Friends (TV Series 1994–2004) Poster

(1994–2004)

1,572 Reviews
My Friends on T.V.
midz12 August 1998
There never has been a sitcom that truly pictures life among the singles (twenty-something) as good as this show does. It's not just comedy, it presents the episodes in such a way that one can truly identify with the situations they face so the audience has something to talk about in coffee shops too. The humor is universal. I feel like I'm part of the group every time I watch it because I feel the different emotions they go through. Plus, of course, it is so much fun because it's fast-paced. Every scene and every moment is relative to what is going to happen next so you don't feel like it is dragging you onto nothing. Just like how a sitcom should be. Funny!
827 out of 1,006 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best American TV has to offer
Zeitgeist131326 July 2005
'Friends' is simply the best series ever aired. The acting is amazing; after watching a few episodes you stop referring to the actors by their real names altogether, even if they appear in another movie. The characters are addictive, none are completely positive or negative. It would be quite easy to get along with or to be very annoyed by any of them in real life. Yet, all of them together (or even divided in groups) create this amazing chemistry that most people desire and few lucky ones have. The humor is wonderful, no matter what type of humor you like, you will get to a point where you will find at least something absolutely hilarious. There is slapstick, some light humor, some dark humor, some raunchiness, some cheesiness - a little bit of everything. The story is captivating; viewers keep coming back to see what situation fate (being the writers) puts the characters in today. It is truly a television masterpiece.

There are, however, many people who scoff at the mentioning of 'Friends'. My guess is they've never seen or paid attention to the show. It's easy to discard something because "everyone likes it" and be "unique", when in reality the uniqueness is actually bias. Just watch a few episodes with before making any judgements - chances are you'll fall in love with it too. I would have serious doubts about one's sense of humor if I heard that they hated 'Friends'.
777 out of 969 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Best Show Ever
Fabrizio0320 February 2005
Everyone says that Seinfield is the greatest show ever. I love Seinfield but it doesn't come close to Friends. Every episode of Friends will make you laugh non-stop. We have grown to love the characters and what happens to them. The fitting personalities of these characters are absolute genius. Rachel the spoiled yet sweet girl, Monica the mother figure, Phoebe the hippy chick, Joey the dopey yet cool Italian, Chandler the sarcastic loser and Ross the neurotic victim stay together to help each other with their problems in the big city. I've got every season on DVD. This sitcom, in my opinion, is the greatest sitcom of all time and it changed the TV world forever. It's a great show.
1,365 out of 1,718 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still as funny as it was when it started back in '94
Silverzero18 January 2003
People are saying that friends is running out of ideas and that the humour is getting dull. Running out of ideas? possibly. Humour getting feeble? absolutely not. In fact it's getting better. OK, so perhaps they're beginning to "pair up" the six of them, but so what. Chandler's sarcasm is still as funny as ever. Monica's quirkiness still works. Phoebe's goofiness still brings about a smile. And Joey,Rachel and Ross are still as funny as they always were. So stop being a bunch of cynics and enjoy the show while it's still on.
546 out of 684 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Where are YOUR Friends?
iceeviee2 March 2005
I've been reading a lot of these comments. Some people don't like the show...claiming it to be unrealistic or that the plot lines get boring.

I didn't discover Friends until a year or two ago (thanks to MY friends) but I ADORE the show in syndication and I hope to own the DVDs. Its damn funny and no one can deny it. Except for stiffs. And whats best about Friends is that its REAL.

Ross and Rachel getting old? How could it? Do relationships get old in real life? No, they're ongoing, sometimes stagnating, sometimes changing. Thats REAL.

This show is about 6 people who love each other like family...which I must say as an 18 year old... is very real. Once you hit your late teens - early twenties...things begin to change. You grow both closer to and further from your biological family, and as you reach more independence, you adopt another family of your own: YOUR FRIENDS.

