Chungking Express (1994)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some violence, sexuality and drug content|
Sex & Nudity
- A few times where couples kiss passionately for extended periods of time. One man is seen walking around his apartment in just a tank top and underwear. One longer scene where a man and woman chase each other around an apartment (the woman just wearing a skirt and bra) then begin kissing and eventually move to the bed where they kiss passionately. The scene then cuts away and all we see is the woman lying on her stomach on the bed with no top on (though nothing is seen). The entire sequence is fairly lengthy and children may be wondering what's going on, though no actual nudity or sex is shown.
Violence & Gore
- Most of the violence in the film is shot with a very low shutter speed so it's difficult to see what is happening. Though it is clear during one sequence that a woman is shooting some people that are chasing her. Blood can be seen on their clothes. The most graphic violence is when a woman shoots a man at close range. It's shot in silhouette so you don't see the wound but you do see blood spray from his body.
- One use of 'Damn'
- One S-word
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some drinking.
- One of the characters is a drug trafficker. We see them loading drugs into shoes and at one point filling condoms and giving them to other characters to "hide."
- Many characters smoke throughout the movie.
- Two characters are at a bar together and they buy numerous drinks, one passes out.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some of the violence can seem intense. Particularly the scene where the woman sneaks up on the man and shoots him because it happens so suddenly.