating are just kids posting to goof around.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great!
seymabilgen24 January 2014
actually this movie is one of my favorite movies. the story is amazing, breathtaking. and tom hanks is rocking it! every human on earth should watch this movie! the story shows us that no matter what we can still do big things as long as we believe. Forrest is an inspiration for so many. if you haven't seen this movie yet, let go everything and start watching. after you've seen the movie something is gonna change. go and watch! enjoy!!

PS: tom hanks is great. the directors could record him as he sleeps and still he can win the Oscar! :D

it's a movie which has 6 Oscars! c'mon! what are you waiting for? watch!
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I loved this movie since I was little
FireFly39024 January 2014
I remember seeing this movie for the first time when I was eight years old. My grandfather always showed this to us when we were younger. It became one of my favorite movies , not because of the story line , but what it meant to me in real life. I remember watching the beginning when Forrest had his legs braces, like me. I thought "He is like me and I know how it is to be teased." considering I have mild cerebral palsy this movie meant my life and how I can see others treat you different when you have "special legs". I learned from this movie just because you have special legs and you are not considered "smart" don't let that hold you back. It never did and I'am thankful for this movie. People need to understand just because you have a disability does not mean we are stupid. We can do many things.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Life is so beautiful..
raulbora5 September 2012
Never wrote a review before but every time I watched Forrest Gump I got the urge to do it.. This time I couldn't resist it and here I am sharing a few lines with you folks :) FG is one of my favourite movies. I think that if I had to choose a word to described this movie that would be LIFE. Forrest shows me how simple, beautiful and basic life is and how easy is to miss it and let it pass you by. The movie is very detailed and keeps you hooked in until the end. Towards the end though it touches you, puts a knott in your throat and even squeezes some tears out of you. I am sure I have absolutely nothing new to add but I wanted to show and share my appreciation for this wonderful and brilliant movie. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful ...
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Perfect Film
gopikrishnan9211 June 2013
Wow. An incredible film. I watched many other movies of Tom Hanks, Now i understand that i made a great mistake by not watching this movie this long. This is such an epic. Terrific acting by Tom Hanks, dint knew that he was this versatile. The film just creates a very good feel inside you that even after watching it just hangs within your mind. Gump is spontaneous with great talent even though he looks retarded. Every scene in the movie drags our full attention into it, by the spontaneous actions of Gump. The movie's BGM is also perfect and syncs nicely with the scenes. Everything, everything is perfect for this film. Such films are extremely rare. This should have been a multi Oscar winner and indeed, it is. Watch it. No other words. Just watch and feel.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heart Warming
rickeypinkney18 October 2015
This movie was amazing. It reminds me of my rises and falls in my life and just seeing how resilient Forrest Gump became was really inspiring. He had so much to offer the world, even when no one saw his ability to contribute to society. He did everything from leading a football team to a championship, to being a war hero. Even through the tough times in high school to the frantic relationship with Jenny, Forrest still remained humble and resilient. Any anti-bullying campaign, in my opinion, should use Forrest Gump as a prime example. Maybe even go as far as showing the movie. The movie also shows what it truly means to keep a promise. The promises that Forrest made to his mother, Bubba, Jenny and Lieutenant Dan were all kept. His love, passion, drive and spiritual understanding were all unconditional. What an amazing movie
12 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.