We may not all sit in coffee shops, but we all LOVE our friends like they were blood. That's what this show is about. Makes you all warm and fuzzy (and sore from laughing) inside. And as a show: FRIENDS will always be a part of MY family.
662 out of 835 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can this show be any better?!
salokurdovanidze12 November 2020
Are you happy? watch Friends! are you sad? watch Friends! not sure! yet, watch Friends!
76 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best sitcoms ever
PugPerson14 April 2005
After seeing every episode of this much loved sitcom i much say that the writers and cast have succeeded in making something that is not only humorous, but also forces you to care about the characters and what happens to them in the future. All six of the friends bring characteristics to the show that make the viewer feel like they know them. Each one of the characters is funny in their own way and due to the shows fast pace there is never a boring episode.

I will say however that towards the end Friends did start to lose what it had but, never the less was still very good. I started watching the show at series five but from then on i was hooked.

I recommend this sitcom to anyone and everyone.
370 out of 487 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A timeless and endless classic
manojmagecha25 March 2020
I cannot remember the amount of times I've sat down and thought "I want to watch a new series on Netflix and start a new film!" And after 5 minutes of watching something new I thought, why bother?!? And switch over to watching friends 😂 easy to watch, great comedy and full of content that's completely original. The more I watch it the more I learn about the characters I grew up with, and how I would respond to certain situations, with or without the overhead laughter in the background. I don't know a single person that hasn't seen this, so if your one of them reading my review, do yourself a favour and grab a glass of wine, or whatever, and prepare for back to back television greatness. Thank you "Friends"
105 out of 133 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still just as funny today!
DiCaprio-HardyFan21 November 2020
I still love Friends as much now than I did when it was on 15-20 years ago. It's just one of those all-time great sitcoms that are just as funny watching reruns as it was watching for the first time! Not many shows are just as funny today as they were 15-20 years ago but Friends is absolutely one of those shows! All 6 characters are almost equally as funny! This truly is one of the best comedies that has ever been made!
19 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
fantastic
rossrobinson12 November 2003
Friends has got to be one of the best Us Sitcom comedys ever. I'll be sad for this programme to end next year in 2004 because the whole team did such a fantastic effort to put everthing into this series. It was such a great programme and i think it will always will be. After 10 seasons the programme comes to it's end. I give this 10 out of 10.
419 out of 568 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The greatest show on television
kmbick29 February 2004
Friends is an excellent tv show. All of the actors are excellent!

People are saying they don't understand it, which confuses me. It's great entertainment! Friends are talking and living their life, and you see what goes on. It's going to be hell when it is finally over! The writers are the best I have seen. How could it be a horrible show when actresses such as Jennifer Aniston have won Golden Globes because of her work in it. No one who has watched this show once can say they did not laugh their ass off at least once during the 30 minute period!
433 out of 594 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A series No one will EVER forget
patricia_abiog13 January 2009
If you want a show that is filled with romance/drama and comedy, this is the show that is fit for you, because it IS filled with romance,drama and comedy that is why wherever I go I will NEVER forget that show,those characters and those series. I am unlikely to give good reviews but F.R.I.E.N.D.S really captured my heart!

This show is the BEST show that I EVER watched because: 1.It makes me laugh. 2.Whenever I am lonely I watch the show so that I will be happy again. 3.The actors and actresses portray their characters very well. 4.The stories are unique. 5.The script IS Amazing!

So now that I gave you the reasons why I love it... I now recommend you to watch It!
98 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just finished watching whole series on Netflix
embless13 August 2018
I am such a fan of the Friends tv show. The characters are well developed independently and together they play off each other well. Some moments are cheesy while others are funny, while the rest is just very well acted and dialogued by the cast. At least give the first season episodes a go, if you still don't like it, don't watch it. But for those who enjoy a well developed multi character show..... Friends is sure to make you laugh and want to get to know each character more. Its a television show.... there are bound to be goofs or inconsistencies, no television show has ever ever in the history of tv been 200% perfect. I plan on buying the whole series on Blue-Ray soon to add to my dvds.
73 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best t.v. shows ever!
Pookyiscute23 March 2004
Easily in my top five category of funniest and best shows in prime time history.

Everyone on this show is so witty and delivers their lines superbly that it's hard not to like all of them equally. However, I do have my favorite characters/actors/actresses, as I'm sure everyone who has watched the show even once or twice, to those who are avid fans of it.

We'll start from least favorite to best character/actor.

