A Perfect World (1993)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 32 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for violence, sexual content and language|
Sex & Nudity
- The main character's childhood as the son of a prostitute is discussed.
- Looking at a boy who has been abducted while in his underwear, a man comments disparagingly on the size of his genitals. Later, another man learns of the first conversation, and suggests the boy show him. After a moment, the child pulls down his shorts (offscreen), and the man reassures him that he is a good size for his age, which makes the boy smile in relief. The scene is not intended to be sexual in nature.
- After she suggestively sucks on a pickle slice, a man and a woman make out heavily and almost have sex (no nudity, but the woman displays significant cleavage). A small boy witnesses their activity, and they stop when they see him.
- A little sexual discussion.
- A sadistic man pursues a child, intending to harm him; it might be interpreted that he intends to molest the boy, but the child gets away before anything happens.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is assaulted in her home by a man who breaks through the back screen door. A neighbor enters with a shotgun, and as her three small children watch, there is a standoff between the neighbor and the two invading men, one of whom grabs a boy as a hostage.
- A man is attacked by two convicts as they escape from prison.
- Three boys throw water balloons at a house on Halloween to tease a boy who isn't allowed to go trick or treating.
- A boy aggressively bites two men who are trying to prevent his escape.
- A man is hit.
- The main character displays a gun to several people who he suspects may try to hinder his escape or deny his requests.
- A boy is hit in two different scenes.
- A man ties up three people, including a small boy, and points a gun at one of their heads.
- A man is hit and kicked in the groin.
- Two men are killed offscreen (in one case, a gunshot is heard). We later see the bodies, and they are somewhat bloody, with bullet holes in their heads.
- A man is shot in the gut and bleeds significantly and for a while.
- A man is shot to death by a rifle bullet to the chest(Some blood).
- Some minor car accidents involving police cars that cause wrecks but no injuries or death (one is almost comical in its depiction).
- Some gunshots that damage property but don't hurt people.
- A man makes an off-color remark about a female frog's genitals.
- There are several uses of the S word. One F word. A few uses of "ass". Some slang terms for male genitals ("pecker" and "dick"). Some uses of damn, hell, sonofabitch, and goddamn. Various utterances of "Jesus" and "Christ".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man mentions that his previous secretary was a heavy drinker.
- The main character smokes cigarettes; the film is set in 1962.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are multiple scenes in which a small boy is holding a gun, pointing it at people in fear or while guarding them. Sometimes he is calm, but on other occasions he is very upset by the situation.
- The earlier suicide by the main character's mother when he was a pre-teenager is mentioned.
- A small boy rides excitedly on top of a car as it is driven down a rural highway; this is depicted in an exhilarating and non-dangerous way.
- A boy shoplifts a Halloween costume from a store, and jumps into the window of a car before it speeds off.
- A small boy assists in the theft of a car, and witnesses the theft of another.
- A boy is upset during a conversation about his father, who apparently abandoned the family a few years earlier.
- A boy is sitting in a parked car when he accidentally shifts gears, and the car careens down a road and through a field as he tries to get the car to stop while lying on the floor.
- The scene were the people are tied up is very intense.
- There are other intense scenes especially one involving home invasion and kidnapping.