Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 25 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some scary images|
Sex & Nudity
- A character uses her detached leg in a seductive way, to distract a villain. Predictably, the villain takes the bait. He proceeds to remove the leg's shoe and pervertedly tickles the foot.
- There's a song sequence in which a character is expressing her romantic feelings about someone she's in love with.
- There's a kiss between two characters at the end of the film.
Violence & Gore
- The film is filled with pseudo-scary visuals, but little actual harm is done. For instance: one character has a hatchet embedded in his head, but it might just as well be a hat. The characters are mostly toys, or, could be interpreted as un-dead creatures.
- Santa Claus is kidnapped and held in a dungeon with manacles.
- Jack, dressed as Santa, is blasted out of the sky with missiles and falls to the ground (he is unhurt).
- A mad doctor has a skull that flips open to reveal his brain, which he massages. Later, he removes half of his brain to place it in a mate he has created.
- The heroine, Sally the rag doll, has arms and legs that come off and operate by themselves.
- Jack tells 3 kids to kidnap Santa. After they are told this they sing about what they should do to him, and it is dark, for example, one of the lines is, "tie him in a bag, throw him in the ocean and, see if he is sad".
- A young boy pulls out a shrunken head from a present box, he is calm, but his parents scream in horror.
- Presents that Jack gives out start menacing people (a vampire doll and sharp-toothed duck chase two kids, a scary-looking wreath corners an old lady with it's vines etc.) No one is hurt.
- Some mild name-calling and insults are used a few times throughout, too.
- 1 use of 'by God', 3 uses of "dumb", 1 use of "fool", and 2 use of "shut up".
- The main character says 'by God' twice in a song. (ex. And, by God I'm really gonna give it all my might)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Sally gives Jack a basket with an item that resembles a bottle of alcohol.
- Sally drugs the mad doctor's soup with "Deadly Night Shade" which knocks him out.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scene where Jack makes a scary face at Lock, Shock, and Barrel to stop fighting each other is creepy.
- During the opening number, a talking tree has swaying skeletons that are hung by the neck from the trees limbs.
- At one point, Jack stretches his mouth grotesquely wide. Frightening but played for laughs.
- The sight of many of the bizarre and somewhat monstrous looking citizens (including the occasionally menacing appearance of the villain, some glowing eyes, and sharp teeth under a bed, etc.).
- A young boy pulls out a shrunken head from a box, this scene lasts for a split second as his parents scream in horror. The music also comes on loud and sudden.
- Children receive menacing or dangerous toys from Jack for Christmas.
- The instances of scary visuals literally number in the hundreds--all of the Charles Addams cartoon-variety.
- The song "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" has dark ideas about what to do with Santa.
Violence & Gore
- Oogie-Boogie is a creature who appears to be a walking burlap bag. The bag is revealed to be full of bugs.