Matt Le Blanc/Joey Tribbiani:

Although some might say, because of his boyish good looks, his cute jokes that he delivers now and then (very well, mind you), and his ability to make you feel sweet and sorry for him at the same time, he is a great actor, and plays his part as Joey Tribbiani really well, he's probably my least favorite on the show. I love him, don't get me wrong, but I just appreciate everyone else's talents on the show much more.

Jennifer Aniston/Rachel Green:

Rachel Green is a fun-loving, cute little waitress, who seems to always have trouble finding Mr. Right, who is plainly right in front of her 24/7. Who is that, you ask? Well, obviously Ross Gellar. Her roommate Monica's brother. Rachel is undoubtedly most everyone's favorite character who watches this show, just not mine. Sometimes her personality can get a little annoying, and although I like her better than Joey, not very much more. But, that doesn't go without saying that I don't love her in movies. Because, well, I do.

Courtney Cox/Monica Gellar:

It's hard to put Monica Gellar so far down the list, but if I have to make room for the other three, than so be it. As much as I love her on this show, she's just not as good as she is in the 'Scream' trilogy. But, she certainly does a good job convincing you that she hates to be wrong, has to have everything her way, and is a real trooper with most all of her challenges on the show, that the writers give her.

Lisa Kudrow/Pheobe Buffey:

Now, I love Lisa Kudrow. She is definitely one of the funniest woman comedians, which is why I classify her as my favorite female on the show. She outdid herself in 'Romy And Michele's High School Reunion', but she's extraordinary on this show. She's so ingenious with her comedy which is no doubt why she's won several awards for her role on the program.

David Schwimmer/Ross Gellar:

It's so funny to me that I like him so much. He's not the best actor in my opinion, but he was really good in Kissing A Fool, and really just ok in The Pallbearer, but my second favorite on the show. He's so funny and he cracks me up with all of his facial expressions and the excellent way he delivers his lines. He is definitely my second favorite character and actor on the show.

Matthew Perry/Chandler Bing:

They should have a shrine dedicated to this man. He is so outstandingly funny in every single project that he works on! He is so hysterical and a true actor in everything that he does, it is amazing that someone can be so talented. I wish that he were given more roles than just the few comedies he's been in, including Friends. But, he is such a great character on the show, it's hard to picture the program without him. With that being said, I would also like to add that he is not only the best actor on the show, and one of my personal favorites, but I also believe that he would be such a great dramatic actor if given the chance. If you've seen him in 'She's Out Of Control' you'll know what I'm talking about.

So, with that I give this show a definite 10/10. It's one of the best shows to come out within the last ten years, and definitely on my top five best shows of all time list.

And that's my review.
614 out of 868 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply the best!!
pranabpoira16 June 2020
This sitcom is extraordinary. Kudos to the wits of the writers. They have created a generation defining, evergreen, universal show. It's funny, emotional, witty, stupid all at once and in a good way. The characters grow on you and at one point you feel you are with them. So much emotional side of each character has been explored that you feel like if you bumped into them someday you would feel like you are reunited with old friends. Never have I ever come across a sitcom which changed the way I think of life, this one did. A bunch of friends who live in the same city, going through ups and downs of life and supporting each other. At some level it challenged me to be like one of them, to be a better friend. I liked how they have shown that none of the characters are perfect and yet perfect in their own way. For someone who is in 20s or early 30s it is quite relatable. At times you realize the sloppy writing, but the emotional quotient overpowers that and you allow that to happen. Total bingeworthy.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All-Time Best Sitcom
clargarrr26 July 2016
I love this show so much! F.R.I.E.N.D.S is a sitcom that you could easily binge-watch at any time of the day. I was able to finish the whole 10 seasons, which ran for 10 years, in under a month. That's just how great it is! I can't even give it a negative review about anything. You'll just really learn to love all the characters through time. No wonder people have clamored for a reunion with the cast, you just can't get enough of it.

When you're feeling down and think you could use a good laugh, put this one on top of your to-watch list. It doesn't matter that the show ran from 1994-2004, the humor it had is timeless!

