After committing check fraud, Preston Waters lives out his 12-year-old fantasies by spending a million dollars in 6 days, but he quickly realizes he can't quite handle the consequences. Miguel Ferrer and Brian Bonsall star in this 1994 kid classic that will leave you asking, "Why didn't this kid get grounded?"
Karen Duffy also played a character named Shay in Dumb & Dumber the same year. Both films involved a briefcase full of money as a plot element, but unlike this Film Karen Duffy was one of the Antagonists In Dumb and Dumber (1994). See more »
Indiana must sure have some odd weather, like in August. In some scenes we see Preston on the water slide and his pool, but yet others he's wearing a jacket and long sleeves. See more »
Your cynical, money-grubbing children will LOVE it!
Don't waste your kids' time with movies about dreams, building relationships with family, overcoming life's obstacles with the help of best friends, or how they can improve themselves through scholarship or sport!
Instead, show your little future corporate CEO or CFO this film and teach them the important values of:
* how fun it is to have valuable toys and possessions, including a go-kart track in the back yard, and your own personal waterslide!
* how money gets people to do anything you want!
* how stealing money's OK, as long as it's from the bad guys!
* a fool and his gold are soon parted (and you don't want to lose your money, do you?)
* be wary of gold digging women!
* you CAN get away with it by lying!
An official selection at the Future Corporate Leaders Film Festival, this movie will be one your kids will always cherish.
22 of 31 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this