Demolition Man (1993)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated R for non-stop action violence, and for strong language|
Sex & Nudity
- Spartan is nude when he's sentenced to the cryo prison.
- Spartan is completely nude when brought out of cryo-stasis after 36 years. His side buttock is visible.
- Huxley asks Spartan if he wants to have sex with her. They have virtual sex. A partial of her breast is visible. There is some moaning, and then Spartan breaks the connection.
- Using a futuristic video phone, a woman makes a wrong-number call to Spartan, and she is gratuitously shown completely nude for five seconds before she hangs up.
- Phoenix brings criminals out of cryo-stasis. Partial nudity is shown.
Violence & Gore
- A man is stabbed by another man and thrown into an incinerator.
- Many people are shot and killed throughout with little blood.
- A man catches on fire after he is shot on a rooftop.
- One character removes another's eye (off-screen) and sticks it on a pen.
- Some characters' necks are broken, others are beaten violently.
- It is reported that many innocent people are killed in an exploding building.
- An innocent man is thrown through a plate glass window sending him unconcious.
- A running joke is that swearing is totally illegal, but non-stop graphic language is used throughout the movie. Played for laughs.
- Several sexual references and jokes are used throughout. Some are graphic.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Phoenix snorts cocaine and smokes a cigarette both once in the same scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The images of Los Angeles in 1996 as a crime-ridden dystopia on fire can be disturbing to some viewers.
- The theme of government control/tyranny may upset some viewers.
Violence & Gore
- The parole hearing scene of Phoenix may be intense to some viewers.