In a perfect world where we could pick a series that could run forever, F.R.I.E.N.D.S would be that show. Notice how different TV networks are still doing re-runs at present time even after it has ended back in '04. You'll find that a new generation of viewers who are watching and loving it are surprised to discover that the cast are quite old already. Nothing could beat it.
108 out of 144 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My heart aches every time I re-watch this show.
gemma-pleavin199313 September 2019
There's just no other show that can even hold a candle to what Friends was and is for so many people, I watched the finale episode live and it felt surreal that I would never laugh,cry or yearn for these six characters ever again.
59 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best TV comedy, ever
RJBrez6 November 2020
You can rewatch the show at anytime and it's still hilarious. I realized the other day that I still quote the show on a daily basis. With our world the way it is now, you'll unfortunately never see another show like it again.
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I still watch friends 4 times a week
elsavanswieten9 June 2018
It's really crazy but I still watch Friends 4 times a week. There is nothing that could cheer me up like this on a full day. The humor, the characters, the details (i see more and more every time - and I've watched every episode A LOT).

I was born in 1992 and the last 4-5 seasons I bought when they just came out. I have them all on DVD. I have the Friends Book. Just missing a 'Frankie says hi' t-shirt to join the collection ;-) I just dissapear in the serie when I watch it. Love it. BIG CRAZY FAN says bye! X
58 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny and heart touching even after 26 years of its release.
sajugopz14 April 2020
My friend recommended this to me.And I am thankful tha he did.At first because of my exams I didn't care much on watching but after the second season it got hold on me.Don't know if it's only me but I was crying after the final season.
63 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect
johnascough-612418 June 2020
Perfection. An incredibly well crafted show, everything from writing, acting, set, it is all unbelievable. A must watch but I warn u, u will become obsessed with the show.
25 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'll be there for you...in the true sense
srishti-sinha23 September 2015
I am quoting some body but I totally agree with this - "If I get a wish from a genie someday, I would ask him to erase my memory, so that I can watch Friends again afresh and relish those priceless moments...."

To say that F.R.I.E.N.D.S is a good situation comedy would be a gross understatement of monumental proportions. When you watch friends, you just don't watch it, you live it.

It is not about how perfect you have to make your life.. it is about how every moment , good or bad , together makes life perfect.

No matter what kind of person you are, you can always relate to its story line. Unlike most of the contemporary serials, this one does not have a narrow perspective. There are no fart jokes, no clichés, no stereotypical bullshit - just original day-to-day incidents and the fun and laughter and quarrels associated with it. There are no jokes for joking sake. And it would blow your mind to think how anyone can create six characters like Chandler Bing, Monica Geller, Joey Tribbiani, Phoebe Buffay, Rachel Green and Ross Geller.

Hands down - "best thing ever and not just on TV"
33 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They'll be there for you!!!
yaxleycratler6 August 2018
Friends is without a doubt the best American TV show ever to air. It has sad and hilarious storylines and makes you feel the sadness and jot out of any situation. The actors do fantastic and you really feel like you know a part of them by the end of the show. This will be a show I will never forget as I make constant references to the episodes. I wish the show could come back on air because I miss them so much, but I'm glad it got all the fame it did because it deserved it.
53 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
the most lovable show ever..
rhea-0204231 July 2016
FRIENDS is the best sitcom ever made. It is one of the things which made my growing up years special. This is the first TV show I watched and absolutely loved. It taught us friendship, love and loyalty. It has the most adorable characters and one can never get tired of watching reruns. FRIENDS is just pure joy which leaves inside you a warm fuzzy feeling, lifting your spirits and instantly brightening your mood. It is the only show which can make you laugh, cry, fall in love even after all these years. It inspires. The dialogues make me laugh and cry even though I have already watched and heard them countless times. It is timeless. It still feels so difficult to watch the last episode because you do not want it to end. I love this show and I am so sure I will love it even 30years from now. The most beautiful, funny and inspiring show ever. I just wish there were more seasons, though they ended the show as beautifully as possible, I loved the show too much to see it ending. FRIENDS always. :)
60 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why Should You Watch It?
yashnick-4846216 May 2021
It's a legendary show. Start watching it and you'll understand why I wrote legendary. You can honestly relate to more than one character, their daily life situation and most importantly you'll understand that why is it important to have a tight knit group of friends in your life.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.