Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 43 items
Sex & Nudity
- Sexuality jokes throughout the series.
- There are many, many sexual references in this show. In some episodes characters say "sex and vagina and penis" In other episodes characters briefly talk about affairs and sex. There at least 5 sexual references in every single episode.
- Sex is a constant theme of most episodes, with discussion, references, and comments about sexual activities continuously in each episode. Also lots of comments about strippers and porn. While no nudity is shown, couples sleep together and are shown in bed together a lot. Females characters show nipples through their shirts quite frequently.
- There is a part in one episode where the characters are playing strip happy days game. We see someone in a bra and it is implied that a character has nothing but his boxers on but we only see the top of him as he is sitting down
- Many sexual references throughout the entire series, several each episode. A lot of implementation of sex and sexual acts such as «BJ». Dirty jokes is almost constant from one specific characther
- A LOT of sexual references
- There is A LOT of sexual dialogs and lots of sexual conversations and references. Although, there is nothing graphic and the sex is always implied.
- There are A LOT of sexual dialoge in this TV show. Actually, Friends is TV 14 only because of sexual refrences and conversations. Although, there is nothing graphic and sex is always implied.
- There are some references to sex, penis, vagina, blowjobs and condoms
- Some adult humor and language as well as references to adult situations. Many mild to moderate sex references. References to sexual situations, drugs, and sexual orientation. Some nudity though nothing too graphic and mentions of sexuality in relation to the body.
- One of the main themes of the show is romance and relationship, but nothing too explicit is ever shown.
- Many passionate kisses between characters.
- In some episodes, characters are shown in bed together before or after sex, but as always nothing is ever shown.
- Joey is a womanizer and often sleeps with the people he dates. Joey sleeps with countless women throughout the series and then never calls them, which may send a negative message to children.
- Chandler's dad is gay and there are some homophobic jokes that Chandler himself is gay (though he is not).
- It is implied that Phoebe is attracted to women, such as being tempted to ask Ross and Monica's hot cousin on a date. However, she is only shown to date men.
- There is a running joke throughout the series that the six friends spy on 'ugly naked guy' from Monica's apartment window.
- One of Ross's ex-wives divorced him after having an affair with a woman and discovering she was lesbian.
- There are a few nude scenes in the show, however nothing is explicit is ever shown.
- In one episode, Chandler enters Monica and Rachel's apartment whilst Rachel is having a shower. Rachel enters the room nude from the waist up, not noticing Chandler. When she sees him, she screams and covers herself up. This scene becomes a running joke and the main plot point of the episode.
Violence & Gore
- In one episode, Ross attempts to punch Joey but the latter ducks and Ross punches a pillar instead breaking his hand.In the same episode, Joey accidentally punches Ross in the face again.
- There is rare and infrequent comic violence throughout.
- S5 Ep 8 ("The One with All the Thanksgivings"): Phoebe images herself in the middle of war and an explosion rips her arm off with blood pouring out. It is supposed to obviously be fake and it is only comical however large amounts of obviously fake blood can be seen.
- Phoebe punches Joey in the face and his nose starts to bleed. A little bit of blood can be seen.
- There is infrequent uses of British profanities such as bloody, arse and bugger.
- Moderate Language throughout
- There isn't any word bad enough to be censored.
- There are no strong language. Only some mild languages such as "crap", "son of a bitch", "damn", "hell" etc. Word "shit" has been replaced with "shoot". There is no "fuck" word in Friends. (exept of one use of "F-Word")
- Frequent uses of damn, hell, crap, ass. Some uses of bitch, piss, dick, wank, screw, whore, slut. In Series 7 Episode 16, (Extended Version), Joey uses the phrase: "Does a Bear Shit in the Woods?" This is the only time in the series when shit is said, however it is not broadcast on TV. Also, there is infrequent uses of British profanities such as bloody, arse and bugger.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- In one episode Ross and Rachel drink lots of whiskey, tequila, beer and wine and get very drunk
- The boys drink beer often
- One episode is about Rachel smoking
- Alcohol consumption and characters get drunk sometimes.
- Some references in dialogue to marijuana, but no use is shown.
- Characters smoke cigarettes in several episodes; there is a recurring story arc that Chandler is an ex-smoker who frequently lapses under stress.
- One subplot of one episode is that Ross once lied to his parents about taking drugs and blamed it on Chandler
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Phoebe's mother commited suicide, which quite often is mentioned throughout the series. Phoebe mostly talks about it as if it hadn't affected her. For example, when Monica speaks about a weird thing her mother did, Phoebe answers: "my mum used to put her head in the oven... It was pretty weird" (laughter from the audience) .
- No frightening content however there is some infrequent emotional scenes in at least every season once or twice, which can be found intense.
Sex & Nudity
- In another episode, Ross is in bed. Rachel walks in wearing lingerie designed after Princess Leia's golden bikini from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. They are about to have sex until Ross accidentally imagines his mom in the costume due to something Chandler said earlier. This disturbs Ross.
- In the first part of the Season 5 finale, Rachel is alone in her and Monica's apartment. Phoebe had earlier told Rachel to walk around naked when she is alone. Rachel does so in a scene which lasts for 2-3 minute. She dances by a window naked. Ross sees this from his apartment across the street. Rachel doesn't realize this and continues dancing. Ross mistakes this for Rachel meaning that she wants to have sex. Ross knocks on the door and Rachel gets dressed. She embarrasses Ross when he realizes she didn't want sex. This becomes a running joke in the episode. This is probably the most explicit nude scene of the entire series, however nothing but side-boob and her bare back is shown.
Violence & Gore
- In one episode, Chandler and Ross are repeatedly terrorised in the coffee house by two bullies. The pair finally stand up to them and prepare to fight them outside but the fight never takes place after two thieves steal the four guys belongings which leads to them chasing down the thieves and fighting with them instead (this fight takes place offscreen). Ross,Chandler and the two bullies end the episode as friends.
- Season 8 episode 12. Phoebe is playing Pac Man and after she loses she screams "you son of a bitch" but bitch gets cut off. If you can read her mouth, it is revealed that she is saying the f*ck.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- In season 5, Ross and Rachel become drunk and get married in Vegas