- The magical inhabitants of a rainforest fight to save their home, which is threatened by logging and a polluting force of destruction called Hexxus.
- The fairies live in a peaceful place in the forest called FernGully, which has been protected for many years by Magi Lune (Grace Zabriskie), a wise fairy with strong powers. Her granddaughter Crysta (Samantha Mathis) is a charming, beautiful fairy that is very intrigued about the world outside of FernGully. She, along with the other fairies in the forest, does not believe humans exist, and are only in stories, until a crazy bat by the name of Batty Koda (Robin Williams), comes and tells them all of these crazy stories about how he was captured by humans and experimented on. At first, no one believes him except Crysta, and she is determined to find out if humans are real. She goes to a place called Mount Warning, where the evil shadow of destruction, Hexxus (Tim Curry), is known to be trapped, and finds a human named Zak (Jonathan Ward). When he is almost crushed by a tree, Crysta accidentally shrinks him to fairy-size and he falls on a tree that is about to be devoured by "The Leveller". "The Leveller" is a wood-cutting machine that has been cutting down every tree the humans have been putting red Xs on. Crysta saves Zak from "The Leveller", which she thinks is just a monster, but she cannot properly un-shrink him. To avoid her being mad at him, Zak tells her that the red Xs keep the monster back, instead of for what they are really there, which is to pick which trees to cut down. They decide to take Zak to Magi Lune, so she can un-shrink him. On the way, Zak sees the forest really for the first time with all of its beauty and life. Back toward Mount Warning, the humans have accidentally released Hexxus, who is set on destroying FernGully, he uses "The Leveller" to cut down all of the trees to FernGully. When Crysta, Zak, and Batty Koda make it back to FernGully, the fairies cannot believe that Zak is really a human, and they're all excited to see him and learn about him. The only one who is truly worried is Magi Lune. She goes to check on the path to FernGully and sees that it is beginning to be destroyed and Hexxus is coming this way. She shows Crysta the red Xs and tells her the trees cannot be saved. With Hexxus drawing closer and closer to FernGully, Magi Lune calls for all of the fairies to come around to tells them of the danger. She uses the last of her magic to try and protect FernGully.—Danisha Williams
- The fairy people of FernGully have never seen humans before, but when Crysta (Samantha Mathis) sees one, Zak (Jonathan Ward), she accidentally shrinks him down to her size. But there is trouble in FernGully, for Zak is part of a logging team who is there to cut down the forest.—Brian W Martz <B.Martz@Genie.com>
- FernGully is a rainforest that is home to a race of fairies who have never seen humans and believe that they only exists in stories. That is, until the arrival of Batty Koda (Robin Williams), a wacky bat who tells the fairies that he has seen the humans. Curious when she sees smoke from Mount Warning, a fairy named Crysta (Samantha Mathis) travels beyond FernGully and discovers a group of humans is destroying the rainforest. Crysta discovers a human named Zak (Jonathan Ward), who is helping destroy the rainforest and accidentally shrinks him. After discovering the beauty of FernGully, Zak and Crysta learn that the fairies and FernGully are in mortal danger. The humans have freed Hexxus (Tim Curry), an evil oil-like creature who, a long time ago, was turned into a tree when he tried to unleash chaos in FernGully. Hexxus has taken over "The Leveller", a logging machine, and he begins his evil scheme to destroy FernGully. Only Zak, Crysta, Batty Koda, Pips (Christian Slater), and the Beetle Boys can defeat Hexxus and save FernGully from destruction.—Daniel Williamson
- FernGully, a spectacular rainforest where a bat named Batty Koda (Robin Williams), whose radar has gone haywire, joins together with Crysta (Samantha Mathis), Pips (Christian Slater), and the Beetle Boys to save their world from the evil Hexxus (Tim Curry). Ignoring the warnings of her friends, Crysta, the curious tree fairy, explores the world beyond FernGully. She discovers Zak (Jonathan Ward), a human who is helping to demolish the rainforest. Once Zak sees the beauty and magic of FernGully, he vows to save it. But it may be too late. The diabolical Hexxus is on the loose and is intent on destroying all of Ferngully.—Rone Barton Lokarr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It looks like we don't have any synopsis for this title yet. Be the first to contribute.Learn more
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content