Taking the Heat (TV Movie 1993) Poster

(1993 TV Movie)

I Recommend "Taking the Heat!"
Guy14330 May 1999
I have always seen "Taking the Heat" at the video store but never cared on seeing it until one day finding it for $3 bucks at Wal-Mart! I thought to myself, Tony Goldwyn and Lynn Whitfield, $3 dollars, and full-length, what the heck!!! Right when I got home I popped it into the VCR and for some odd reason I didn't move for the next 91 min. New Yorker Michael Norell, played great by Tony Goldwyn, suddenly finds himself hunted by both hit men and police after he witnesses a brutal murder committed by a crime kingpin (Alan Arkin). Now only a beautiful detective (sexy Lynn Whitfield) can get him to court alive - and convince him to testify against the murderous mobster. With a superb supporting cast including George Segal, Alan Arkin, Will Patton, & Peter Boyle, what more could you want from a simple made for cable movie!?! I'm not telling you to go rent or buy it ASAP but if you ever come across it, it's worth 91 mins. of your time!
13 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Pretty cool movie
David Walker Stevens15 December 2001
This is a feel good film. Well, I got that feeling from it. Crime, drama, gangster, court and a little romance thrown in, the entire film is steady and this makes it simple to view and enjoy. Not too heavy or complicated, it relies on scene structuring to cultivate the story line. It has the type of acting that provides a comfortable viewing experience. Humor is placed in a measured effect throughout the film. The plot is steady. It seems to give the same atmosphere of TV or detective shows made in the 70's. One nice thing is the use of good actors without causing any single actor/character to become the "star" of the film. Also of note; the intro song is good, the use of radio and TV broadcast in the film and the sky shots of the city.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
Rachel York makes this worth watching.
admjtk17017 July 2000
"Taking The Heat" would be utterly forgettable save for the appearance of the incredibly talented and beautiful Rachel York who plays Susan, a secretary. Rachel alone is worth the price of the film and your viewing time. I have to admit, I am a huge fan of Ms. York. And, after seeing her many times on stage and hearing her wonderful singing voice, her part in this film is not the best use of her marvelous talent. However, she does appear nude. And, aside from her acting and singing, Rachel is absolutely gorgeous! She is dark haired in this one. Usually she is blonde. I suggest you forward fast the tape just to see her scenes.
7 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?